Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    NU needs to play strong every night. No let ups. Our schedule isn't exactly great the rest of the way.. To maintain our RPI where it is, we'd need to go something like 8-3-3 the rest of the way in the regular season, everything else remaining the same.

Big series. It's at home, let's make it tough for Maine to play.
    Merrimack fan here. Please sweep Maine. No way MC will catch NU, but Maine remains in sight.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      One thing I've noticed for a few years now is that most of Maine's goals come on the counter. It's rare to see them have the puck in the zone for very long and score unless it is on the PP. For someone who likely hasn't watched Maine very much this year it was a decent preview.
      Thanks! I fully understand numbers don't always tell the whole story but for an audience that doesn't watch opponents on a regular basis I find it gives a good sense of what to expect.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

College Hockey Ranked has a cool feature that lets you project out the likelihood of being at various pairwise positions based on your results. It looks like we need 3 points this weekend to stay in the top 13. We've been skating by lately (tie at MC, narrow win against AIC, 3 points against Bentley) so it's time to make some moves.

Comment

I'll say it again... Swayman's not easy to score on. Unless you make him move... (which means moving the puck)... he doesn't give you a whole lot.
          Make him move & you've got your chance.

Here's hoping NU plays it smart. This ain't no Bentley or AIC match up (with due respect to those teams).
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            I'll say it again... Swayman's not easy to score on. Unless you make him move... (which means moving the puck)... he doesn't give you a whole lot.
            Make him move & you've got your chance.

Here's hoping NU plays it smart. This ain't no Bentley or AIC match up (with due respect to those teams).
            I think a split would make both teams reasonably happy. It should be a fun series between two decent teams.

Random thought, the Pats run started on a Saturday night when Maine and Northeastern were playing. Could it end the same way?
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I think a split would make both teams reasonably happy. It should be a fun series between two decent teams.

Random thought, the Pats run started on a Saturday night when Maine and Northeastern were playing. Could it end the same way?
              The USCHO-Hockey East maven bloggers have spoken. Connolly has us splitting a pair of 3-1 games, While Hendrickson expect Maine to sweep. Both expect us to lose tonight. I suppose they are entitled to their misguided, poorly considered opinions.

Comment

We skate at Matthews fairly often, but tonight is my first game seeing Northeastern play at home - because our boys are featured in the Squirt intermission scrimmage! Black Bears vs. Huskies, right? Should be fun, and maybe the Crimson will have a good night without us.

Comment

Cockerill update

https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/te...ryout-contract

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    good for him. hopefully at some point (if feasible), would be good if he could button up his education as well.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• in other news... with the up & down weather forecast for Sat with the flash freeze and what not... tomorrow's 5pm NU- Maine game will be aired live on cable, on Nesn Plus for what its worth.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• ... and congrats to the women's team for beating a very strong, highly ranked BC squad today, 4-2.
                        Whether they sweep the Eagles with another W tomorrow or not, this a good win for the program.

Men' hockey... your turn. let's go Huskies!
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Key to this series will be the goaltending, "IF" Swayman is Maine's best player each night then Maine can pull a sweep but more likely a split is what will happen.

Comment

• all Maine early... jump in their step.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              all Maine early... jump in their step.
                              and down a man again.. 2nd penalty in first 9 mins. Coaches got to get them ready for these... not looking great, early. and just like that 0-1
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• we dont have a shot on net.. Maine's got close to 10...

hopefully settle things & figure things out, otherwise long night upcoming.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X