Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

No UMass preview from the blog but some points:

- UMass is rebuilding and is doing well beyond expectations this year. Makar and Ferraro, their two drafted defensemen, are their top players. The lost on Tuesday to Maine at Maine. Good wins this year include @ Union x2, PC, @ QU x2,

- They are scoring by committee- no point-per-game players, but 5 forwards and 2 D are over 10 points. Oliver Chau is their leading scorer, John Leonard and Mitchell Chaffee are their other top scorers. Maker/Ferraro drive the offense from the blue line.

- An under 50% possession team, meaning NU should be able to control play. Shot margin of -35 this year in 21 games.

- Goalies are pretty bad overall: Wischow has an overall SV% of 89.7, Murray (heralded rookie coming in) at 89.2. At even strength Wischow is at 91.1, Murray 89.3. I think they could split the weekend.

- Powerplay is below average, penalty kill is bad. Huskies should feast.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• I just dont think there are any easy gms in Hockey East... especially this part of the season. Hopefully they play smart hockey & get out of the zoo.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
        NESN tonight
        NESN is showing the Harvard-Clarkson women's game. My FiOS channel lineup says nothing about NU-UMass.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

0-0 half way through the 2nd. I'm not able to watch the game, but hoping we put some pucks into the net..

Comment

2-0 after a tipped goal and a PPG for UMass. What a stupid dumb penalty by Lerario, hitting Makar around the head area a full 2-3 seconds after he released the puck. He was playing so well for 4 games, and then does that. Stupid.

Offense has gotten chances but not finishing. Powerplay 0-2. Not feeling optimistic for the third. This is going to hurt the PairWise BIG TIME if they don't come back.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• no easy gms! c'mon team... let's go
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If I never have to think about that game again, that'd be great. What a disaster.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

what an abortion of a game! I'm glad I didn't make the drive to Amherst.
                  Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                  —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Umass beat us after having a short rest week, already having played Tues night. Just unacceptable to perform like that, wknd after the Maine series.

Hopefully get some respect back tomorrow... otherwise hoping Coaches skate 'em! C'mon guys, let's get real!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      Huskies should feast.
                      on some humble pie. no... easy... gms.

let's try again tomorrow.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Thank goodness I finally woke up. I had this terrible nightmare about UMass winning.....wait.....WHAT?
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

They suspended davies for tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                            They suspended davies for tonight.
                            ... at this point, we need to start becoming a consistent team regardless of wbo is in the line up. Davies will be a loss, no doubt but the offense needs to step up & play team hockey & get some quality shots in... not just in the 1st, but all 3 periods.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

It helps to get a goal in the first minute.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                                It helps to get a goal in the first minute.
                                Apparently we are good at scoring in the first minute of a period.
                                —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X