Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

for Jack Grinold...
    for NU fans past, present & future..
    for all the beans!

who knew #5 would be this hard!..

thank you team !

hopefully impetus for more good things... and slightly more often..

! yes !

All Hail

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

All is forgiven!!!!!!!

Victory Beers all around!!!!
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    H. L. Mencken

My story with quotes on why Adam Gaudette should be in Pyeongchang but...

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1337572

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    My story with quotes on why Adam Gaudette should be in Pyeongchang but...

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1337572
    as you said.. fortunately for Northeastern..

didnt think I'd see a Husky (this quick) after Kevin Roy, with a Beanpot hat-trick. Kevin's team brought us the Hockey East Championship couple yrs back..

this group helps bring the 'Pot back to Huntington Ave.. & perhaps more...

but for now, this is alright.

WOW! I went to the UCONN game on Friday night and was a bit worried after a lackluster 2 periods that ended in a 4-2 loss at home. So, I was worried about tonight. 10 minutes in, I was feeling that all to familiar early February blues would continue. Now this! I am so happy I saw it LIVE with my now grown sons and we were pretty on edge when they scored to make it 4 to 2 because no lead has been safe over the years, but not tonight. After the early softie at the post, CP was a rock between the pipes especially on those late BU PP's and really everybody did their job's in this game. AG is a beast. What can I say? 30 years ago I saw them win it and never thought it would take this long to win it again, but OMG it's so sweet to finally get it done. Cheers! Nice job boys. AG for the Hobey nod and let's finish strong with a HE championship and an NCAA bid. Also noteworthy JM really has had some choice words for lines 2 and 3 these past few weeks and I have to say when BU brought it they really did well to limit BU opportunities and played hard. Let's enjoy it but we still have other things to accomplish this season. So happy for The team, JM and the NU family around the globe!
    Last edited by RossiRules; 02-13-2018 at 04:23 AM.

Congrats on the well deserved Beanpot!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

For Jack and for Moose and for all Huskies fans far and wide. Congrats to the older fans who have stood by this team for so long. My 7 years since enrolling and then graduating pales in comparison to some of you. Y'all are the real die hard dogs.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Congrats on the BP! Now that you've got that monkey off your back, you can relax this weekend.

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Well done Huskies!!! Congratulations to you Northeastern fans!!! You've waited a long time so enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Congrats on the BP! Now that you've got that monkey off your back, you can relax this weekend.
    ..if the team hasn't come back down to earth some (and who could blame them).. i see a split or worse.
    always a fun place to play @uvm.. & now you guys are unbeaten in your last 7...

never gets easy. i hope team can get it together in time.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Congrats, it was great to witness the happiness of the team and their fans.

Veteran

To all the players and coaches, thanks for this historic Beanpot win! Its time to rejoice.

Release the Hounds

You were afraid to say so, but given the talent the Huskies have and the relatively underperforming seasons from the others, you wondered if they couldn't win it this year then when? The first ten minutes, as much as I appreciate the team being mentally stronger than in the past, they looked nervous. Man that second intermission was tough, I thought "either they're going to win this, or suffer an epic soul-crushing collapse." They ground out the minutes of that third period so well. You could tell that Quinn was getting frustrated over there, he had no answers. The only way they could get over this hump was for every phase of the game to be good, and they were. Every time I thought "make them pay on this power play" they did.

Two things that have impressed me so much during Madigan's tenure - one, the talent level on the team is so much better than 10 or 20 years ago. Back then this was a scrappy team that couldn't skate with BC or BU. Now look at them - they can not only play the same game but do it better. Secondly, I feel like they're so much stronger mentally going into games like these than 10 or 20 years ago. I have to think that having a coach who's been there and done that has some good effect. A credit to the coaching staff for building and preparing everything and everyone involved.
    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

super happy for all of you, congrats!!!!

FINALLY! Congrats guys!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Congrats on a great win. Your first line may be the best in college hockey. Gaudette is an absolute beast.

Congratulations! I'll always root for NotBU and NotBC in the beanpot.

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    For Jack and for Moose and for all Huskies fans far and wide. Congrats to the older fans who have stood by this team for so long. My 7 years since enrolling and then graduating pales in comparison to some of you. Y'all are the real die hard dogs.
    As one of those "older fans", I have had the pleasure of being present for all 5 (That's FIVE) Beanpot championships. While none will match the OT win vs. BC in 1980, Last night ended what had become a longer drought of 30 years.
    I thought I had reached a pleasant state of peace and contentment as I drove home, but I was soon to discover how cranked up I was. Left alone with my DVR, I had the bright idea that I should watch the game for the second time - you know, to capture some of the moments I might have missed at the Garden. By the time I got to sleep(?) it was nearly 3 AM. Today, I'm just a little bit more than worthless, but I'm still smiling.

By the time I expired, I had a greater appreciation of all of the effort and energy that was exerted by the "role players". The third and fourth lines and defense have combined to make us very hard to score on. In particular, the work of the 4th line, With John Picking picking the pockets of the bu D and setting up his linemates who forced Oettenger to make some terrific saves. I felt happy for guys like Theut who has stuck around for 4 years as a backup and has had to stay ready "just in case". The memory of having had the chance to hoist the "Pot" will stay with him for life. Others like D Garret Cecere, who although he has never scored a goal, has contributed by stopping or disrupting the opposing forwards and clearing the zone. He's not someone that other teams give much thought to, but they should have. He's under the radar. He should take pride in the shutout of BC and that bu managed just two (very greasy) goals over the last two games.

While the first line is our best since Martel, Huck and Sherlock (that reference is for you "Split-N), good teams need these role players to support the play of their stars. Like the linemen in football, they don't get much recognition, but they make it possible for the "skill" players to do what they do.
    Last edited by HHound; 02-13-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Thread Information