Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

I guess the old saying, "Win and they will come" still holds some validity in this age of FANG (Facebook/Amazon/Netflix/Google) that gives today's student generation plenty of reasons to stay home instead of trekking to a sports arena.

Sweep bu and showing up at hockey games might actually become a "thing" again.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      I guess the old saying, "Win and they will come" still holds some validity in this age of FANG (Facebook/Amazon/Netflix/Google) that gives today's student generation plenty of reasons to stay home instead of trekking to a sports arena.

Sweep bu and showing up at hockey games might actually become a "thing" again.
      I would almost guarantee the attendance boost is more related to homecoming than the record of the team at this stage. Homecoming always has a good turnout no matter how poor the record it (and it has been pretty poor around homecoming lately)
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        I would almost guarantee the attendance boost is more related to homecoming than the record of the team at this stage. Homecoming always has a good turnout no matter how poor the record it (and it has been pretty poor around homecoming lately)
        Good point. I hadn't made the homecoming connection but the prospect of a full barn (or close to it) would seem to exceed even homecoming expectations. Latest email I've received says that "only a limited amount of tickets remain." Speaking of emails, I'm also perceiving a step-up in communications from the Athletics Dept., which is something many of us have been advocating for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          Good point. I hadn't made the homecoming connection but the prospect of a full barn (or close to it) would seem to exceed even homecoming expectations. Latest email I've received says that "only a limited amount of tickets remain." Speaking of emails, I'm also perceiving a step-up in communications from the Athletics Dept., which is something many of us have been advocating for awhile.
          What a wonderful opportunity for the team to show well and to hook up with some folks who wouldn't normally attend. An exciting and satisfying (successful) experience is the an important ingredient in the "secret formula".

I, too, have noticed a pickup in communication from Athletics related folds. Unfortunately, most communications have been about either donating (Gone there. Do that.) or ticket pitches (ditto). Mike McLaughlin ghosts a game summary for JM after each game. It's free and worth your trouble to drop him an email with your address.
          Last edited by HHound; 11-08-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the ticket pitches. Better than keeping hockey and hoops games secret.

Comment

Kevin Roy called up to the NHL by the Ducks!
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Kevin Roy called up to the NHL by the Ducks!
                ...way to go, very happy for him. Enjoy it!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They had to open up the lower bowl for student tickets due to the high demand. Should be a great atmosphere tomorrow!
                  Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Huskies get a commitment from local product Riley Hughes, originally from Westwood, MA and currently at St. Seb's

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...s-prep-hockey/
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Question - what's the deal with Pecararo?
                      Doesn't seem like he's seen any ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                        Question - what's the deal with Pecararo?
                        Doesn't seem like he's seen any ice time.

I believe that he is still not eligible. He is expected to play in the next semester.

Comment

It is hoped that Pecararo and Hawkins will be able to play as soon as 12/16 @ Merrimack at 4 PM. That would be the day after the semester ends. That will probably cause a scrambling of the lines, but should bring some additional firepower.
                          Last edited by HHound; 11-10-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Sikura, Ruck, Cockerill and Lerario out...23 is with 8/15 and the 4th line looks like 13/27/12. Let's go NU and salute the troops!

Comment

If the reason 14 is out is what I heard it was, it's literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                If the reason 14 is out is what I heard it was, it's literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.
                                ..well, he was out last gm same reason i 'believe' as stated itself by the Coach.. so..

bummed about Ruck. Hope he feels better soon if indeed it is still re last gm's injury. Hopefully we'll see him vs Lowell tomorrow. Go Huskies, lv it all out there.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X