Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 609

Thread: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

  1. #461
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    From Mike McNamara

    Lowell recruit Eriks Zohovs ('97 F) leaves the Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) and signs in the KHL with the HC Kunlun Red Stars, which will eliminate his NCAA eligibility.
    Good job mike someone knows

  2. #462

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    From Mike McNamara

    Lowell recruit Eriks Zohovs ('97 F) leaves the Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) and signs in the KHL with the HC Kunlun Red Stars, which will eliminate his NCAA eligibility.


  3. #463
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    8,962

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    From Mike McNamara

    Lowell recruit Eriks Zohovs ('97 F) leaves the Youngstown Phantoms (USHL) and signs in the KHL with the HC Kunlun Red Stars, which will eliminate his NCAA eligibility.
    That info is not completely accurate. He signed with the KRS junior team, which is in the MHL, not the KHL, and is only for players 20 years and younger. Yes, a lot of the MHL teams are affiliated with the KHL, but not all of them.

    Kunlun Red star is also the team that former UML defenseman Nick Schaus currently plays for.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  4. #464
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    713

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    That info is not completely accurate. He signed with the KRS junior team, which is in the MHL, not the KHL, and is only for players 20 years and younger. Yes, a lot of the MHL teams are affiliated with the KHL, but not all of them.

    Kunlun Red star is also the team that former UML defenseman Nick Schaus currently plays for.
    Did you see the press release from the Phantoms that boblav1 shared? I'm not going to pretend I know the particulars in this case, but since Mike and the Phantoms are saying he signed a KHL deal, I'm assuming he's signed a two way deal where he's currently assigned to the KRS Junior affiliate. Here's an example of a kid who played in the USPHL and signed a similar two way deal http://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/815416.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 12-26-2017 at 09:50 PM.

  5. #465
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    8,962

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    Did you see the press release from the Phantoms that boblav1 shared? I'm not going to pretend I know the particulars in this case, but since Mike and the Phantoms are saying he signed a KHL deal, I'm assuming he's signed a two way deal where he's currently assigned to the KRS Junior affiliate. Here's an example of a kid who played in the USPHL and signed a similar two way deal http://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/815416.
    Well, there's nothing official from the KHL team, and he's only played with the junior team so far.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  6. #466

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    That info is not completely accurate. He signed with the KRS junior team, which is in the MHL, not the KHL, and is only for players 20 years and younger. Yes, a lot of the MHL teams are affiliated with the KHL, but not all of them.

    Kunlun Red star is also the team that former UML defenseman Nick Schaus currently plays for.
    Boy what a roller coaster ride for Zohovs and the Hawks. He was in Lowell this past summer for the STH cookout getting ready for the season. Then questions about his eligibility appeared in the local paper and just before school started he's dropped from the roster and was off to the USHL. Then there was talk of him arriving in Lowell for the second semester. Now he's off to the MHL and based on the reports he's no longer NCAA eligible.

  7. #467

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    IT appears there will be a free video feed of the Lowell games this weekend. The Hawks will take on Harvard and then St Lawrence, both games start at 4:00 pm.
    https://portal.stretchinternet.com/vermont/

  8. #468
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,150

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Finally, hockey tonight!
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  9. #469
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    88

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    IT appears there will be a free video feed of the Lowell games this weekend. The Hawks will take on Harvard and then St Lawrence, both games start at 4:00 pm.
    https://portal.stretchinternet.com/vermont/
    This is exactly the news I was looking for thank you sir
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  10. #470
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Hampton, NH
    Posts
    118

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Hello Lowell hockey fans, I have been in contact with a tour group inquiring about a day trip to the Grand Canyon for those of you who are going out to Arizona in a couple of weeks. The price is $179 per person and includes a box lunch, Fees into the Park and unlimited Bottle water. It is about a four hour drive from Tempe with a couple of sight seeing spots along the way. We get to spend about three or so hours in the park being able to take pictures at different spots. We would be leaving between 6-7 in the morning and arriving home between 7:30 and 8:30pm. This would be on Thursday the 11th of January. If any one is interested please let me know asap so I can make the reservations. Hope many of you can join me. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!! P.S. YOU can contact me at beachockey@Comcast.net
    Last edited by Hockeyfan0862; 12-29-2017 at 03:11 PM.

  11. #471

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Only caught a few minutes of the game on the free video feed, it was nice to hear Bob Ellis with the play by play. How did the team look? How about Chris Schutz who was a +3? A nice win to start the second half.

  12. #472
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    3,822

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Only caught a few minutes of the game on the free video feed, it was nice to hear Bob Ellis with the play by play. How did the team look? How about Chris Schutz who was a +3? A nice win to start the second half.
    With regard to Schutz, the word I got was that "he had hustle."
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

    Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

    Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

  13. #473
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    8,962

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Only caught a few minutes of the game on the free video feed, it was nice to hear Bob Ellis with the play by play. How did the team look? How about Chris Schutz who was a +3? A nice win to start the second half.
    They played a fantastic 3rd period. Shots were 13-1 a little more than midway through the 3rd, and ended 14-2. The first was so-so, as you'd expect in the 1st game after break, and the 2nd was pretty good.

    Schutz never really stood out to me, but he was a +3, so obviously he was doing something right.

    The video feed was originally going to have no audio, but when Bob found out, he "volunteered" to let them use his audio.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  14. #474
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    88

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    I was flipping between Lowell and the WJC so my attention was not all there

    My one take away

    Passing looked a lot crisper as the game went along

    Still not sure how Dimo buried that one in the 3rd very nice finish by him

    Also anyone know why Lohin got the misconduct in the 2nd?
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

  15. #475
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28,806

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I was flipping between Lowell and the WJC so my attention was not all there

    My one take away

    Passing looked a lot crisper as the game went along

    Still not sure how Dimo buried that one in the 3rd very nice finish by him

    Also anyone know why Lohin got the misconduct in the 2nd?
    I forgot to ask. I wondered too.

    I loved having Bob on the feed except it kept buffering so I ended up just going with the radio feed which did that a bit less.

  16. #476
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    341

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    0 for 7 on the PP with a SHG against a 2 win team?

  17. #477
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    28,806

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    I believe the word is hideous

  18. #478
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    0 for 7 on the PP with a SHG against a 2 win team?
    Thsts the season in a nut shell

  19. #479

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    0 for 7 on the PP with a SHG against a 2 win team?
    That included a 5 minute PP in the 2nd period. I didn't see the game so I was wondering what happened. One step forward, one step back.

  20. #480
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mingya Valley
    Posts
    88

    Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Thsts the season in a nut shell
    Pretty much you never know what team is going to show up
    Tully Rink Rat & UML Class of 09

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •