Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    How did you get Gaudette and Sikura away from BU and BC? They really missed out on those two.
    They don't stoop low enough to recruit in the OJHL. Come on, now...

As for the other, I can only assume it's because Northeastern is a safety school and much easier to get into given the comparatively subpar academic programs.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

I have only been able to catch pieces of the game in the 1st and 2nd so far, and haven't seen any goals. But we look like garbage

Comment

Agreed. Maine playing with purpose. PP looks pretty bad so far. Credit to Maine players for really creating a lot of confusion and not allowing NU to set up.
        On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
        If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

On that PPG, the Maine board is freaking out about home cooking, ignoring the fact that Holway cross checked Stevens 3-4 times causing him to fall into Swayman. Unreal.
          Maine defense- when out of position just check a guy from the chest up. Been happening all game.

Nice to see the powerplay click tonight. 3-2 almost halfway through the game. Not the goalie showdown we expected!

Also a 4 game point streak for Jozefek. Really nice to see him warming up. Secondary scoring is so important for this team to make a run. I wanna see that Williams slap shot a little more too!
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Welp, two goals since I posted.

That last one was close. Clearly Stevens was cross checked in the back twice, the second of which pushed him into Swayman. However, he did not try to get up as best he could, and it looked like he stayed down on purpose.

Are cross checks like that not penalties? Maybe it shouldn't have been a goal, I'd be mad if I were Maine, but I'd be mad as a NU fan if they'd have called it no goal.

Comment

On 2nd replay of the goal, it was so fast and it did look like Stevens tried to get up fast, I think it probably should have stood. Originally I was looking at the overhead slow mo view.

Comment

Thought that was more of a 2 minute penalty. Let's take what we got though, score on this 5 min pp and put it away

Comment

Maine getting frustrated. They've played well and aren't seeing results. I don't blame them. Some of the 50/50 calls didn't go their way this game.

Comment

Maine gooning it up at the end a bit. Hope we don't play them in the playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                      Maine gooning it up at the end a bit. Hope we don't play them in the playoffs
                      That's Maine. They goon it up every game I've seen NU play them in for the last 3-4 years. It's embarrassing at this point.

Not too keen on allowing that last powerplay goal but I thought NU controlled play the entire third period. All four lines looked good to me. The powerplay clicked. Primary and secondary scoring. A good win

This win is huge for Hockey East (now alone in first place) and pairwise implications. Good stuff from the Huskies. Now to focus on an upstart UMass team next weekend.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Don't look now, but I think we are in 1st place. Being at the game tonight and it being the 250th HE game I have attended I will say that fair and even some good teams, buckle under the stress of bad calls and great teams overcome them. However when a team losses it's composure, that is the sign of a poorly coached team, which is what I have suspected has perhaps been part of the problem at Maine under Red. It's a 4 PT weekend and a pretty important 4 points!
                        Last edited by RossiRules; 01-13-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Congratulations on a weekend sweep. The Huskies have some depth in addition to Sikura, Gaudette and Stevens. Excellent defensively and a top freshman goal tender. Maine has no discipline which is a reflection of their coaching. Good luck the rest of the way. I see this team doing well in the Hockey East tournament and postseason.

Comment

• first place in H.E. * ...**

will enjoy it while we can!* from what i heard* (& read)... not the best NU skated, but was enough. Especially the good start, tonight.

Too bad on the marginal calls, as i believe... these things even out over the season. Maine can get very physical & i have this hunch they'll be there at the Garden.

Coaches... pls work on the 5x3. From what i heard... we had full 2 min 5x3... not impressive & we need crisper passing; possibly more shots on net... just better set up in the zone. If we are fortunate enough to make the tourney... need all scenarios covered. Work in progress, but hopefully will get much better.. & needs to.

Having said all that, 4 pts against a hot Maine team... congrats to the Huskies & let's keep it going. Nice job!
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• ... oh & Umass just doublwd up on UVM tonight.
                              Hockey East, no easy gms... just play your full 60. Go NU
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

In don’t think Maine is as goonish as people are saying. I think that’s more frustration than anything. They did act up but let’s not label them as a terrible team. That team scares the hell
                                Out of me come playoff time. Hopefully they continue to get better as we need better HE teams. I’m all fairness they got robbed on a goal tonight and had some really bad calls. I love what Hawkins is doing and Larario is like a new player out there. We better enjoy this now because next years team is gonna be totally different.
                                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X