No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Who gives a rats *** about the band
    When they are so off key - me. No one should have to listen to something like that unless they are a parent or relative of an elementary school player. (and love the kid enough to suffer). And then you hope they get better.
    Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Moi, for one. Year in year out the UML band is a joy to hear, regardless of the game quality. Plus, I get it, but an on going peeve is allowing the visitor's band to play in the home team's building during the playoffs. Screw that, the home team earned the right to have their band represent.
    Yup. Altho if it is a quality band it is cool to listen to them try to one up each other. (band geek here)

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Well it looked sparsely attended, why didn’t you just move seats if you were so butthurt?

The MC band has shown flashes of brilliance.
    Because- a) they are my season tix and b) the band was miked so they sucked thru out the arena. Even my kid, a student, was gacking across the ice. If they have showed flashes of brilliance it wasn't this weekend~ played right after our band which made the contrast painful in the extreme.

And man, did our band jam tonight! They were awesome. The soloists were something else! Yay band.

Comment

Kind of sucky of Lowell to sell season tickets on the away shooting side, and then sell two sections of Merrimack tickets right there too.

Comment

Kind of sucky of Lowell to sell season tickets on the away shooting side, and then sell two sections of Merrimack tickets right there too.
        I like to watch the bench. Been sitting there since they laid the first sheet of ice. Most of the time my section is filled with Lowell folk. Tonight the upper people weren't there but down lower the usual contingent of UML folk were there. When fans from the other team sit there it is usually civil. Fun to meet diff people over the yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          That OT loss to BC really started quite the spiral for you guys
          Yes, that was a tough one but for whatever reason things just didn't click for this team. It started with the very first game against UNH, inconsistent effort /compete levels all season long. Very frustrating but not a total surprise that Merrimack won the series the way the team has been playing. We've been waiting all season long for this team to put it together but it never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Yes, that was a tough one but for whatever reason things just didn't click for this team. It started with the very first game against UNH, inconsistent effort /compete levels all season long. Very frustrating but not a total surprise that Merrimack won the series the way the team has been playing. We've been waiting all season long for this team to put it together but it never happen.
            I don't think it sparked the spiral... i think it was just further evidence of the same
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

For the most part MC came to play all weekend. On Saturday night they seemed to pick things up right where they left off from Friday night. They out-hussled, out-hit, and out-played UML. MC had a terrific game plan and they executed. I lost count how many times they took away our bread/butter stretch pass. Mercifully our season came to an end. If we somehow won on Saturday and today, I did not like our chances against anybody we would have played next weekend.
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                They out-hussled, out-hit, and out-played UML. MC had a terrific game plan and they executed. I lost count how many times they took away our bread/butter stretch pass.
                That sums it up. The stretch pass was so predictable that MC defenders were jumping in front of Lowell player's and taking the puck the other way.

Comment

You can pick your exact seats for season tickets anywhere in the arena as long as they're not already taken/reserved or in the student section, so I'm not sure what the complaint is here.

Comment

I just want to say thank you to the seniors for everything they did for the program and the best of luck to them in the future. Although the season ended way too early this group achieved a great deal in their four years at UML.

Comment

Working...
                    X