Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    How bad was the hit where the bc player got a game misconduct and a 5 minute major?
    https://twitter.com/NUHockeyBlog/sta...15776949092352

Beanpot or Bust

There is such a fine line between majors and minors hitting from behind. I really never know what to expect from a call. A lot of times it seems that the severity of the penalty depends on how long the player that was hit remains down. It wasn't the case in this incident. I'm not saying it was a bad or good call, I'm just saying I don't know how those calls are made.

Quote Originally Posted by RossiRules View Post
    Well in what was pretty much a nearly empty Conti Forum I watched NU play really great hockey for all but 50 or 55 minutes. Aside from a lapse at the end of the 2nd made possible by a couple of questionable minors that gave BC a 5 on 3 and left us with a gassed line, I think we were the better team. NU played really nearly textbook 3 zone hockey and overall smart play that displayed the many offensive talents of the arguably the best offensive player in the nation in DS and a pretty good darn good goalie between the pipes for NU. I don’t remember a season where we won 3 of 4 vs. BU and BC. Enjoying this! Nice job boyz, 2 more games before the break, let’s finish strong!
    Rubber Match on February 5th ))

Disappointed in the crowd size after the noon game that was packed for Duke.

The snow was great for less traffic but bad for crowd support for the night tilt.
    Last edited by BCeagle; 12-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    There is such a fine line between majors and minors hitting from behind. I really never know what to expect from a call. A lot of times it seems that the severity of the penalty depends on how long the player that was hit remains down. It wasn't the case in this incident. I'm not saying it was a bad or good call, I'm just saying I don't know how those calls are made.
    The two basic criteria referees in North America use for determining if an infraction is a minor or major is 1) intent and 2) degree of violence. And with specific reference to checking from behind, the generally accepted interpretation is driving an opponent head first into the boards, glass, or goal frame gets a 5+Game.

Solow (thankfully) had his head up when he took the hit but it was definitely delivered directly from behind and arguably with more force than needed. This particular hit might or might not draw a penalty in the pros but it's almost always going to get called in the college game.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Seeing solow go into the boards like that made it seem worse than it actually was but when you're coming from behind need to do a better job of almost bear hugging him into the wall. Probably more fitting of a 2 min penalty but don't give hockey east refs the chance to be dumb.

Oh they are selling beer at BC now and it's allowed in the stands and thick I saw it up at Merrimack too. Was there an NCCA rules change? I know NU has had the Lic. for Alumni Club since it opened but you can't leave the club with alcohol. BU had that grandfathered lic. from the Boston Braves when they played at Braves Field before it was Nickerson and as a result has always had it in the stands. Would luv to see brews in the stands at Matthews!

Oh they are selling beer at BC now and it's allowed in the stands and thick I saw it up at Merrimack too. Was there an NCCA rules change? I know NU has had the Lic. for Alumni Club since it opened but you can't leave the club with alcohol. BU had that grandfathered lic. from the Boston Braves when they played at Braves Field before it was Nickerson and as a result has always had it in the stands. Would luv to see brews in the stands at Matthews!

.. you woke up early for this one..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

New AD came from Ohio State and they just started selling beer at football games last year.

Any arena can get a license to serve. Doesnít matter at all if it is owned by a college unless it is a NCAA sanctioned event.

Veteran

A regular season 5 -2 record against BC, bu, and Lowell, 3 perennially tough HE teams, is nothing short of a job well done.
    And as can be seen over the last few weeks, there is room for improvement.

For this Huskies team, I think the best is yet to come

New commitment, an elite defenseman from Canada. 2002 birth year.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...lects-academy/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    New commitment, an elite defenseman from Canada. 2002 birth year.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...lects-academy/

very nice, congrats to him & to NU.

