Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Nice bump in the poll to #15. Looking forward to the game against BU this weekend.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
      Nice bump in the poll to #15. Looking forward to the game against BU this weekend.
      ...And bu down to 12 in the USCHO poll (11 in the USA Today). Next two games will amount to de facto playoffs for both teams.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        ...And bu down to 12 in the USCHO poll (11 in the USA Today). Next two games will amount to de facto playoffs for both teams.
        I think bu has the ability to be good with their goaltender but they have been so inconsistent. NU should be able to go in there and get a win no doubt. I expect them to win.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
          I think bu has the ability to be good with their goaltender but they have been so inconsistent. NU should be able to go in there and get a win no doubt. I expect them to win.
          I appreciate your optimism. Its going to come down to special teams & goaltending i feel.

Bu will be looking to bounce back from the Providence gm (though.. ill repeat, they hung with Denver till the end). NU is comimg off a 4 pt wknd. Key is not to get too high, play with discipline & purpose and hopefully we'll see a great gm.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Yeah, no way can I expect a win here. Too early in the season to tell which team is better.

Would be disappointed with a loss of course, so let's see how it goes

Comment

Should be noted BU plays PC again Friday before the Saturday game at Agganis. Could be an advantage for our boys.

Lowell Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...-umass-lowell/

Comment

I've seen both teams play multiple times. In no way and I EXPECTING a win Saturday, but I do think that we CAN win. BU has been inconsistent, and NU has things to work out as well. But NU is arguably in better shape right now. But as long as the goaltender difference between the teams is as stark as it is, I won't ever say "I'm confident we are going to win," against BU or anybody
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Do we know if Sikura is indeed going to play on Saturday?

If he doesn't Saturday/when he doesn't the following weekend what do we do with the top 6? Maybe drop Nolan down and play him in Sikura's spot with 8 and 15. Or leave him with 28 and 17 and bring one of the revolving bottom 6 wingers up?
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I'd go with Jozefek/Stevens/Gaudette..... Filipe/Hampton/Solow on the top two lines in Sikura's absence. Bottom six Schultz/Picking/Schule and pick three from Lerario, Goldstein, Blackmon, Goldstein.

Comment

Sikura is playing Saturday. He will miss Nov 10 vs BU and Nov 11 @ Lowell. The team's twitter made that statement when he was announced for the Pre-Olympic team
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                        I'd go with Jozefek/Stevens/Gaudette..... Filipe/Hampton/Solow on the top two lines in Sikura's absence. Bottom six Schultz/Picking/Schule and pick three from Lerario, Goldstein, Blackmon, Goldstein.
                        I think you forgot Griffin, who seems to work well with Picking and Schule on the 3rd line. Schultz is a center who should be on the 4th between Goldstein and Goldstein (or Blackmun if our second Goldstein isn’t available :>} ).

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                          I think you forgot Griffin, who seems to work well with Picking and Schule on the 3rd line. Schultz is a center who should be on the 4th between Goldstein and Goldstein (or Blackmun if our second Goldstein isn’t available :>} ).
                          Yessir! I did forget Griffin. Definitely Griffin/Picking/Schule on #3.(And I said Goldstein TWICE? Yikes.) Fourth line candidates are Schults, Blackmun, Lerario, and Selanne. And Goldstein!
                          Last edited by PPGuru; 11-01-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Sikura rightly named October player of the month for HEA
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

I'd like to see Gaudette win it for November and Ruck win it for February. I'm not asking for too much, am I?

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                Sikura rightly named October player of the month for HEA
                                keep plugging away kid. nice job.😊
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X