Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

reviewing play for offsides.. i think he'a juusst okay... we'll see.. regardless, better tighten up tomorrow.

5-3 final, NU. Maine has bright future, good team.

Beanpot or Bust

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

That stretch of play from about 4:30 left to Sikura's goal was awesome. We didn't give them anything, and eventually capitalized when they threw everyone into our zone trying to gain possession.

Maine looked pretty good. Lots of good chances by both teams, I was pretty nervous during that 3rd period. Let's see if we can get another 2 points tomorrow!

Slow start against a hungry Maine team. I will take the 2 points and a BC loss. I was at the game and biting my nails. That said, I have to say the best play by play was that of Northeastern on this Forum during the game.

Maine is going to empty the tank tomorrow, I think the boyz will be prepared. There were some points during tonight’s game where we looked kind of bad and kind of sloppy but NU looked composed and well conditioned down the stretch. What I really like about this team is that all the lines play pretty well offensively, all these kids can score goals! Let's finish the weekend strong!

also want to add, gms like these where you have team on a hot streak coming in... regardless of the lapses out front... good to have some sound goaltending back there.

not sure what the deal with ruck is & i wish him quick recovery. (tandem is a healthy thing once a while for any team).. having said that, just thankful for primeau & way he can step up. keep it up

Great game tonight. Your team is outstanding. I wish you the best, and expect your team will do better than beanpot shinnanigans. Your team is the strength in hockey east in my opinion. But my Bears will try as best to give you everything tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Great game tonight. Your team is outstanding. I wish you the best, and expect your team will do better than beanpot shinnanigans. Your team is the strength in hockey east in my opinion. But my Bears will try as best to give you everything tomorrow.
    no doubt in my mind your team will be better tomorrow. i sincerely hope my Huskies can be, as well.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Beanpot or Bust

After last night's game, Sikura and Gaudette now lead the nation in points per game.

Maine has played better the second night most of the season and hopefully that will continue this weekend. Did you guys shorten your bench last night? It seemed like the same few guys were out there most of the time. How did you get Gaudette and Sikura away from BU and BC? They really missed out on those two.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

2016 Hockey East Overlords

We pretty much play our top line and Jeremy Davies half the game. It's been that way for a year or so now, ever since they realized every second of ZAR-Gaudette-Sikura Playing = Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    How did you get Gaudette and Sikura away from BU and BC? They really missed out on those two.
    ... because as far back as Cronin, we have been getting the better recruits. Johnny Gaudreau was a NU recruit (talk about under the radar ).
    And ever since NU won its last Hockey East Championships couple yrs back, they've proven other places aren't the only show in town.
    Northeastern now gets better local recruits as well and it is a good thing for the U. & parity overall in the college game. I have to give Madigan credit for that.
    Here's hoping for another hard fought tonight.. you guys have a solid team.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    Maine will win a gm this wknd...
    Personally, I'm not willing to concede Maine anything. That being said, Maine is certainly the HEA feel good story of the year after being picked by everyone (including me) to be among the dregs not only of HEA but also for all of D1 hockey. Hope they keep it up but not at NU's expense.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Maine not playing bad at all.. but Northeastern with a much better start tonight.

Have to cut out early.. g'luck to my Huskies & here's hoping for a great gm. Go NU

God I hate playing Maine. I might dislike their team more than I dislike BC. What a bad turnover by Stevens/Shea on that second Maine goal. Need to be smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    How did you get Gaudette and Sikura away from BU and BC? They really missed out on those two.
    They don't stoop low enough to recruit in the OJHL. Come on, now...

As for the other, I can only assume it's because Northeastern is a safety school and much easier to get into given the comparatively subpar academic programs.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Beanpot or Bust

I have only been able to catch pieces of the game in the 1st and 2nd so far, and haven't seen any goals. But we look like garbage

Agreed. Maine playing with purpose. PP looks pretty bad so far. Credit to Maine players for really creating a lot of confusion and not allowing NU to set up.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

On that PPG, the Maine board is freaking out about home cooking, ignoring the fact that Holway cross checked Stevens 3-4 times causing him to fall into Swayman. Unreal.
    Maine defense- when out of position just check a guy from the chest up. Been happening all game.

Nice to see the powerplay click tonight. 3-2 almost halfway through the game. Not the goalie showdown we expected!

Also a 4 game point streak for Jozefek. Really nice to see him warming up. Secondary scoring is so important for this team to make a run. I wanna see that Williams slap shot a little more too!
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Beanpot or Bust

Welp, two goals since I posted.

That last one was close. Clearly Stevens was cross checked in the back twice, the second of which pushed him into Swayman. However, he did not try to get up as best he could, and it looked like he stayed down on purpose.

Are cross checks like that not penalties? Maybe it shouldn't have been a goal, I'd be mad if I were Maine, but I'd be mad as a NU fan if they'd have called it no goal.

Beanpot or Bust

On 2nd replay of the goal, it was so fast and it did look like Stevens tried to get up fast, I think it probably should have stood. Originally I was looking at the overhead slow mo view.

Thread Information