Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

I, too, have been lucky enough to have seen all 5 Beanpot victories. As for this team, looking at the big picture, several players don't get noticed because it's so easy to get caught up in the 8/9/21/31/4 brilliance. I absolutely love the players Garrett Cecere and Trevor Owens have become. I got an extra kick out of Owen's goal last night. The growth in John Picking's game from last season to this one should not be taken for granted. Lincoln Griffin got to NU a year sooner than planned and had to fill a spot and did, scoring a goal in the HE semi against BC and continues to be a solid cog. Goldstein, Schultz, Schule, Hampton and the other 4th+ liners don't have it easy. Last night I was surprised to see Schultz dressed for the first time in awhile but he played just fine. I know we'd all like to see NU win HE and make noise in the NCAA. But to tell the truth, whatever happens for the rest of the season, last nights win makes it all good with me.

All Hail

Copied from dieharddogs.com:

In order to show the school the power of success, please take some time and donate a few dollars to the men's hockey team if you can afford it. It would be nice for them to see an uptick in donations over the next week.

There is a grass roots effort amongst some alumni on facebook for those who have not seen it yet.

Beanpot Challenge - get 500 alum/friends of hockey to donate $100 to program by Friday.

Donate to: https://giving.north...ens-hockey-fund

Select as an Honor gift and put in Beanpot 2018 as First name of honoree and Madigan as Last Name. Also after you enter credit card info under special instructions put in "In honor of the 2018 Beanpot Championship."
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    Copied from dieharddogs.com:

In order to show the school the power of success, please take some time and donate a few dollars to the men's hockey team if you can afford it. It would be nice for them to see an uptick in donations over the next week.

There is a grass roots effort amongst some alumni on facebook for those who have not seen it yet.

Beanpot Challenge - get 500 alum/friends of hockey to donate $100 to program by Friday.

Donate to: https://giving.north...ens-hockey-fund

Select as an Honor gift and put in Beanpot 2018 as First name of honoree and Madigan as Last Name. Also after you enter credit card info under special instructions put in "In honor of the 2018 Beanpot Championship."

got it. btw, i had trouble opening that link so you may just have to spell it all out, for it to work.

meanwhile, a ques.. why can't someone just use their real name & last name and still put in "In honor of 2018 Beanpot Championship" in the special instructions? I would think the school should know & acknowledge the donors as should Madigan & co.

edit: just read again (had late night ).. that name should be part of 'as honoree'.. got it. if you can post correct link, thank you.
    Last edited by northeastern; 02-13-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    I, too, have been lucky enough to have seen all 5 Beanpot victories. As for this team, looking at the big picture, several players don't get noticed because it's so easy to get caught up in the 8/9/21/31/4 brilliance. I absolutely love the players Garrett Cecere and Trevor Owens have become. I got an extra kick out of Owen's goal last night. The growth in John Picking's game from last season to this one should not be taken for granted. Lincoln Griffin got to NU a year sooner than planned and had to fill a spot and did, scoring a goal in the HE semi against BC and continues to be a solid cog. Goldstein, Schultz, Schule, Hampton and the other 4th+ liners don't have it easy. Last night I was surprised to see Schultz dressed for the first time in awhile but he played just fine. I know we'd all like to see NU win HE and make noise in the NCAA. But to tell the truth, whatever happens for the rest of the season, last nights win makes it all good with me.
    HEAR HEAR. I tweeted about it via the Blog twitter, but this was Schultz/Picking/Goldstein/Schule's best games while at NU. Causing turnovers, getting some chances in front, driving the puck into the BU zone deep- not to mention Schultz juking and causing a BU defenseman to splatter himself on the boards. These guys are the unsung heroes of the team with how consistent they've been. Picking and Lerario both wins some huge faceoffs as well.

Garrett Cecere has been the best transfer Madigan has brought in. He's calm, steady, and plays so much larger than his frame would seem to allow. He's the true under the radar gem of the defensive corps.

Trevor Owens has grown into a steady defenseman in his own right. I always love seniors scoring in their final beanpot, and for him to get the GWG, on an absolute snipe, and add an even better celebration skating towards the NU fans, he's forever put his name in NU lore, similar to Dustin Darou beating BC.

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    HEAR HEAR. I tweeted about it via the Blog twitter, but this was Schultz/Picking/Goldstein/Schule's best games while at NU. Causing turnovers, getting some chances in front, driving the puck into the BU zone deep- not to mention Schultz juking and causing a BU defenseman to splatter himself on the boards. These guys are the unsung heroes of the team with how consistent they've been. Picking and Lerario both wins some huge faceoffs as well.

