Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

With NU missing some D & needing to make those adjustments... (not to mention Sikura on offense & especially the powerplay, as well)... team had better, as has been noted; not take things lightly. This AIC squad split with RIT & beat Penn State. Hopefully Coaches have them ready, Go Huskies!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Also from the blog, Ryan took a look at the schedule ahead, and looked at what NU needs to do to be sitting pretty for the Hockey East tournament and the NCAA Tournament

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ad-ahead-2018/

nicely done, thx. oh & tonight first... Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Broken Glass

Sikura and Davies didnít play in last nights game for Canada. I didnít see them make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    Sikura and Davies didnít play in last nights game for Canada. I didnít see them make the roster.
    I think thatís due to the fact that Canada had a bye into the semi final after beating both of their division opponents. They played today and won 5-2
    Against the same Mountfield HK team they beat in the first round. In todayís game, Sikura bounce a shot off the crossbar.
    The final is tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    I think thatís due to the fact that Canada had a bye into the semi final after beating both of their division opponents. They played today and won 5-2
    Against the same Mountfield HK team they beat in the first round. In todayís game, Sikura bounce a shot off the crossbar.
    The final is tomorrow.

ability to score on simple play, 5x5, ...still eluding this team. on the pp, yes.. but we need to be able to put the puck in the net at even strength, consistently goinf deeper into season.

finally... Solow. ... snipe... !

AIC hung with NU the entire gm... kudos to them.
    Huskies doing just enough (short roster & all) especially in the 3rd to put it away. Nice block & ENG by Filipe in the waning tics, cause AIC came right back on that last rush. Primeau may have heard that buzzer... let up a bit cause that shot/ puck went in .

Well, a safe & Happy New Year to all. Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY

Beanpot or Bust

A win is a win. We have the weakest OOC schedule I've ever seen at NU this season but if we win our games it's okay. The computers can't tell the difference between a blow out and a squeaker

Beanpot or Bust

Of course that means we need to beat Bentley. They've won every game since Thanksgiving, going 6-0 including a road win at Lowell. Will be tricky to navigate those games, they always seem to do damage against us.

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    Of course that means we need to beat Bentley. They've won every game since Thanksgiving, going 6-0 including a road win at Lowell. Will be tricky to navigate those games, they always seem to do damage against us.
    ..besides Lowell, they've also recently beaten Brown, AIC, & Dartmouth... all convincingly... all on the road. Would be nice to get in some strong practices; try cool these guys some. #destroykryptonite 😊

All Hail

The very thought of Bentley makes me breakout in hives!!!
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

A very Happy New Yr to Husky Nation and college hockey fans everywhere! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    The very thought of Bentley makes me breakout in hives!!!
    Ha, ha, you have been saying this for years. :-)

I hope to be back in time for the Friday game at the JAR, but if not, maybe in time for next night in Boston Arena.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ha, ha, you have been saying this for years. :-)...
    ...and with good reason!

congrats to Davies & Sikura, winning their tournament over in Europe. Hopefully get them back in time & rested and ready to go Friday.

Primeau Hockey East Goalie of the Month. Well deserved

Team Canada for Olympics will be announced on Jan 11. So we have about a week to wait and see if Davies/Sikura will be chosen. I'm expecting to lose Sikura.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Primeau Hockey East Goalie of the Month. Well deserved

Team Canada for Olympics will be announced on Jan 11. So we have about a week to wait and see if Davies/Sikura will be chosen. I'm expecting to lose Sikura.
    Do you know the dates of his obligation to the Olympic team? They will need to assemble and practice for some period of time before leaving for Korea.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Do you know the dates of his obligation to the Olympic team? They will need to assemble and practice for some period of time before leaving for Korea.
    The actual Olympic Hockey Tournament is Feb 10-25. Back that up to ~Feb 1 for travel/acclimatization/in-country practices. Back that up even further for post-selection stuff like photo shoots, getting fitted for the fancy Olympic wardrobes, pre-departure team meetings, practices, etc. Bottom line, any college players selected for any of the Olympic teams may well have played their last college game -- at least for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    No idea, but if he is selected he won't play the rest of the regular season, and there is a chance he could be back for the postseason. First weekend in March will be the Octofinals, which I hope NU can avoid this year given the state of the conference. I do not think it's unreasonable to expect him to be back in time for the quarterfinals
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Thread Information