UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    What is Jim Montgomery so salty about? They came out east this year to play BC/BU

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Went to PC for two last year also
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Back to "Let the other guy get it". Played like a bunch of wussies, especially our Captain.

Comment

I thought our Capt got clocked at one point. He looked like something happened and he was hurt? Agree with the lack of urgency. Some of that game looked like kids who didn't want to be at practice. Blech!

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          It never fails, you let a team hang around and you get burned in the end. Congratulations to Bentley on the win.

I thought the Hawks had finally figured out what it takes to be successful. The lack of urgency / killer instinct is frustrating. Where's the team leadership? Depending on how things go the rest of the way this loss could cost them in March.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...rtime-3-2.aspx
          Before this past weekend, Bentley was 1-7-3, near the bottom of Div 1 in goals scored and PK, and dead last at 60th in PWR. I thought that the Falcons played better last night than they have all season, and were without their top goal scorer (5) Jonathan Desbien. Bentley has a bizarre history of OOC wins against HEA teams. Good luck to the River Hawks the rest of the way. I am still pulling for UML and UNH to meet in the HEA final at the Garden.

Comment

Im disappointed with Hernberg's performance. He let in a couple of soft goals.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I thought our Capt got clocked at one point. He looked like something happened and he was hurt? Agree with the lack of urgency. Some of that game looked like kids who didn't want to be at practice. Blech!
              Yeah, he was holding his arm/wrist as he left the ice in the second. I was surprised he came back into the game.

They scored early, and pretty much seemed to assume that Bentley would quit. Good first period overall though, downhill after. 10 shots in the first, 9 in the second, 6 in the third ... what? Where's the push? Where's the want?

And this is exactly what I was afraid of for this game, because this really isn't anything new ... playing to a "lesser" team's level. Yuck. Bentley played twice this weekend, and yet we looked gassed.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Huge step backwards tonight. I said earlier I thought this team was in good shape, but now I am wondering if they will win 17-18 games. Given what we've seen, would anyone be surprised if they drop games against UMass and Arizona State?
                Don't forget AIC.

I was particularly disappointed to see the team go 0/5 on the PP tonight.
                It's like they take their foot off the gas when they get the PP. They had some good puck possession time but not enough shots. They need to move the puck and shoot quicker. The Bentley goalie played well but it wasn't like he stood on his head or stole this game. The Hawks made it pretty easy on him.

Lots of time off now to work on things before BU.
                Hopefully they can finish the first half strong against the Terriers. The game at Lowell will be on NESN.

Comment

We are at the point where I just want to see effort players... if that means playing a guy who would otherwise only see 1 or 2 games this year then do it
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    It's like they take their foot off the gas when they get the PP. They had some good puck possession time but not enough shots. They need to move the puck and shoot quicker. The Bentley goalie played well but it wasn't like he stood on his head or stole this game.
                    I completely agree, and I think overall they are not getting enough pucks to the net in all situations. I took a look and they are averaging only 26 SOG per game. Small sample, but that number seems lower than it should be. Some of the better Riverhawk teams in recent years would have had 30-40 SOG in a game like yesterday's IMO.

Comment

I completely agree, and I think overall they are not getting enough pucks to the net in all situations. I took a look and they are averaging only 26 SOG per game. Small sample, but that number seems lower than it should be. Some of the better Riverhawk teams in recent years would have had 30-40 SOG in a game like yesterday's IMO.
                      They averaged 30 or more SOG for most of the past 6 years:

SOG/Game

2011-12: 32.8
                      2012-13: 31.1
                      2013-14: 31.9
                      2014-15: 30.0
                      2015-16: 31.4
                      2016-17: 29.2
                      2017-18: 25.9
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

UMass Lowell will play on NESN on Dec. 8th vs. Boston U. and Jan. 26th vs. Boston College.

http://goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11...key-games.aspx

Comment

I really I wish I had something positive to say about last night
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                            I really I wish I had something positive to say about last night
                            It is now the next day.... (other than that....)

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              UMass Lowell will play on NESN on Dec. 8th vs. Boston U. and Jan. 26th vs. Boston College.

http://goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11...key-games.aspx
                              I saw today that the flagship is going have 5 games broadcast on NESN in the new year.

Comment

I saw today that the flagship is going have 5 games broadcast on NESN in the new year.
                                Maybe in 2018 they will win their first game of the calendar year before the September Exhibition.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X