No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forecheck, penalty kill & power play all working for the Huskies thus far.. and its showing. Way to go.

Only thing.. its early.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• and the 5x5s working pretty darn well as well..
      NU 4 BC 0
      13 odd mins left in 2nd.. so, still plenty of time left i know.. but i like what i am seeing thus far.

Go Huskies
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

PP looking good. Top line back on track

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
          PP looking good. Top line back on track
          ..yes, also not often that Woll gets pulled.. so let's make something out of it & hoping they finish the 2nd & 3rd strong tonight. They've certainly been the better team thus far.. but we need 60 minutes. Go NU
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• big 3rd coming up.. we kinda let them back in this, with the unnecessary 5x3 penalty/ penalties. Just have to play a complete 20 mins.. & finish tonight. BC ain't just going to go away.

Go Huskies
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• how does Davies miss that breakaway.. with time.. and not get a decent shot off.. huge opportunity missed..
              still, i like their hustle thus far.. let's go team, finish strong!
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• 5-2 final.

apart from everything else noted.. loved the way our D played tonight.. (& Primeau as well)..*just overall nice response to/ from our last meeting.

Nicely done NU!
                Last edited by northeastern; 12-09-2017, 08:28 PM.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  how does Davies miss that breakaway.. with time.. and not get a decent shot off.. huge opportunity missed..
                  still, i like their hustle thus far.. let's go team, finish strong!
                  Give the guy a break. He got too close to the net. He's a defenseman. He not used to deking. He is used to being deked. Since his arrival last fall, he has been exactly as advertised.
                  The third period was a delight to watch. Playing with a lead isn't new to the Hounds. Maintaining that lead is something I'd like to see become a team specialty. Great win in a lot of ways.

Comment

Great team effort tonight and such an important win. Up to #13 in the PWR and 2 points back in HE with a game in hand. Things are good on Huntington Ave. right now
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Well in what was pretty much a nearly empty Conti Forum I watched NU play really great hockey for all but 50 or 55 minutes. Aside from a lapse at the end of the 2nd made possible by a couple of questionable minors that gave BC a 5 on 3 and left us with a gassed line, I think we were the better team. NU played really nearly textbook 3 zone hockey and overall smart play that displayed the many offensive talents of the arguably the best offensive player in the nation in DS and a pretty good darn good goalie between the pipes for NU. I don’t remember a season where we won 3 of 4 vs. BU and BC. Enjoying this! Nice job boyz, 2 more games before the break, let’s finish strong!

Comment

Also on the missed brake, I agree with HHound Davies was a little dogged when he snapped it and if you look the puck was not settled. My sons and I were right on that side of the play. Its never easy for a D man to make that brake, he had 2 steps and the BC player closed.

Comment

• empty rink or not (they did have bball earlier).. box was listed at 4200 odd.. agree, prob not that many actually there, but one end/ side def more filled than the (tv broadcasted) other.. attendance aside..

what impressed me most was this..

we had a fast start!..
                          that was great!

no catching up to others tonight..
                          bottle that up & make a habit of it 😊

edit: Davies played great all night, he is forgiven
                          Last edited by northeastern; 12-09-2017, 10:01 PM.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

It did snow last night if you didn't notice

Easy call for me to stay home

Comment

How bad was the hit where the bc player got a game misconduct and a 5 minute major?
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                                How bad was the hit where the bc player got a game misconduct and a 5 minute major?
                                https://twitter.com/NUHockeyBlog/sta...15776949092352

Comment

Working...
                                X