Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    I don't feel as badly after this loss as I did after last nights...
    I do. The offense at least managed to put 41 shots on QPac Friday night and NU might well have won were it not for defense and goaltending issues. But QPac was so totally dominating on Saturday night that NU might well have been humiliated had not Ryan Ruck brought his A-game.

It pains me to have to say it but this team is a shambles defensively, and we should have seen it coming. RIT seemed to have had its way against NU for two periods plus the OT. The QPac series was very much a replay of what happened in Rochester though with a deeper team of more talented players.

The Kool-Aid we all drank a few weeks ago while listening to the pundits and reading the pre-season polls suddenly has an off-taste. It's certainly not too late to turn things around but another (characteristic?) slow start is the last thing this program needs.
    Last edited by Split-N; 10-23-2017, 07:53 AM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I'm actually more bummed about losing two home games to Q than the Yankees bottoming out in Houston. Defense is terrible but far from giving up. The same Sacred Heart team we up a couple of weeks ago did win one game at Notre Dame. At the same time, the same RIT team we tied, got blown out at home to RPI. Lowell has been disappointing to say the least but we have to pick up some points.
      Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
      —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Tough losses to take but no one is giving up. Just thoughts about an elite season were dashed...

Agree with what some posted here, the 2nd loss was a lot worse because we were outplayed.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          That was pathetic and a sorry performance and newsflash it wasn’t a hard fought game NU played well for 1 period and sucked in all other facets after he 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd period. I was there with many if the great players in the Alumni Club from the teams of the early 80’s and it was embarrassing performance to witness, while they were out shot 45 to perhaps 25. They deserved to lose and will continue to lose if they play like they did tonight. I saw absolutely no talent in any aspect of the game from the bench to the pipes. Prediction .500 like usual !
          Your opinion changes with the winds, kinda hard to take you seriously.

Comment

Fallon recapped the weekend here: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...by-quinnipiac/
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Lowell will be a good test after a series like Q. Similar ranked opponent; well coached.
              I agree in the review that couple key saves (especially in the 3rd) Friday, some defensive tightening & the outcome could have been a split or .. a win & a tie type wknd. Nevertheless, it did not happen. If there are adjustments & improvements to be made re the defensive end of things.. hopefully will bear some fruit starting with the Lowell series. Would be great to start league play on a strong note.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                That was pathetic and a sorry performance and newsflash it wasn’t a hard fought game NU played well for 1 period and sucked in all other facets after he 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd period. I was there with many if the great players in the Alumni Club from the teams of the early 80’s and it was embarrassing performance to witness, while they were out shot 45 to perhaps 25. They deserved to lose and will continue to lose if they play like they did tonight. I saw absolutely no talent in any aspect of the game from the bench to the pipes. Prediction .500 like usual !
                I see that you are back for another season of pretending that you are a "fan" who knows more than the coaches or the rest of the posters on this board..

I don't know why you were hanging with the players from the mid-late '80s on Saturday Night. Are you still pretending that you were one of their teammates? We know, despite your boasts, that you never played a minute for the NU Hockey team. Perhaps you sharpened their skates.

I can't speak for others, but I can say that I appreciate your not "adding" anything at all to our discussions during the entire off-season. Won't you please consider continuing those non-contributions during the next six months.

By the way, we had plenty of talent on the ice this weekend. The season is very young, and we competed well with a very strong program. Still, it's not too early for you to give up on the team. Please feel free, even encouraged, to post your "wisdom"/opinions on a bu or BC thread (until they throw you out!).

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  I see that you are back for another season of pretending that you are a "fan" who knows more than the coaches or the rest of the posters on this board..

I don't know why you were hanging with the players from the mid-late '80s on Saturday Night. Are you still pretending that you were one of their teammates? We know, despite your boasts, that you never played a minute for the NU Hockey team. Perhaps you sharpened their skates.

I can't speak for others, but I can say that I appreciate your not "adding" anything at all to our discussions during the entire off-season. Won't you please consider continuing those non-contributions during the next six months.

By the way, we had plenty of talent on the ice this weekend. The season is very young, and we competed well with a very strong program. Still, it's not too early for you to give up on the team. Please feel free, even encouraged, to post your "wisdom"/opinions on a bu or BC thread (until they throw you out!).

I don't know what to think about this guy, not sure on what his agenda is. A lot of the Madigan bashers have moved on, he appears to be a fair weather fan. When things are good he is happy, but then when maybe there is a down game he jumps off the wagon fast. he would be good at BU and BC, there people jump off and on all season.

