Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Gritty, gutty, greasy....name your adjective. Not exactly a highlight reel game but great teams somehow find ways of getting the job done when everything seems to be going south. So happy to see #17 with the GW. And kudos to Stefanos Lekkas--probably the best goaltender NU has faced so far this year.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Huge victory. Did not like all the in game line changes after a dominate first period, but they found a way to get it done in the end. Strong game from CP.

Comment

Vermont does such a good job of frustrating NU. They always play us tough and never make anything easy.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

What was the chant that got the Doghouse ejected?
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
            What was the chant that got the Doghouse ejected?
            An oldie but goodie. Usually done during the first PP of the game.
            Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
            NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
              An oldie but goodie. Usually done during the first PP of the game.
              B u k ... teamwork! That one?
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

I will take the HE points..it wasn't pretty but lets face it in years gone by this is the kind of game we lose by a goal or two and not win. I only watched the stream and you really can get a full feel for the speed of the play but let's just say way to go Huskies and keep at it. Confusing line changes but I think JM needs to feel it out with various combinations as we really have do much depth, but my thought is if it ain't broke don't fix it. One thing different for me and likely them is I actually watch the game thinking they could win from the puck drop. I can't remember when I had that feeling before or even if I ever did. However it feels pretty good. Granted it's not a very familiar feeling but hey...we can play with anyone and that's pretty nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                  B u k ... teamwork! That one?
                  Circle gets the square.
                  Doghouse Class of 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                    Circle gets the square.
                    I'll take anal bum covers for $1000, Alex.

Seriously, who the f is complaining?

Comment

In this day and age of political correctness run amok, the entire world seemingly must be brought to a screeching halt if even one person claims he/she is offended by just about anything. If what I've been hearing about what happened earlier tonight is anywhere near accurate, it will take years to recover any semblance of a student fanbase. The players and coaches who leave their blood, sweat, and tears on the ice/court deserve better.
                      Last edited by Split-N; 11-17-2017, 09:26 PM.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        In this day and age of political correctness run amok, the entire world seemingly must be brought to a screeching halt if even one person claims he/she is offended by just about anything. If what I've been hearing about what happened earlier tonight is anywhere near accurate, it will take years to recover any semblance of a student fanbase. The players and coaches who leave their blood, sweat, and tears on the ice/court deserve better.
                        Not to mention the 20 years of history, the thousands of dollars spent by the student leaders of the section from Justin all the way down to Ashley. Horns, signs, paint, chalk. The self promotion to build a fan base from 10 friends who were just goofing around to sold out student sections.

Personally I have travelled from Maine to Princton. Denver to Dayton. Hours upon hours crammed in a tiny jetta with 4 other guys.

This is just insulting and disgraceful on our athletic department to hide behind policy incorrectly because of the complaint of a single person.

I have never been a fan of this administration and have been counting down the days until this nightmare is finally over. And after tonight, that day cant come soon enough.
                        Doghouse Class of 2004

Comment

The story going around is mostly accurate. The only part that isn't is the notion it was based on a single spelling chant, it's evidently any and all of them.

Also as one of the many people between Justin and present who spent some of that money, yep. I don't think anybody would deny that they can be vulgar, but there's a gap bigger than the Grand Canyon between "vulgar" and things like "slur" or "Title IX violation". If the school really wanted to fight it they could but this isn't going about it remotely the right way.
                          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 11-18-2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            wow- looks like close friends and relatives in lower bowl tonight- college hockey has real attendance issues
                            On another note when can the Globe get the TV listings correct. This game was not even listed in events for tonight
                            However, the cape cod times had it- An ongoing issue I have mentioned to Globe
                            I noticed that too. Granted I can see why there isn’t much interest in Vermont coming to town as there isn’t much of a rivalry or a league leader coming to knock off.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              The level to which this is being taken is out of control. This is being considered a Title IX issue, claiming that since this offended someone it's in violation of the law/policy. Therefore, athletics claims it is over their head and they have no choice. However, there is definitely a level of pettiness involved about the DogHouse doing it even though they were asked not to. This is now going to be taken to the Title IX office and that's where this battle will continue. Hopefully it gets handled swiftly and they understand the absurdity of the situation.

Comment

[QUOTE=Split-N;6557088]Gritty, gutty, greasy....name your adjective. Not exactly a highlight reel game but great teams somehow find ways of getting the job done when everything seems to be going south. So happy to see #17 with the GW. And kudos to Stefanos Lekkas--probably the best goaltender NU has faced so far this year.[/Q
                                #17? I thought it was #4?

Comment

Working...
                                X