Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Well. In 4 days we're going to learn that a new account popped up and gave very good info for a month just for one big troll, or we're going to have more questions than answers.

I was told at 1:03 pm by a school spokesperson that the grades needed to be posted in time for both to be eligible Saturday. I was either given bad info, this transpired after the fact or this guy is incorrect.

Jeff Cox
    Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 12-12-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Thatís quite a statement you made. I can believe Pecararo is history long before the idea that Cockerill is gone. Based on some of your previous post, I had the impression that you may have a window into the locker room. If so, perhaps these are things that should stay in that locker room where problems can be worked out.
    If both players are actually gone, what would be impact in locker room? Different if giving details about guys still on team.

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    I was told at 1:03 pm by a school spokesperson that the grades needed to be posted in time for both to be eligible Saturday. I was either given bad info, this transpired after the fact or this guy is incorrect.

Jeff Cox
    The information you were given about the grades was correct. There may be another step involved to formally have them cleared by the NC$$,. Not certain about that part. Was the person you spoke to part of the hockey program or the athletic department?

The information you were given about the grades was correct. There may be another step involved to formally have them cleared by the NC$$,. Not certain about that part. Was the person you spoke to part of the hockey program or the athletic department?
    It was an on the record communication with an athletic department employee.

You went to the right place and got accurate guidance. The employee probably wasn't aware of anything current that might be going on with the team. I haven't been able to verify either statement from our new and best poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
    Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill.
    If true, quite a fall from grace for Cockerill. From wearing an "A" to off the team in a couple of months. His role has been scaled back this year with the emergence of Davies and the improved play of Cecere and Owens, but he still is one of the better PP d-men in the country and the highest scoring NU defenseman since Jim Fahey. Hope it's not true.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

GO NU

Beanpot or Bust

Did not expect to be reading this today. Not good news if true.

it is a long season.. there are bound to be some dramatics. hope this is just that & not much else.
    long as team is headed in the right direction and there is camaraderie & believeability amongst the group.. they should rally around each other / the program & move on.

want to add: if news about cockerill is true, want to wish him the best. some kids deal with change the right way, some do not.

it's d1 hockey.. there are/ will be changes. its part of the deal.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

So the 2 players gone are peccaro who has been ineligible for 2 years and Cockerill? What the hell happened to him??

Quote Originally Posted by huskies31 View Post
    So the 2 players gone are peccaro who has been ineligible for 2 years and Cockerill? What the hell happened to him??
    Your post makes this sound line a fait accompli. What makes you believe that? AFAIK neither of the players defections have been confirmed. If that occurs, it will be posted here or on Dieharddogs.com.
    Last edited by HHound; 12-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Your post make this sound line a fait accompli. What makes you believe that? AFAIK neither of the players defections have been confirmed. If that occurs, it will be posted here or on Dieharddogs.com.
    I just got in here and saw this, I was just trying to grasp what was written here. I have no way to verify any of this.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by huskies31 View Post
    I just got in here and saw this, I was just trying to grasp what was written here. I have no way to verify any of this.
    It all started with a post (#537) from a [maybe] "insider." Nothing more than rumor at this point. Both are still listed on the roster at gonu.com.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Super Serial

From an NBC Sports Boston guy

Jay Kenney‏
    @RealJayKenney
    14m14 minutes ago
    More
    Some rumors that Senior Defenseman Garrett Cockerill is leaving Northeastern immediately, not confirmed so... #HockeyEast
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

That's the second place I've heard it today. So.

Did he not go to class first semester or something?

well, noise aside... its gameday. Go Huskies!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Cockerill and Pecararo both don't appear on the roster today. Hawkins in the lineup to make his debut. Take that as confirmation then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Cockerill and Pecararo both don't appear on the roster today. Hawkins in the lineup to make his debut. Take that as confirmation then.
    Also Ruck listed as a non-dresser and not as the back-up which is strange.

GO NU

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
    Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill. Thiessen is right that Hawkins grades will need to be in by Friday for him to dress Saturday. I am told the team is working to ensure that happens. He will skate with 15 & 28 if it does. That moves 17 onto a line with 19 & 7 and moves 27 onto a line with 25 and 26 playing center.
    So for the record, there was a lot of info here, and it was 100% right.

GO NU

Thread Information