Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

CP played really really well last night. He was awesome in there.

Comment

Fun game last night. I believe Ruck's injury was inflicted by a Patrick Harper forearm/elbow shot. Ruck was strong in net until he pulled himself. Primeau came in and handled the situation with poise. Having Greenway and Tkachuk (my he's a dirty one) in his face on Terrier PP's didn't phase him a bit. Defense and Team defense worked hard all night to minimize BU's flurries. Forward lines seem to be sorting themselves out nicely. Picking and Hampton anchoring the 3rd and 4th lines admirably. Loved Hampton's goal last night. Hampton can make plays with the puck and he can make good hockey plays away from the puck, too. (For you older guys like me: Mark Lori-ish?) As for BU, this was my first viewing but I wasn't impressed. Plenty of talent, sure. 5 1st's, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's = almost half the team drafted in the first three rounds of the NHL Draft. More than a few BU posters have wondered if Quinn can coach the talent he collects.

Comment

Surely the end times are upon us. NU and UNH on top of the league, Lowell at the bottom, bu and PC somewhere in the middle, and everyone seemingly having goalie issues except the aforementioned NU and UNH.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• to #13. lucky 13?..
          well.. anyway, polls dont mean squat.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Also #13 in the USA Today/USA Hockey poll. (And bu heads up the "others receiving votes" category. The ratdogs ought to be snarling come Friday night.)
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Sikura now not headed to the pre-Olympic tournament and is "day-to-day" with an UBI. Feel awful for him. Hopefully it's truly day to day and he can be back soon.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

feel bad for him. Wonder how he picked it up. Hopefully not concussion related. They'll classify anything as an upper body injury these days.

Comment

• not that it makes losing Sikura for the wknd gms any easier..

http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/06/hock...ntact-penalty/
                  Last edited by northeastern; 11-07-2017, 07:43 AM.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Anyone have any more information on Sikura's injury? I haven't seen anything about it except on message boards

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    not that it makes losing Sikura for the wknd gms any easier..

http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/06/hock...ntact-penalty/
                    Was it Sikura who was hit? I couldn't tell from the bu broadcast and they didn't mention who the player was.

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                      Anyone have any more information on Sikura's injury? I haven't seen anything about it except on message boards

Was it Sikura who was hit? I couldn't tell from the bu broadcast and they didn't mention who the player was.
                      i am not sure if it was Sikura. was just mentioning that as we'd be without him for the wknd gms.
                      regardless & if it was him.. a speedy recovery for his upcoming trip.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

The player hit by Olsson was Lerario. Sikura's injury has been reported as a slash and upper body injury, so I'm thinking hand/wrist/arm?

Comment

• just went back a few posts & read that he is not headed on the trip... sorry o missed that; that is a bummer! get well soon, Ryan & Dylan.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Between the Olsson hit, Harper concussing Ruck and the slash on Sikura, I'd imagine this game on Friday is going to get pretty chippy. "We Want Blood Night" volume II in the Doghouse?

P.S. Still the only time I can remember a college player getting booed every time he touched the puck. What a great atmosphere that night...JVR was such a punk.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

That was one of my favorite games I ever attended, and one I always think back to with fond memories of being a student watching games.

Comment

Recap of the first game: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...s-down-bu-4-1/

Apparently student tickets are down to SRO only, and both the Dog and Donghouse have sold out. It's shaping up to be a good atmosphere. Hopefully the crowd and teams don't disappoint.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X