Garrett Cecere has been the best transfer Madigan has brought in. He's calm, steady, and plays so much larger than his frame would seem to allow. He's the true under the radar gem of the defensive corps.

Trevor Owens has grown into a steady defenseman in his own right. I always love seniors scoring in their final beanpot, and for him to get the GWG, on an absolute snipe, and add an even better celebration skating towards the NU fans, he's forever put his name in NU lore, similar to Dustin Darou beating BC.
    Agree with you as to Cecere and Owens. Most of the offensive fire-power came from the first line, but the depth players on defense and offense were fun to watch this game, and won battles all night long. It was nice to see them rewarded with the game-winning goal.

With apologies to all for the multiple puns, a Jewish newspaper might describe the Game-Winning Goal as follows: "Goldstein goes to Schule for Owens' Cross-Bar Mitzvah."

(If you're not versed in Yiddish/Hebrew, ask a friend to explain.)

Brays Bayou FC / IV.18

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Links from any forum that abbreviates and where you try to copy only the text will do that (including this one). Always right-click on the link and select "copy link location" or "copy link" or "copy shortcut", rather than highlighting and copying the text.
    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Quote Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
    Links from any forum that abbreviates and where you try to copy only the text will do that (including this one). Always right-click on the link and select "copy link location" or "copy link" or "copy shortcut", rather than highlighting and copying the text.
    Craig P. cmon... shout out some love for the Huskies .. cause Notre Dame aint winning the Beanpot any time soon..

Jim is just a wonderful human being. When in his presser and asked what/who he thought of when the buzzer hit, he talked about George Makris and Jack Grinold and how much each of them meant to NU athletics and to him personally. Talked about how the team had a lot of good people looking down on them today. Just makes you realize how much he loves this school, the people associated with it, and how humble he is.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Jim is just a wonderful human being. When in his presser and asked what/who he thought of when the buzzer hit, he talked about George Makris and Jack Grinold and how much each of them meant to NU athletics and to him personally. Talked about how the team had a lot of good people looking down on them today. Just makes you realize how much he loves this school, the people associated with it, and how humble he is.

I was wrong about him. Have said this before, but will state it again.. he was/ is the right man for the job.

With the HE Championship in '16 & now this, thus far '18.. continued success to him, the program, our kids & the U.

All Hail

This!
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Zach Aston Reece with his NHL goals #1 & #2 tonight for Pittsburgh..

way to go & thx to the NU twitter feed for some nice video of it as well. Way to go ZAR!

Last night was one of the best sporting events that I have been present for. The atmosphere in the building was great, had to have been about 65-70% NU fans. Just awesome to finally see, I have been to the beanpot almost every years since 1986. So happy to finally see it, so happy for JM. I was one of the guys on this forum that defending him back in his early days. Nobody complaining about him anymore. Lets win so more!

My recap of the Beanpot, both the game and what the win means for the University beyond just a game. I'm very proud of how this came out. Hope you all enjoy http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...hip-1988-2018/
    "Never tell me the odds"

My recap of the Beanpot, both the game and what the win means for the University beyond just a game. I'm very proud of how this came out. Hope you all enjoy http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...hip-1988-2018/
    nicely done & thx for the videos as well.. icing on the cake.

Zar on playing alongside Sidney Crosby.. (plus getting assist from him).. pretty special.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/as...me/c-295961022

(thx to numhockey for the link)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Opposite Girl

I just want to say that I loved the photo your team's Twitter account posted with Jack Grinold's nameplate in front of the Beanpot. Nice touch.

Short week after emotional Beanpot Monday. Much like UConn, we are catching UVM playing some of their best hockey.

4pts would be ideal but 2 is more likely. Anything less & there goes our 'at large' NCAA bid. We have the players to get it done.. just need to play smart 5x5 hockey with everyone doing their job. Feels good knowing there is goalie back there that gives you chance, gm in gm out.

Hoping for strong wknd & hopefully Coaches have them ready to go. Go Huskies.. stretch run!

unrelated note.. this kid wahlstrom first commits to maine, then changes mind & commits to harvard.. now changing his mind again..
    too many cooks..
    GO NU HOCKEY

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    unrelated note.. this kid wahlstrom first commits to maine, then changes mind & commits to harvard.. now changing his mind again..
    too many cooks..
    Reports are he's going to either BU or BC. Kid must like Beanpot droughts
    "Never tell me the odds"

Thread Information