Now let's get ready for 'Mack.. tough to beat a opponent 3 of 3 + they have been playing well & getting the puck luck (rightly so) of late.
    Hopefully team has another fast start.. should be another hard fought gm. Go Huskies

Jeff Cox on Twitter..."Northeastern is optimistic forwards Brandon Hawkins and Liam Pecararo can play at Merrimack Saturday, but first semester (ends Friday) grades have to be posted in order for them to be eligible"

Gotta imagine they'll replace Selanne and Lerario...which would change our forward depth from a big question to a potential strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Jeff Cox on Twitter..."Northeastern is optimistic forwards Brandon Hawkins and Liam Pecararo can play at Merrimack Saturday, but first semester (ends Friday) grades have to be posted in order for them to be eligible"

Gotta imagine they'll replace Selanne and Lerario...which would change our forward depth from a big question to a potential strength.
    Jeff is correct, but I disagree about who will sit. Bobby Hampton, who is a center hasn't done much as the RW on the third line - not a point from him at the position. Hawkins is a RW who could help in Hampton's spot. I don't expect JM to replace Selanne, as Eetu and his line have played well. Pecararo is a left shot who can play on either side. I'm really guessing here, but Schule, who was a top scorer in a so-so USPL, who has done little on offense. However, he has done nice work on D. Tough choice for JM. I can't see him not putting the two transfers on the ice - They have both sat out longer than they should have. Hawkins was somewhat shafted by the NC$$. Peca is a whole 'nother story. They must be starved for game action. Saturday will be interesting!

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    ...first semester (ends Friday) grades have to be posted in order for them to be eligible [Saturday]...
    That's light speed in academia. Too much to reasonably expect?
    Last edited by Split-N; 12-12-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    Jeff is correct, but I disagree about who will sit. Bobby Hampton, who is a center hasn't done much as the RW on the third line - not a point from him at the position. Hawkins is a RW who could help in Hampton's spot. I don't expect JM to replace Selanne, as Eetu and his line have played well. Pecararo is a left shot who can play on either side. I'm really guessing here, but Schule, who was a top scorer in a so-so USPL, who has done little on offense. However, he has done nice work on D. Tough choice for JM. I can't see him not putting the two transfers on the ice - They have both sat out longer than they should have. Hawkins was somewhat shafted by the NC$$. Peca is a whole 'nother story. They must be starved for game action. Saturday will be interesting!
    I'm a fan of Hampton and don't know why they moved him from center to begin with. Personally, my 4 centers would be Gaudette, Solow, Hampton and Picking. We shall see what JM does. To me Schule is a better, more experienced Selanne. I'd imagine the 12th forward spot will continue to be musical chairs, just with different contestants with the transfers back.

Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill. Thiessen is right that Hawkins grades will need to be in by Friday for him to dress Saturday. I am told the team is working to ensure that happens. He will skate with 15 & 28 if it does. That moves 17 onto a line with 19 & 7 and moves 27 onto a line with 25 and 26 playing center.

I also agree with Thiessen that 25 is a better more experienced player than 13. I'd also weigh defense accountability a bit more when making the determination for spots on the bottom 6. With that being said I feel that 25 has generated some offense this year but with little puck luck and not playing with any true finishers he has very little to show for it on the scoresheet. I think 26 & 27 would rotate out before 25 as well at this point in time. I have liked what I've see from 22 with the opportunities he has gotten so far which is promising being that he looks to be a regular now.

Looking forward to a competitive game and hopefully 2 big HEA points for the dawgs on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    That's light speed in academia. Too much to reasonably expect?
    I forgot to mention to you that there have been a few changes that serve to speed things up since we were in school in the Ď60s.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
    Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill. Thiessen is right that Hawkins grades will need to be in by Friday for him to dress Saturday.
    Looking forward to a competitive game and hopefully 2 big HEA points for the dawgs on Saturday.
    Thatís quite a statement you made. I can believe Pecararo is history long before the idea that Cockerill is gone. Based on some of your previous post, I had the impression that you may have a window into the locker room. If so, perhaps these are things that should stay in that locker room where problems can be worked out.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
    Not sure where Mr. Cox gets his info but I have good reason to believe he is wrong about Pecararo. I am told he is officially no longer with the team and to add insult to injury neither is Garret Cockerill...
    Sure looks like somebody's cred is going to take a hit. If RD is right, not a big surprise re Pecararo but AFAIK, nothing was on the radar re Cockerill.

Thread Information