Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    I also think Gaudette has some young-Roy level puck hogging going on. The number of times he skates up the middle of the ice and shoots the puck directly into the defenseman in front of him or the goalie is way too high. Especially if he's out there with 9 and 21 rather than some of the other linemates he's had over the years.
    I forgive him.
    Yes, sometimes Adam plays like a winger, but he gives him game 110% and accomplishes more than three average players. He gets plenty of assists unlike Colton, UVM’s top scorer who has about 5 times as many goals as assists.

Comment

• #8 playing very smart thus far. his puck movement also much improved... & fun to watch. that is hallmark of a versatile player.

...and as these things go... just like that, rewarded with a beautiful shortie. way to go
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• good team effort tonight for most of the game & it showed. multiple scorers & assists and looked like they were having fun. nice to see!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• also... want to add, some excellent puck movement & hustle by the team tonight. they are going to need that & more nxt wknd when they play the very strong (resurgent) Maine squad... backstopped by excellent goaltending. The way you score on Swayman.. gotta make him move.

hoping we'll get 2 hard fought gms. Hopefully get rested, some good skates in nxt wk; then much like tonight... NU needs to set the tone Friday.
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Well my boys are gonna try. I know you are very superior. Possibly you can help teach my underlings. I mean you know an all as mainers we can take all help we can get. 🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Well my boys are gonna try. I know you are very superior. Possibly you can help teach my underlings. I mean you know an all as mainers we can take all help we can get. 🤣
              Blackbears are prob one of the best teams Huskies will face this season. You will be at the Garden & I said that in your thread when team wasnt doing that well early season and folks calling for Red's head.

Gonna be tough going for NU, as Terriers too found out last night. Just hoping they are up for the challenge, as hallmark of any good team... beat other good teams.

Go Huskies!
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Awesome offensive breakout last night. Obviously big night by the Big Three, the powerplay came back last night in a big way. Nice to see Hawkins get on the board, that slap shot was a thing of legend, we've been hearing about it and it's nice to finally see it. If that's what he is capable of, maybe he can be a major contributor in the middle 6. Also props to Lerario having points in consecutive games, easily the first time that has happened since he got here. Picking, Joz, Filipe, and Hampton all had multiple shots on goal too, so that's nice to see after we were talking about those lines not shooting enough.

Good win, held firm in the PWR. This next series with Maine has low-key become crucial. Maine has risen to 18th in the PWR, so this game matters for points as well as PWR in a big way.
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  Good win, held firm in the PWR. This next series with Maine has low-key become crucial. Maine has risen to 18th in the PWR, so this game matters for points as well as PWR in a big way.
                  ... not to mention, Maine unbeaten in their last 8 games & virtually unbeaten on the road. they have like one road loss all season... should be a good test.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• ex Husky Jamie Oleksiak with an absolute bomb to beat Rask tonight. making his presence felt in a Penguins uniform, after the Dallas trade.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• maine is @ brown tonight. hopefully someone from coaching staff/ team can get down to providence this evening & check them out... can only help.

yes... i think they are that good.

(edit: swayman may / may not see action tonight )
                      Last edited by northeastern; 01-08-2018, 11:15 AM.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Maine is @ Brown tonight. Hopefully someone from coaching staff/ team can get down to Providence this evening & check them out... can only help.

yes... i think they are that good.

(edit: Swayman may / may not see action tonight )
                        It's a safe bet that we'll be represented there. IIRC Jason Smith lives in Assonet, which is not far from Providence.

Maine is physically big and can score. Their special teams may be their Achilles heels. They lead the league in PIM per game, which is almost 3 minor penalties more than NU - which seems to be hot on the heels of UML in the race for the league's Lady Byng award. Maine is dead last in killing those penalties at ~ 73%. It would appear that Maine are much easier to score on when shorthanded. Their PP is mediocre (average) as is our PK.
                        This is the second "hot" team we've played in January. Unless Maine is going to pull an NU 2016-like revival, we should be able to handle them. We need to play and beat better teams if we are to be prepared for the playoffs in March.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                          It's a safe bet that we'll be represented there. IIRC Jason Smith lives in Assonet, which is not far from Providence.

Maine is physically big and can score. Their special teams may be their Achilles heels. They lead the league in PIM per game, which is almost 3 minor penalties more than NU - which seems to be hot on the heels of UML in the race for the league's Lady Byng award. Maine is dead last in killing those penalties at ~ 73%. It would appear that Maine are much easier to score on when shorthanded. Their PP is mediocre (average) as is our PK.
                          This is the second "hot" team we've played in January. Unless Maine is going to pull an NU 2016-like revival, we should be able to handle them. We need to play and beat better teams if we are to be prepared for the playoffs in March.
                          A large chunk of those PIM came from the series against Miami where there was quite a bit of "extracurricular activities". PK has been much better in the past 12 games but still an area needing improvement.
                          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

It appears we have a new AD. Official announcement tomorrow, but multiple outlets reporting that Oakland AD Jeff Konya is taking the NU job

Things I've seen on him: "Folks in Detroit refer to him as a "marketing genius"". "One of the 2016-2017 NACDA ADs of the year. Solid marketing success at a school of similar size academically and athletically." "Konya has helped immensely with OU's branding and brought in huge amounts of fundraising and booster money to the program"
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Tyler Madden won the first star and MVP for Team East in the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Kearney, NB. He scored the first goal and the game winner as the East came from behind to win 4-3. Madden played center and RW, won critical faceoffs and lived in the slot where his goals were scored.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                It appears we have a new AD. Official announcement tomorrow, but multiple outlets reporting that Oakland AD Jeff Konya is taking the NU job
                                If it is Konya, what is being said about him is encouraging but the real question for people on this forum is where does he stand in terms of supporting and encouraging hockey? At least he comes from a strong hockey area (Detroit) and IIRC there was a thread on here back in the summer about Oakland University looking into the feasibility of starting D1 men's and women's programs.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X