X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

win, lose or tie, the PP looks awful. work to be done
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

good to see them come back from 3 down to salvage a point / tie but slow starts hurt. night all
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

At least we didn’t lose. bu gets swept but they will probably still be in the top ten, what a joke.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Pretty meh tonight. RIT brought the intensity all night. Constantly breaking up the play when we had the puck and getting the counter attacks with lots of speed. They played well. Good game RIT.

We have a lot to work on. Felt like we never won a face off all night.

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
            ...Felt like we never won a face off all night.
            Some things just never change.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
              Pretty meh tonight. RIT brought the intensity all night. Constantly breaking up the play when we had the puck and getting the counter attacks with lots of speed. They played well. Good game RIT.

We have a lot to work on. Felt like we never won a face off all night.

Good game tonight until the very end! Hope for a return visit to Boston next year.

Have a good season!
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Just got back from the game. I thought it was important for NU to weather the first ten minutes and not give up a goal, since RIT was really psyched up. They did that, but the warning signs were there. NU defenders had a tough time all night dealing with rushes along the wing, and Primeau didn't seem really confident and in control between the pipes. Gave up some rebounds and some pucks that RIT was good at getting trailers into the slot to put on net. All of that combined to make their forays into the NU zone seem defensively calamitous.
                Second period: "Any time now, guys."
                NU spent too much time playing at a walking pace. That second RIT goal was one of the most 'Northeastern' plays I've ever seen, the clearance goes to that side, at the exact time the guy was getting out of the box.
                "GRRR Stop falling down!"
                Guys on both teams kept falling, and the puck seemed to move slowly. I wonder what was up with the ice. But overall it felt like the NU defenders were slow to react to things and a bit clutzy.
                Third period:
                "If the script was flipped and NU had blown a 3 goal lead, complete with a couple too many men on the ice penalties, we would've lost our minds."
                I'm stating the obvious - but Sikura controls the puck and moves so smoothly at this point in his college career. NU put a lot of shots on net, but RIT was still dangerous on counter-attacks. Thank you RIT for playing some Northeastern-friendly songs. 'Shipping Up to Boston' got us fired up. 'Stacey's Mom', an NU staple. And the Dogs scored just after that. Thanks for making us feel at home.
                I'll take the tie, coming back from 3 down, but they didn't have enough intensity tonight to win. It was a good experience for Primeau, but the kid is still a freshman and needs to build his game and his confidence.
                Me, my sister, and my brother-in-law are all NU grads, I was the only one of us to make the game. (My parents and my brother joined me tonight.) My other sister is an RIT grad so I'm familiar with their program and I've been to this homecoming event before. RIT has done a great job of building up their program the right way. The student and community support is there, the band is great, good luck in the future.
                There were but a token few of us Husky fans in the building but getting the tickets through NU meant we were grouped together. I don't often get to do Northeastern things with Northeastern people so that was a lot of fun. A couple of us were alums while the girl there is currently in the Dog House, glad to see some people showed up to help cheer on the team. (Anyone who's wearing an old Dog House banner as a scarf must be pretty closely involved there!) Good talking to you all.
                Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                  At least we didn’t lose. bu gets swept but they will probably still be in the top ten, what a joke.
                  Doubtful they squeezed by Q in OT....Harper in on all 3 goals.. lost 2 this weekend but all his top en,d players were sick. Quinn GQ is a single guy in late 40 s no kids. Thought to be a good coach without kids of your own
                  Doubtful

Comment

Just curious, what happened to Pecararo? I see he hasn't played in any games this year. Is he still ineligible or hurt?
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Just curious, what happened to Pecararo? I see he hasn't played in any games this year. Is he still ineligible or hurt?
                      Ineligible until second semester
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
                        Just got back from the game. I thought it was important for NU to weather the first ten minutes and not give up a goal, since RIT was really psyched up. They did that, but the warning signs were there. NU defenders had a tough time all night dealing with rushes along the wing, and Primeau didn't seem really confident and in control between the pipes. Gave up some rebounds and some pucks that RIT was good at getting trailers into the slot to put on net. All of that combined to make their forays into the NU zone seem defensively calamitous.
                        Second period: "Any time now, guys."
                        NU spent too much time playing at a walking pace. That second RIT goal was one of the most 'Northeastern' plays I've ever seen, the clearance goes to that side, at the exact time the guy was getting out of the box.
                        "GRRR Stop falling down!"
                        Guys on both teams kept falling, and the puck seemed to move slowly. I wonder what was up with the ice. But overall it felt like the NU defenders were slow to react to things and a bit clutzy.
                        Third period:
                        "If the script was flipped and NU had blown a 3 goal lead, complete with a couple too many men on the ice penalties, we would've lost our minds."
                        I'm stating the obvious - but Sikura controls the puck and moves so smoothly at this point in his college career. NU put a lot of shots on net, but RIT was still dangerous on counter-attacks. Thank you RIT for playing some Northeastern-friendly songs. 'Shipping Up to Boston' got us fired up. 'Stacey's Mom', an NU staple. And the Dogs scored just after that. Thanks for making us feel at home.
                        I'll take the tie, coming back from 3 down, but they didn't have enough intensity tonight to win. It was a good experience for Primeau, but the kid is still a freshman and needs to build his game and his confidence.
                        Me, my sister, and my brother-in-law are all NU grads, I was the only one of us to make the game. (My parents and my brother joined me tonight.) My other sister is an RIT grad so I'm familiar with their program and I've been to this homecoming event before. RIT has done a great job of building up their program the right way. The student and community support is there, the band is great, good luck in the future.
                        There were but a token few of us Husky fans in the building but getting the tickets through NU meant we were grouped together. I don't often get to do Northeastern things with Northeastern people so that was a lot of fun. A couple of us were alums while the girl there is currently in the Dog House, glad to see some people showed up to help cheer on the team. (Anyone who's wearing an old Dog House banner as a scarf must be pretty closely involved there!) Good talking to you all.

nice post. thank you for taking the time to write it. Go NU
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          Ineligible until second semester
                          That sucks. I really hoped he would have a lot of success at Northeastern(except for against Maine.) I wonder what the longest anyone has ever had between games in college hockey? When he finally gets on the ice it will be close to three years.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            That sucks. I really hoped he would have a lot of success at Northeastern(except for against Maine.) I wonder what the longest anyone has ever had between games in college hockey? When he finally gets on the ice it will be close to three years.
                            I hope Pec is in shape. I don’t know if he has been allowed to practice with the team.
                            The possibility still exists that we will have Brandon Hawkins available. He is a RW who scored 29 goals in two seasons at Bowling Green. The school has appealed tto make him immediately eligible as it is more than one year since he left BG. He’ll be eligible after Christmas at the latest. I hope he can also backcheck!

Comment

Blog recap of the game with analysis from The Revengeance: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...-northeastern/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

This was one of those ties that felt like a loss although I came away impressed by Primeau's play (especially in the OT) while the shot attempts (not just SOG) was lopsided in favor of NU. Once again, NU ran into a hot goalie and couldn't seem to finish around the net (sound familiar)? Also, RIT elected to play a close-checking game that seemed to throw the offensive timing off.

The defensive side of things looked kind of helter-skelter and it didn't help that Cockerill got turned twice. Things need to tighten up defensively, IMO
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X