Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

and Oettinger for the WWF takedown of the year..
    hands down.
    Last edited by northeastern; 11-10-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Fitting finish.

Beanpot or Bust

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Nice third period. bu looked good to start, but once it was 4-1, they had nothing. Good defense in the 3rd with some nice PP and counter attacking goals.

Enjoyed every bit of this game online. Time for two games in person next week.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    H. L. Mencken

Beanpot or Bust

From the TV, the Huskies uniforms looked pretty ugly. How were they in person?

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    From the TV, the Huskies uniforms looked pretty ugly. How were they in person?
    While I always like to see those types of uniforms, I didn't like those specific ones that much. Wasn't a fan of the brown. I think they needed more green. Liked the font on the names, though they were tough to read.

See you in Lowell tomorrow night NU. Kinda wish the game was at Matthews as I could hit Conor Larkins for more tater tots smothered with chili and cheese like a couple weeks ago. But we'll be at the Worthen for pregame a few blocks from the Tsongas past City Hall on Worthen Street a few hours before the game tomorrow night, stop on by if you're coming up (note: Lowell Beer Works totally blows now and no one has really been going there before games since they remodeled, menu is horrible with few options and no burgers or anything so save your money and look elsewhere).
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

box says 4700 odd tix sold. not bad considering the attendance woes overall. Homecoming & all, we'll take it. Nice atmosphere & energy in the Doghouse as well tonight. Barn got going some.. great to see the fans, all around.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    box says 4700 odd tix sold. not bad considering the attendance woes overall. Homecoming & all, we'll take it. Nice atmosphere & energy in the Doghouse as well tonight. Barn got going some.. great to see the fans, all around.
    Funny how a full barn leads to quick starts...need more of that. Should be a similar crowd for BC next Saturday I'd imagine.

Saw it LIVE in a full barn with old profs, alumni and pals that stretch some 3 + decades and all I can say is if happiness were people, I would be China tonight! Awesome boyz! Best homecoming in decades! Also luv the freebie husky hats with the camouflage for Veteran's Day! Nice touch! The camo home uniforms are a one in done but I get it!
    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-10-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    If the reason 14 is out is what I heard it was, it's literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.
    Regardless of the reason, as one of the top 4 defenseman when you sit out for two big games against a cross-town rival and the offense does great scoring 10 goals and the defense plays great allowing only 2 goals, that is not good for you.

Maybe the coach won't notice.

One of the best doghouse crowds in years and hands down the most dominating NU win over a quality opponent I've seen in a long time. Not much more needs to be said. Enjoy it tonight, and repeat tomorrow versus Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    See you in Lowell tomorrow night NU. Kinda wish the game was at Matthews as I could hit Conor Larkins for more tater tots smothered with chili and cheese like a couple weeks ago. But we'll be at the Worthen for pregame a few blocks from the Tsongas past City Hall on Worthen Street a few hours before the game tomorrow night, stop on by if you're coming up (note: Lowell Beer Works totally blows now and no one has really been going there before games since they remodeled, menu is horrible with few options and no burgers or anything so save your money and look elsewhere).
    I'll be at the game. Maybe I'll pop into the Worthen too now that you recommended it.

Quote Originally Posted by scorer View Post
    Regardless of the reason, as one of the top 4 defenseman when you sit out for two big games against a cross-town rival and the offense does great scoring 10 goals and the defense plays great allowing only 2 goals, that is not good for you.

Maybe the coach won't notice.
    also, lets not forget... team got outshot, but Primeau was solid all gm. Nice W for the freshman & overall good response by him (last couple gms) after the Quinnipiac outing. Way to go

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    also, lets not forget... team got outshot, but Primeau was solid all gm. Nice W for the freshman & overall good response by him (last couple gms) after the Quinnipiac outing. Way to go

Primeau played very well and hopefully he will continue to improve as the season progresses. It a definite plus to have 2 goalies capable of starting or substituting as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by scorer View Post
    Primeau played very well and hopefully he will continue to improve as the season progresses. It a definite plus to have 2 goalies capable of starting or substituting as needed.
    +1

What a fantastic game overall. Couldn't ask for a better Homecoming game.

While I thought Primeau looked infinitely better than he did in his last appearance at Matthews, I thought the overall team defense was more responsible for keeping bu in check. Primeau had a couple big saves, but I thought he left a bunch of rebounds in dangerous spots. The defense was there and took care of them. Bu had very little net-front presence all game. The forwards were very active in the defensive zone and everyone was blocking shots. Good game for Primeau no doubt, but great game for the defense.

Another fun game. Six goals without Sikura in the lineup, defense worked hard, Primeau solid in the net. BU just doesn't look like a dangerous team. Was surprised to see Cockerill not dressed again. I had thought that last weeks benching was the Staff's response to his poor play the previous week. A second game makes me wonder if it is more than that. Are the lines for tonights game available yet?

all UML here in the 1st.. Huskies look winded. let's get something going team!

Beanpot or Bust

That was ugly. Thankfully it's 1-1. Regroup for the 2nd

Thread Information