Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Are we really giving up on an 18 year old freshman goalie after one bad "game" (which was really only one bad period)? Come on now this is absurd. Ruck is going to start tonight as he would have no matter what Cayden did yesterday and hopefully we bounce back. I'm infinitely more concerned with the defense than I am with Primeau. Yeah they blocked a ton of shots but when they didn't block them (Shea on the wraparound, whoever defended the tap in to tie the game at 2, Tufto parting everybody, Williams living life laying on his stomach) what they left was a wide open scoring chance.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 10-21-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      Are we really giving up on an 18 year old freshman goalie after one bad "game" (which was really only one bad period)? ... I'm infinitely more concerned with the defense than I am with Primeau...
      Re Primeau: Not me...not for even a second.

Re Defense (which to me means more than just defensemen): Ditto. I'm just not seeing any kind of coherent defensive "system." And that has me concerned. Very.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
        Are we really giving up on an 18 year old freshman goalie after one bad "game" (which was really only one bad period)?
        I'm definitely not giving up on him to be a solid starter for us this year and more than that in the coming years. I would of, however, given up on his night last night after the 5th goal. It made it a one goal game with 11 minutes left and obviously still very winnable. Lets be honest, if Ruck started last night and had the same performance, we'd be yelling that JM didn't pull him and put in Primeau.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Need that secondary scoring tonight. Let's go Huskies!

Comment

Quinnipiac came out hot and Ruck helped keep the 0-0 game. Pretty even overall. 1-0 NU though so a good result so far.

Is it part of Quinnipiac's game plan to stir things up after the whistle? Multiple times this weekend they've tried only to end up on the penalty kill...

Comment

Kind of the opposite of last game. Quinnipiac with more possession. Ruck looks great and is keeping us in the lead.

2-1 NU. I won't be able to watch the 3rd, hopefully it's better than yesterday

Comment

• missed tonight's gm but just caught the boxscore.

sounds like a heartbreak.. hard fought close gm.

hopefully team played better. congrats to Q.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Thought the weekend was fairly evenly played. Sikura continues to impress, good luck the rest of the way.
                  Quinnipiac University '15
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                  ECAC Championship: 2016
                  NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                  Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

That was pathetic and a sorry performance and newsflash it wasn’t a hard fought game NU played well for 1 period and sucked in all other facets after he 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd period. I was there with many if the great players in the Alumni Club from the teams of the early 80’s and it was embarrassing performance to witness, while they were out shot 45 to perhaps 25. They deserved to lose and will continue to lose if they play like they did tonight. I saw absolutely no talent in any aspect of the game from the bench to the pipes. Prediction .500 like usual !

Comment

Oh so another typical NU season. Gotcha

Comment

Glad to see people are already giving up on a whole season after a whopping five games played. Good show.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Alex Whelan game winner secures weekend sweep over Northeastern

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-weekend.html
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Glad to see people are already giving up on a whole season after a whopping five games played. Good show.
                            ..long as the team doesn't give up on itself.. nobody's giving up on anything..

its us NU fans.. we'll be back like glutton for punishment, c'mon..
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

looking at some highlights.. can't blame ruck much on the ot winner.. gaudette blocks initial shot from point.. he does not get a clean clear.. .puck caught in his skate.
                              whelan for Q picks it up takes a whack at it & you can see ruck has eyes set .. tracking shot for easy save.. but .. shot hits streaking nu defender right upfront before it gets to ruck.. tough bounce..
                              puck sits there split second & whelan (credit to him).. comes in & finishes while ruck still trying to track initial shot. just tough puck luck. this was not like losing last night.

the bounces.. they're going to happen in the season. sometimes you on the short end, sometimes you get the puck luck.

forget it .. & onward to lowell.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I don't feel as badly after this loss as I did after last nights. Quinnipiac was the better team, imposing their style on NU much more than vice versa. Like others, I am concerned about team defense. While the game was much cleaner defensively than last nights there are still issues. #20 was culpable on the first two goals, on ice for 8 of the 9 Q'pac scores this weekend. 8, 9, 14 and 21 carry the offense but were also on for two goals tonight. Ruck was everything NU needed him to be tonight but on this occasion, his team let him down. Last night I said that I was concerned about this team being a one line offense. Hopefully that is only a problem until Christmas when Pecararo and Hawkins become eligible. 25 and 12 have roles but playing on the first and second lines aren't it. If you have Pecararo, Hawkins, 8, 9, 15, 17, 21, 28, that's almost three lines there. There should be no problem filling out a decent fourth line. With more depth up front, some work on the defense, this team could be tough in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X