UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I read all this and thought man, people are really thin skinned now. Would you seriously not tip a kid for making a comment in jest? It would be one thing if the person kept at it, was nasty and obnoxious but for one comment? I know BU is used to being part of the Chosen but sheesh. After all the BS that gets dished out when winning you have to be able to put a single comment into context when you lose.

THat kind of comment is supposed to be something that you laugh off. If you take it seriously then you have a long, painful road this yr.
    I wasn't saying how I personally would feel. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised by a bad tip if a server insults the customer's team. They're supposed to be polite, customer service, etc. That is just common sense. That's guy's bizarre, completely inaccurate comment about BU (following a 9-3 beat down, no less) is what led to my follow up comment.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      The Amherst fans did just that. And that's what BU Fan 84 also thought so not sure why you are making a comment about BU here.

Have fun to all of those traveling to Arizona this weekend. I've been to their home rink. It's....tiny. I think my high school's rink is bigger. At least there's plenty of parking. And of course, no snow. Which is the ultimate perk. I'm heading out there in two weeks when BU plays there. Curious to know what you think. Apparently there's supposed to be some news about a new home rink for them.
      I am home. mr les will have commentary I am sure

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      I wasn't saying how I personally would feel. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised by a bad tip if a server insults the customer's team. They're supposed to be polite, customer service, etc. That is just common sense. That's guy's bizarre, completely inaccurate comment about BU (following a 9-3 beat down, no less) is what led to my follow up comment.
      Missed the bizarre comment. I look at it more of a way to josh someone out of a bad mood when they had a loss. I guess I am from a different planet. We have enough experience at losing that something like that would make me crack up.

Comment

The Amherst fans did just that. And that's what BU Fan 84 also thought so not sure why you are making a comment about BU here.

Have fun to all of those traveling to Arizona this weekend. I've been to their home rink. It's....tiny. I think my high school's rink is bigger. At least there's plenty of parking. And of course, no snow. Which is the ultimate perk. I'm heading out there in two weeks when BU plays there. Curious to know what you think. Apparently there's supposed to be some news about a new home rink for them.
        Calling it tiny is just being polite. It is terrible. But right now it's about all we have. BU and Q'Piac at least get one game over at Gila. But that is not great either as it is a big empty NHL arena. The talks of the new arena have really been heating up. Started to pick up steam from some alums in Colorado that supposedly saw the photos of the building last month during the series with CC. Then the head coach made a mention on USCHO Live this week. Sounds like something is close. As a season ticket holder, it can't come soon enough! With that, hope the fans traveling out still enjoy themselves. It's awesome to have you guys out.

Comment

I guess your daughter's problems are genetic.
          If having brains, a strong work ethic and a sense of humor are "problems" then you're absolutely right. My daughter poked some fun at a hockey team and got stiffed for it. You called her rude and said she lacked class for it. I took a swipe at your school with standard "daddy's $" digs and by repeating gripes about your hockey team I pulled directly from regulars on the BU thread. You responded by saying my daughter has "problems" she inherited from me. Us: sarcastic smack talking about hockey we'd say to your face with a grin as we bought you a drink. You: mean spirited personal attacks that I GUARANTEE you wouldn't say to my face. Nice job being cowardly and vindictive just like the Amherst brats you're defending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
            Then the head coach made a mention on USCHO Live this week.
            I thought I saw it mentioned in your team’s thread that YOU were the head coach?

In all seriousness thanks for all of the info. I’m very much looking forward to making this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              I thought I saw it mentioned in your team’s thread that YOU were the head coach?

In all seriousness thanks for all of the info. I’m very much looking forward to making this trip.
              Ah, yes. There is some guy that has accused me regularly of being the coach. It is quite humorous. I even posted a photo of my wife and I from a tweet form Vegas to shut him up. We'll see if it works. I'm in section D, Row 2. Right in the middle of the row. Will be there with my daughter on Friday and not sure who will be with me Saturday. We are doing a blackout, so I will have a black ASU hockey sweatshirt on. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Enjoy the trip and best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I am home. mr les will have commentary I am sure
                Of all road trips not to go on!!! You should have insisted.

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                Calling it tiny is just being polite.

I found a few of my pictures I took when I was there two years ago. It's also very bright! <-- more politeness Agreed about the game at Gila River. Not sure if 1000 people in a cavernous NHL rink is any better than a crammed small campus rink. We'll get the best of both I hope. Crossing my fingers the weather here cooperates so we can fly out and back with no delays.

Comment

According to the Lowell Sun article the team flew out yesterday afternoon.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...om-arizona-two

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    If having brains, a strong work ethic and a sense of humor are "problems" then you're absolutely right. My daughter poked some fun at a hockey team and got stiffed for it. You called her rude and said she lacked class for it. I took a swipe at your school with standard "daddy's $" digs and by repeating gripes about your hockey team I pulled directly from regulars on the BU thread. You responded by saying my daughter has "problems" she inherited from me. Us: sarcastic smack talking about hockey we'd say to your face with a grin as we bought you a drink. You: mean spirited personal attacks that I GUARANTEE you wouldn't say to my face. Nice job being cowardly and vindictive just like the Amherst brats you're defending.
                    Haha, okay nutjob.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Careful now. Don't want to hurt someone's feelings!
                      He’s got them feelz down... everybody respects him! Pointing out h8ers left and right
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Haha, okay nutjob.
                        Did somebody’s trust fund run dry or are you just like this all the time?
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Of all road trips not to go on!!! You should have insisted.

I found a few of my pictures I took when I was there two years ago. It's also very bright! <-- more politeness Agreed about the game at Gila River. Not sure if 1000 people in a cavernous NHL rink is any better than a crammed small campus rink. We'll get the best of both I hope. Crossing my fingers the weather here cooperates so we can fly out and back with no delays.
                          I know. I thought my semester started this past week. And then it didn't. On the other hand the frozen pipe disaster would have been more of a nightmare if I wasn't home.

Haha, okay nutjob.
                          As an older alum this makes me kind of joyous. The fact that anyone from BU would bother to be a troll on our thread must mean we've made it to the big time? When we weren't any good no one bothered.

Comment

Haha, okay nutjob.
                            I guess your daughter's problems are genetic.
                            The personal attacks are strong in this one...
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              The personal attacks are strong in this one...
                              I am finding it kinda amusing. Everyone else has seen this for what it is. Social roadmaps should be a thing.

Comment

Safe travels to AZ! Current weather 68 degrees and sunny.

Comment

Working...
                                X