Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    ...first semester (ends Friday) grades have to be posted in order for them to be eligible [Saturday]...
    That's light speed in academia. Too much to reasonably expect?
    Last edited by Split-N; 12-12-2017, 05:45 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
      Jeff is correct, but I disagree about who will sit. Bobby Hampton, who is a center hasn't done much as the RW on the third line - not a point from him at the position. Hawkins is a RW who could help in Hampton's spot. I don't expect JM to replace Selanne, as Eetu and his line have played well. Pecararo is a left shot who can play on either side. I'm really guessing here, but Schule, who was a top scorer in a so-so USPL, who has done little on offense. However, he has done nice work on D. Tough choice for JM. I can't see him not putting the two transfers on the ice - They have both sat out longer than they should have. Hawkins was somewhat shafted by the NC$$. Peca is a whole 'nother story. They must be starved for game action. Saturday will be interesting!
      I'm a fan of Hampton and don't know why they moved him from center to begin with. Personally, my 4 centers would be Gaudette, Solow, Hampton and Picking. We shall see what JM does. To me Schule is a better, more experienced Selanne. I'd imagine the 12th forward spot will continue to be musical chairs, just with different contestants with the transfers back.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill. Thiessen is right that Hawkins grades will need to be in by Friday for him to dress Saturday. I am told the team is working to ensure that happens. He will skate with 15 & 28 if it does. That moves 17 onto a line with 19 & 7 and moves 27 onto a line with 25 and 26 playing center.

I also agree with Thiessen that 25 is a better more experienced player than 13. I'd also weigh defense accountability a bit more when making the determination for spots on the bottom 6. With that being said I feel that 25 has generated some offense this year but with little puck luck and not playing with any true finishers he has very little to show for it on the scoresheet. I think 26 & 27 would rotate out before 25 as well at this point in time. I have liked what I've see from 22 with the opportunities he has gotten so far which is promising being that he looks to be a regular now.

Looking forward to a competitive game and hopefully 2 big HEA points for the dawgs on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          That's light speed in academia. Too much to reasonably expect?
          I forgot to mention to you that there have been a few changes that serve to speed things up since we were in school in the ‘60s.😉

Comment

• Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
            Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill. Thiessen is right that Hawkins grades will need to be in by Friday for him to dress Saturday.
            Looking forward to a competitive game and hopefully 2 big HEA points for the dawgs on Saturday.
            That’s quite a statement you made. I can believe Pecararo is history long before the idea that Cockerill is gone. Based on some of your previous post, I had the impression that you may have a window into the locker room. If so, perhaps these are things that should stay in that locker room where problems can be worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
              Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill...
              Sure looks like somebody's cred is going to take a hit. If RD is right, not a big surprise re Pecararo but AFAIK, nothing was on the radar re Cockerill.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Well. In 4 days we're going to learn that a new account popped up and gave very good info for a month just for one big troll, or we're going to have more questions than answers.

Comment

I was told at 1:03 pm by a school spokesperson that the grades needed to be posted in time for both to be eligible Saturday. I was either given bad info, this transpired after the fact or this guy is incorrect.

Jeff Cox
                  Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 12-12-2017, 08:11 PM.
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

That’s quite a statement you made. I can believe Pecararo is history long before the idea that Cockerill is gone. Based on some of your previous post, I had the impression that you may have a window into the locker room. If so, perhaps these are things that should stay in that locker room where problems can be worked out.
                    If both players are actually gone, what would be impact in locker room? Different if giving details about guys still on team.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                      I was told at 1:03 pm by a school spokesperson that the grades needed to be posted in time for both to be eligible Saturday. I was either given bad info, this transpired after the fact or this guy is incorrect.

Jeff Cox
                      The information you were given about the grades was correct. There may be another step involved to formally have them cleared by the NC$$,. Not certain about that part. Was the person you spoke to part of the hockey program or the athletic department?

Comment

The information you were given about the grades was correct. There may be another step involved to formally have them cleared by the NC$$,. Not certain about that part. Was the person you spoke to part of the hockey program or the athletic department?
                        It was an on the record communication with an athletic department employee.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

You went to the right place and got accurate guidance. The employee probably wasn't aware of anything current that might be going on with the team. I haven't been able to verify either statement from our new and best poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
                            Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill.
                            If true, quite a fall from grace for Cockerill. From wearing an "A" to off the team in a couple of months. His role has been scaled back this year with the emergence of Davies and the improved play of Cecere and Owens, but he still is one of the better PP d-men in the country and the highest scoring NU defenseman since Jim Fahey. Hope it's not true.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Did not expect to be reading this today. Not good news if true.

Comment

it is a long season.. there are bound to be some dramatics. hope this is just that & not much else.
                                long as team is headed in the right direction and there is camaraderie & believeability amongst the group.. they should rally around each other / the program & move on.

want to add: if news about cockerill is true, want to wish him the best. some kids deal with change the right way, some do not.

it's d1 hockey.. there are/ will be changes. its part of the deal.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X