Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

JM brutally blunt in the post game presser. Called guys out ("...those guys know who they are...I told them") and expressed concerns about mindset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9TcRsK0Yqg
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-03-2018, 12:46 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

We are not only in a chase for 1st place in Hockey East, but we are also in a 6 team battle for 4 home ice spots and 5 1st round bye spots. If Maine and Lowell win their game in hand, we are looking at 6 teams separated by 4 points.

Us and the terriers have the "easiest" schedules remaining of the 6 teams, but we know that series in Vermont is going to be a really tough one for us. There are no easy games, and even when you outplay your opponent the result isn't guaranteed. That said the last few weeks should be pretty crazy.

Comment

Wow. Stops just short of naming names. "'Sophomores and Juniors' who have had to be addressed before". "Ten guys". So, basically most of the non freshman forwards and defensemen?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          Wow. Stops just short of naming names. "'Sophomores and Juniors' who have had to be addressed before". "Ten guys". So, basically most of the non freshman forwards and defensemen?
          Just listening to his comments now. I haven't heard him be that candid in a very long time
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Just saw Jim Madigan & N Stevens in between periods of the Bruins-Maple Leafs gm.. live on Nesn .. talking Beanpot. Wishing the Huskies some rest, & let's go Monday.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Games tonight went our way for the most part. Pairwave steadyish.

Time to get overhyped for the Beanpot!

Comment

• forget the last couple gms... stretch run starts here

Give it your all, leave it all out there.

Go Huskies!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

From the blog. You know what it is
                  http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...2018-our-year/

Comment

• primeau playing prob his best, playing loose.. having fun.

will say it again, goalie had fun..
                    under the big lights to boot. good for him, good for nu.

way to go!

hopefully rest of team/ kids play as loose nxt monday now that they got the 1st gm out of the way. that is going to be key for the huskies.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Normally I go tonight but I said to myself I am only getting the tix on Championship night this year. Don't want to jinx it. They played pretty well but Primeau really looked every bit of what has been said about him in the press. If he gets hot down then stretch and a few kids that Jim called out answer the bell, who knows how far they can go. We can't look ahead on to the UCONN game which was arguably their worst outing down in Storrs. However I can't remember a season where we played BC this well 2x in one season. Anyway BC looked frustrated and chippy at the final whistle and that is what good goal tending can do. Will enjoy this for tonight!

Comment

The difference tonight - Primeau's goaltending and NU finishing chances. BC had so many rushes, so many opportunities, but couldn't make them count. I thought NU got too creative trying to break out of their own zone, not wanting to just dump it, and the Eagles were ready, able to keep them pinned in. Some bad giveaways in there. I thought the Huskies were lucky not to pay dearly for many of those, but a lot of that was due to Primeau being his game. Big players stepped up on offense.
                        Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          +1

Find those lanes, make the simple plays, get pucks on net
                          rest will take care of itself. Here's hoping
                          they did this.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          btw, the 'looseness; / having fun also goes for Primeau..
                          before he won his Hockey East accolades, was playing/ saving with a certain confidence & swagger.. the OT goal against the Friars, couple other instances with the puck lying loose.. he gets those if he just plays with the calmness that won him those honors just about month/ 6 weeks ago. He has it.. just needs to find it.
                          Go Huskies
                          he found it.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

All around a great showing from NU. CP was very calm, cool and collected for a true freshman making his beanpot debut. The big 3 came to play and everyone else did their job.

After a late one BU it is. Didn't mind who NU would be facing, but from a pairwise perspective I'm glad it's BU as a win against them will pay higher dividends than a win against Harvard at the moment. Up to 13 in the PW and it'd be nice to crack the top 10 somehow prior to league playoffs. Hopefully last night was a start to what will be a strong finish for NU.

Comment

Recap:
                              http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...0-beanpot-win/

Comment

That Stevens goal brought me back to the 2011 final when McNeely scored NU's 4th goal of the game. I think they have a lot of similarities in their game, though Stevens has the upper hand in stick handling.

Comment

Working...
                                X