Comment

• rossi is a bit harsh at times.. but calls it like he sees it. i dont always agree with him.. (dont always agree with many people, that's life ).. but his posts are entertaining.

after all, this is a hockey discussion forum. dont take him too seriously either on the up.. or the down.. & you'll be okay.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      rossi is a bit harsh at times.. but calls it like he sees it. i dont always agree with him.. (dont always agree with many people, that's life ).. but his posts are entertaining.

after all, this is a hockey discussion forum. dont take him too seriously either on the up.. or the down.. & you'll be okay.
                      Northeastern: Unlike you, who is a year round poster who shares well reasoned opinions and constructive ideas with the other diehards, this RossiRules character has been misrepresenting himself for years as a former player who rails about the coach, the players and anything else related to the program when we lose a game. When we win, he will usually grudgingly acknowledge it. He may complain that margin of victory was not as great as he would have expected. If this is a virtual chat room, he is the guy who attempts to suck the air out of it. Additionally, he has suggested that he is the largest employer of Coop students from DMSB. He is not that big, nor is he terribly charitable. Those who know me, understand that I am/was in a position to know. Rossi is not. I doubt that he ever calls the coach (who knows who he is) to better understand what is happening. He may be a bully. but he's not a complete fool!

Hopefully, Rossi reads this and gets the idea that I and others don't welcome here. We merely tolerate his intrusions. If he would really like to help the program, perhaps he can use his trolling skills to offer his harassment and misinformed notions to the season threads of our upcoming opponents. The Lowell, bu or BC people will quickly find a way to deal with him.

That's enough! I've wasted more of my valuable time on this subject than it deserves. Go Huskies! Go away Rossi!!!
                      Last edited by HHound; 10-23-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Meh....let's not get all roiled up about posts on a forum that--at the end of the day--is about a game. It seems to me that this place would get all too boring and predictable if everybody's posts reflected the same general mindset. I've never been a fan of groupthink.

My big qualm with Mr. Rossi's posts is his pathetic grammar and punctuation (or lack thereof), which sometimes makes it difficult to figure out what he's trying to get across. (Safe to say he wasn't an English major.)

But, to my way of thinking, anyone who cares enough about this program to take the time to post is entitled to express his/her thoughts, positive negative, or otherwise. And if you really want to see negative posts, visit some of the Power-5 football and hoops forums, where threats of grievous bodily harm are not unheard of.

It's a long season that has barely started and one that we all hope will last into April, so let's just buckle up and enjoy the ride--bumps and all.
                        Last edited by Split-N; 10-23-2017, 06:46 PM.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

He can have his opinion, I just think it is hard to take him seriously when he is all over the map. Plus he is always saying who he is with and what he is doing. Almost like trying to say listen to me I am important. I just kinda chuckle at it.

Comment

On to Lowell, after they were swept by UNH a couple weeks ago, I thought we might be getting them at the right time early in the season. This could still be true, since Norm always has them playing their best late in the year, but they've won 3 games in a row by a combined score of 13-3 since the 0-3 start. It will be weird seeing a Lowell team without Gambardella, Kapla, Smith and Zink but they still obviously have a lot of very good college players who are extremely well coached. My guess is we see a Ruck/Hernberg match-up on Friday. It's crazy Tyler Walll may have lost the job after 3 games, but Hernberg has been off-the-charts good since they made the switch. As much as I'd like to go back to Primeau, I think after both guy's performances last weekend, I think you have to go with Ruck. Hopefully someone seizes the job relatively soon so this isn't a question going into every weekend. Like others have said, this will be a good test, and a character revealing series, after 2 heart breakers last weekend. We seem to play pretty well at Tsongas normally, so I'll predict a weekend spilt, with both road teams winning.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I'd say its Ruck's net for the time being, but the leash will certainly be a short one. A split at the very least this weekend is a must, or we would most likely fall outside the top 20 and we all know from the past 2 years it can be hard to make up ground during the second semester. Taking 3 out of the next 5 (at least one against BU) would bump us up a few spots giving us a foundation to build off of heading into the grind of this first semester league schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
                                I'd say its Ruck's net for the time being, but the leash will certainly be a short one. A split at the very least this weekend is a must, or we would most likely fall outside the top 20 and we all know from the past 2 years it can be hard to make up ground during the second semester. Taking 3 out of the next 5 (at least one against BU) would bump us up a few spots giving us a foundation to build off of heading into the grind of this first semester league schedule.
                                I didn't see Friday night, bit sounds like Cayden laid an egg, but I think I would go back with him Friday. We know what Ruck is, now maybe Cayden will be the push to get a better Ruck, and it sounded like he played well Saturday night, but making the next jump they need Cayden to be the goalie that we were told we were getting. The only down I heard was that he is young and probably could have used another year in juniors

Comment

Working...
                                X