Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

I'd be willing to force feed Filipe time on the line with 8 & 9. Drop 23 to the 4th line and put Jozefek with 21 & 28. The fun really begins when Hawkins and Pecararo are eligible. If 17 hasn't gotten going by then he could be a bottom line guy.

Comment

Don't hold your breath with Pecararo. Time will tell, but I've heard some rumblings about his situation not looking so bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
        Don't hold your breath with Pecararo. Time will tell, but I've heard some rumblings about his situation not looking so bright.
        I think I've heard this song before.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          I think I've heard this song before.
          It's probably not hoky, but sure sounds like a couple of the people in my sig
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            If someone wants to explain to me why Brandon Schultz, with his one assist this year, is playing on 8-9's wing and not Grant Jozefek, with his 5 goals and 4 assists and powerplay time and who apparently is relegated to 4th line duty, I'd be all ears. I'm baffled.
            It looks like JM is spreading out his talent to create a 4th line with some punch. He'll have two scorers and a mucker (13) on that line. On 12/16 when Hawkins is eligible (after completing his shafting by the NC$$ for transferring in September 2016 - but unable to register and start at NU until January 2017), he can be slotted into Schultz' spot or another place on the top three lines. Selanne's spot on the 4th line will be determined by whoever demonstrates that he is most capable of filling that role during the next two weeks.

As for Pecararo: I'll believe him when I see him. I'm told by someone, who should know, that he has the kind hockey skills that will help us. Practicing with the team for the past year + should have buffed the rust off his game. I have to wonder if he has matured enough to understand what he has to do to earn a place on a D1 team. If he is good to go, I'll be interested to know where he will fit in. With 8 & 9 ??

Comment

This is why we don't start Ryan Ruck. And instead of trying to get 4 scoring lines maybe we should try to get one and go from there. We haven't been able to score since BU.

Comment

Not a good 1st. Yikes.

Comment

• 3 g on 10 sog.. not a good night for goalie thus far.. of course, offense gotta give him some support the other end. ouch!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Possibly the worst game the team has played so far this season. Can't hit the net, too many drop passes/errant passes.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

that was ugly.

Congrats Gaudette for point #100 and Sikura on Hockey East goal #1 this year.

That's all the positives.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Possibly the worst game the team has played so far this season. Can't hit the net, too many drop passes/errant passes.
                        The only ones who may feel worse tonight are UML and it’s latest wunderkeeper Mr Hernberg. They outshot Bentley 27-13. They held Them to just 2 shots in p1 zero in p3. Unfortunately, 3 of the 13 found the net and they lost 3-2 in OT. AT HOME! Their fans must have handfuls of hair!

It sounded like Huska stole the game in the second and third periods. I say it “sounded” , because my feed was so broken that i was unable to see any of the five goals and found Greg Madden’s radio call to be easier on my ears and far more rational.
                        Tough on Lowell, but it doesn’t do a thing for the sting :>}
                        Last edited by HHound; 11-28-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Huska played a strong game but I'd stop short of saying that he stole the show (he was the announced third star). The offense has just seemed discombobulated ever since the bu beatdowns. Opponents have been clogging the middle and NU doesn't seem to have an answer for it. Passing hasn't been as precise as it was earlier in the year, which means pucks aren't getting to open men or are just being turned over. When a play does go right, pucks seem to take crazy bounces or goaltenders come up big. Just have to play your way out of it.

It's still only one-third of the way through but the pairwise is already looking scary.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            It's still only one-third of the way through but the pairwise is already looking scary.
                            Yup. Absolutely need 2 wins this weekend.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Recap of last night. It's not pretty

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-dylan-sikura/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                Recap of last night. It's not pretty

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-dylan-sikura/
                                .. good take.
                                also, why is it that we are having these slow first period starts..? Madigan for the 2nd or 3rd time in the last (as many) gms has begun by "first period they really took it to us.." "poor start.." "we were on our heels in the 1st.."

so I know they are trying to come back in these gms in the 2nd & 3rd periods.. but why the poor starts?
                                why arent they game ready to begin with?
                                4 pts or bust this wknd.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X