No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Nice try. Tying the eventual national runner-up is miles away from being swept by a team expected to finish in the bottom three of the league and only finishing +3 in shots in aggregate.
    All I did was cite a stat and what those two seasons had in common. My point was more that this coaching staff finds a way to overcome slow starts.

BTW, preseason "expectations" don't mean squat. BC was picked to finish 6th last year and ended up tied for 1st. Northeastern was picked to finish 2nd and finished 8th. Heck, in Norm's first season Lowell was picked to finished 9th and finished 2nd. But please, keep on letting us know how teams are "expected" to finish based on meaningless preseason polls, because we all know how accurate they are.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

We should have auto posts in this thread every year at the same time.

X [May be more than one]- we suck. All is doomed
      y [may be more than one]- no. this has happened before.
      X- no. we really suck. This isn't like those seasons
      y- they said that about season [chose one] and it turned out
      X- no. this is different.

Then we can hit about January and all of a sudden - well, I guess they might be OK

Then end of Feb, beginning of March- Dam n we are really good!! Yay we win.

There may be a few threads to make it all play out.

I may have missed a few options but this is pretty much it~ except now we get some trolls in here once in awhile too
      Last edited by leswp1; 10-09-2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

X [May be more than one]- we suck. All is doomed
        y [may be more than one]- no. this has happened before.
        X- no. we really suck. This isn't like those seasons
        y- they said that about season [chose one] and it turned out
        X- no. this is different.

Then we can hit about January and all of a sudden - well, I guess they might be OK

Then end of Feb, beginning of March- Dam n we are really good!! Yay we win.

There may be a few threads to make it all play out.

I may have missed a few options but this is pretty much it~ except now we get some trolls in here once in awhile too
        Can't speak for others, but I think the problem is that the program has grown strong enough that the annual expectations are high.

I mentioned it here (I believe) and on Twitter that I thought we were ranked way too high considering the amount of talent we lost. In regards to points lost, I believe it's easily the most in Bazin's era. That takes a while to recover from.

And while I respect the UNH program, getting swept by them just hurts.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          All I did was cite a stat and what those two seasons had in common. My point was more that this coaching staff finds a way to overcome slow starts.

BTW, preseason "expectations" don't mean squat. BC was picked to finish 6th last year and ended up tied for 1st. Northeastern was picked to finish 2nd and finished 8th. Heck, in Norm's first season Lowell was picked to finished 9th and finished 2nd. But please, keep on letting us know how teams are "expected" to finish based on meaningless preseason polls, because we all know how accurate they are.
          And my point is drawing any equivalency between two ties with UMD last season and getting swept by UNH this season is laughable. Your first two games last year were anything but a slow start. Getting swept by a bad UNH team is a VERY slow start. Sure, preseason expectations are often wrong but last season's results from the same squad, plus an underwhelming at best recruiting class are a good indicator that UNH is not a very good team.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

And my point is drawing any equivalency between two ties with UMD last season and getting swept by UNH this season is laughable. Your first two games last year were anything but a slow start. Getting swept by a bad UNH team is a VERY slow start. Sure, preseason expectations are often wrong but last season's results from the same squad, plus an underwhelming at best recruiting class are a good indicator that UNH is not a very good team.
            We are on the way to a 6 - 0 start. Check our thread.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

.....Bad enough to win 2 over you guys. 😉 Hey how do you think we felt over the past few years losing 8-0 8-2 and whatever else? Who knows how the rest of the season will go for the 'Cats but the addition of a couple of decent defensemen and more emphasis on not giving up the neutral zone might be indications UNH could be better than expected. We got offense from guys who stepped up. Frankly I predicted a Lowell sweep; no doubt you guys will rebound.

You know you'll reach the Garden and beyond heck we just want to do better than last season whatever that means. Carry on and see you sooner than later!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                To add a few more:

X: I hate WCRAP, why can't we put Bob on WUML
                Y: Man the post-game/pregame youtube videos the school puts out are putrid
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  .....Bad enough to win 2 over you guys. 😉 Hey how do you think we felt over the past few years losing 8-0 8-2 and whatever else? Who knows how the rest of the season will go for the 'Cats but the addition of a couple of decent defensemen and more emphasis on not giving up the neutral zone might be indications UNH could be better than expected. We got offense from guys who stepped up. Frankly I predicted a Lowell sweep; no doubt you guys will rebound.

You know you'll reach the Garden and beyond heck we just want to do better than last season whatever that means. Carry on and see you sooner than later!
                  Brassbonanza is a BU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    We plan on beating BU twice as well.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

There aren't many Comm Ave's in Durham last I checked, so it'd be odd that my Location tag was "back to" a street in Durham that doesn't exist.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Thanks...my correction.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Munch munch, how’s that lunch
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

River Hawks name captains for 2017-18 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              We are on the way to a 6 - 0 start. Check our thread.
                              And even if UNH does start 6-0, Umile's still not getting to 600 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Munch munch, how’s that lunch
                                Unfortunately it might not include nachos this season as the best stand at Tsongas the past couple of seasons, the nacho cart, was nowhere to be found last weekend.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X