Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

forget about BC for a moment.. we have Vermont first, which is a feisty team & will be looking for points after their loss to the Eagles. Friday first. Go Huskies

All Hail

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

I like it. Good theme for both the team and fan base to carry through the week. #FridayFirst
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    Lowell a bit lucky with goals 3 and 4 but we didn't play well enough to win. Can't win em all
    Losing the faceoff battles (-14) didn't help.

Not really too worked up over that loss. Lowell plays tough and it appears NU fired a ton of shots in PD 2 and only had one score to show for it. The third goal was a softie but we've seen worse. Game 3 for Garret Cockerill not dressing. Two calls on Lowell for hitting Primeau. Was that a strategy all night?

just tells me that while Primeau is playing better (as he did Fri).. would be good to get a tandem going as I dont think Ruck lets in goal #3 Saturday.. i mean, Cayden is a freshman and slow & steadily easing him into HE play might be the better strategy versus back to back just yet. He is certainly playing better but that 3rd goal was eerily reminiscent of the Q gm; so work to be done.
    Hope Ruck is feeling better & can see some action soon. Perhaps they each get a gm this wknd.. would be the ideal way to go if Ryan is healthy.

All Hail

Hearing from a reliable source that, barring any unforeseen complication, Ruck should be good to go this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    Hearing from a reliable source that, barring any unforeseen complication, Ruck should be good to go this week.
    that is great to hear, thx.
    any update on Sikura? We could def use him as well versus 2 hungry teams.

edit: he was def missed in the last lowell gm.
    Last edited by northeastern; 11-13-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Up to12 in the USCHO poll. Good weekend against UVM and BC should propel us into top 10 consideration. UVM is a very winnable game, and to be honest we should win it. BC stacks up as a closer match, but given their scoring woes I think NU should be favored. Will have a preview of both teams in a few days.

I see BC as a young, talented team (much like the Terriers were/ are).. & I am hoping the team can handle that to an extent. BC teams always have good team speed.

The Vermont team (my opinion), is/ will be the more dangerous, feisty bunch. It is critical we play 60 minutes & not take them for granted at all.
    Go Huskies

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Up to12 in the USCHO poll. Good weekend against UVM and BC should propel us into top 10 consideration. UVM is a very winnable game, and to be honest we should win it. BC stacks up as a closer match, but given their scoring woes I think NU should be favored. Will have a preview of both teams in a few days.
    These polls really aren't exactly fake news, but they are headed that way.

Incidentally, The UML announcer kept commenting about how Cayden was recovering from a concussion he got a week ago. Now that was fake news. His team was doing its best to see that he got another. Perhaps these cheapshots should be rewarded with at least 5 minutes of contemplation in the sinbin without the possibility of parole. A second goalie interference penalty by any member of the same team might earn both 5 minutes and a game misconduct. We protect vulnerable QBs. Why not give serious protection to Goaltenders?

NU is now the highest ranked Beanpot team...when's the last time that's happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    NU is now the highest ranked Beanpot team...when's the last time that's happened?
    .. the silence is very telling

hope they can live up to it.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Puck daddy wrote about us, looking at the season so far through both a simple and advanced stats view. Great read.

https://t.co/Ppva4XfDU1

Like him, I feel if we get a goaltending tandem going... or even if one gets hot (and we have 2 that are very capable of going on a run, finger crossed no more injuries).. can hopefully make some noise not just now but late season & after as well.

thx for posting, good read.
    GO NU HOCKEY

Broken Glass

Any injury reports?

Through trusted sources I hear Ruck, Sikura and Cockerill will be back this weekend. Nice to get all 3 back for a big weekend with 4 points up for grabs, 2 of which will be against a hot BC team riding a 5 game win streak. It helps we will have them on Saturday after they travel to UNH to play on Friday. Hopefully the boys are ready and don't look past Vermont and take back some momentum Friday night. I am interested to see who gets the start, but feel like Jim will give each RR and CP a start this weekend unless someone really shines Friday night.

that is great to hear on all of them. Believe me, we will need them vs UVM. Hopefully get things going Fri & into Sat on a positive note. GO NU

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
    Through trusted sources I hear Ruck, Sikura and Cockerill will be back this weekend. Nice to get all 3 back for a big weekend with 4 points up for grabs, 2 of which will be against a hot BC team riding a 5 game win streak. It helps we will have them on Saturday after they travel to UNH to play on Friday. Hopefully the boys are ready and don't look past Vermont and take back some momentum Friday night. I am interested to see who gets the start, but feel like Jim will give each RR and CP a start this weekend unless someone really shines Friday night.
    I wonder if BC is thinking that they are fortunate that NU has to play UVM on Friday night. Forget their record, I can't remember the last easy game we had against them. If we are rested for BC, it might mean that we blew a tire vs. the Cats. If this Huskie team is truly different from those of the past, they will find a way to put UVM away early. If they do, the 4th line can get regular shifts and lessen the ice time of the other lines.

I also expect/hope Sikura back. Ruck has to be in tip-top shape given the demands of his position. I really don't have an idea of what kept Cockerill out for the past three games. and for some reason, I felt reluctant to probe. I thought Carrabino filled in ably for him. The only things missing were #14's offense (and his special brand? of defense).

Cecere is my early candidate for Unsung Hero. He seems to have thrived since he transferred in, but I don't think his efforts and accomplishments have been recognized - yet.

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Cecere's always been solid since his first game here, but it was on the third pairing which is always kind of limiting as far as seeing what someone has. But the fact that, unless he's one of the very odd few defensemen who actually prefers to play on his backhand, he's now doing it in the top four while playing on the right side every single shift is nothing short of amazing to me. We've had a long list of "Meh" transfers which probably includes every single one dating back to Saponari (Maybe Snydeman?) but he turned out to be a fantastic pickup.

Beanpot or Bust

Lowell's Master suspended. Glad we don't have to play them again. Can't afford more injuries this season.

http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/13/hock...owells-master/

edit: looks like this was talked about on the Lowell thread already....moving on...
    Last edited by njdevscup30; 11-14-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Thread Information