Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
    He got tossed because as I was informed by someone with vast knowledge of the rule book, intentional or not, contact to the head (not sure if it is just for goalies) is an automatic major.
    It's not just for goalies, it's for everyone. It's supposed to take the subjectivity of intent out of the officials hands.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

The greedy part of me was a little bummed they didn't get the win last night, but overall taking 2 of 3 from Lowell and both from bu 3 weekends in a row, two of the presumptive top teams in the conference, I can't complain about that. As Madigan said they're still a work in progress and I think last night showed that a bit.
      Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
        The greedy part of me was a little bummed they didn't get the win last night, but overall taking 2 of 3 from Lowell and both from bu 3 weekends in a row, two of the presumptive top teams in the conference, I can't complain about that. As Madigan said they're still a work in progress and I think last night showed that a bit.
        BC is a work in progress too and looking forward to the weekend matchup.

We have no snipers like NU but the team is starting to play well and on top in Hockey East despite a brutal OCC record 🍟🍕🌭

Want to see if BC can matchup with NU this year despite their shortcomings on offense
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
          Wasn't able to watch last night but this is my 2 cents as well. Sounds like Lowell outplayed NU and NU just didn't show up well. Hope Primeau is ok. 4 out of 5 from Lowell and BU, locking down 8 points before getting into the weaker part of the schedule (which starts after this next weekend IMO) is huge.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• forget about BC for a moment.. we have Vermont first, which is a feisty team & will be looking for points after their loss to the Eagles. Friday first. Go Huskies
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I like it. Good theme for both the team and fan base to carry through the week. #FridayFirst
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                Lowell a bit lucky with goals 3 and 4 but we didn't play well enough to win. Can't win em all
                Losing the faceoff battles (-14) didn't help.

Comment

Not really too worked up over that loss. Lowell plays tough and it appears NU fired a ton of shots in PD 2 and only had one score to show for it. The third goal was a softie but we've seen worse. Game 3 for Garret Cockerill not dressing. Two calls on Lowell for hitting Primeau. Was that a strategy all night?

Comment

• just tells me that while Primeau is playing better (as he did Fri).. would be good to get a tandem going as I dont think Ruck lets in goal #3 Saturday.. i mean, Cayden is a freshman and slow & steadily easing him into HE play might be the better strategy versus back to back just yet. He is certainly playing better but that 3rd goal was eerily reminiscent of the Q gm; so work to be done.
                    Hope Ruck is feeling better & can see some action soon. Perhaps they each get a gm this wknd.. would be the ideal way to go if Ryan is healthy.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hearing from a reliable source that, barring any unforeseen complication, Ruck should be good to go this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Hearing from a reliable source that, barring any unforeseen complication, Ruck should be good to go this week.
                        that is great to hear, thx.
                        any update on Sikura? We could def use him as well versus 2 hungry teams.

edit: he was def missed in the last lowell gm.
                        Last edited by northeastern; 11-13-2017, 08:32 AM.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Up to12 in the USCHO poll. Good weekend against UVM and BC should propel us into top 10 consideration. UVM is a very winnable game, and to be honest we should win it. BC stacks up as a closer match, but given their scoring woes I think NU should be favored. Will have a preview of both teams in a few days.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• I see BC as a young, talented team (much like the Terriers were/ are).. & I am hoping the team can handle that to an extent. BC teams always have good team speed.

The Vermont team (my opinion), is/ will be the more dangerous, feisty bunch. It is critical we play 60 minutes & not take them for granted at all.
                            Go Huskies
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Up to12 in the USCHO poll. Good weekend against UVM and BC should propel us into top 10 consideration. UVM is a very winnable game, and to be honest we should win it. BC stacks up as a closer match, but given their scoring woes I think NU should be favored. Will have a preview of both teams in a few days.
                              These polls really aren't exactly fake news, but they are headed that way.

Incidentally, The UML announcer kept commenting about how Cayden was recovering from a concussion he got a week ago. Now that was fake news. His team was doing its best to see that he got another. Perhaps these cheapshots should be rewarded with at least 5 minutes of contemplation in the sinbin without the possibility of parole. A second goalie interference penalty by any member of the same team might earn both 5 minutes and a game misconduct. We protect vulnerable QBs. Why not give serious protection to Goaltenders?

Comment

• NU is now the highest ranked Beanpot team...when's the last time that's happened?
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X