Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    So is a consensus developing that CP may really be as good as anticipated?
    ..i would say.. slow & steady.
    he looked much better last night though, no question.

(& get/ feel better soon Ryan Ruck!)

Also want to note.. that 3rd period play with keeping a lead & playing smart hockey.. making the opposition skate up & down, just perfect (and very smart). Nicely done.

Beanpot or Bust

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

CP played really really well last night. He was awesome in there.

Fun game last night. I believe Ruck's injury was inflicted by a Patrick Harper forearm/elbow shot. Ruck was strong in net until he pulled himself. Primeau came in and handled the situation with poise. Having Greenway and Tkachuk (my he's a dirty one) in his face on Terrier PP's didn't phase him a bit. Defense and Team defense worked hard all night to minimize BU's flurries. Forward lines seem to be sorting themselves out nicely. Picking and Hampton anchoring the 3rd and 4th lines admirably. Loved Hampton's goal last night. Hampton can make plays with the puck and he can make good hockey plays away from the puck, too. (For you older guys like me: Mark Lori-ish?) As for BU, this was my first viewing but I wasn't impressed. Plenty of talent, sure. 5 1st's, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's = almost half the team drafted in the first three rounds of the NHL Draft. More than a few BU posters have wondered if Quinn can coach the talent he collects.

All Hail

Surely the end times are upon us. NU and UNH on top of the league, Lowell at the bottom, bu and PC somewhere in the middle, and everyone seemingly having goalie issues except the aforementioned NU and UNH.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

to #13. lucky 13?..
    well.. anyway, polls dont mean squat.

All Hail

Also #13 in the USA Today/USA Hockey poll. (And bu heads up the "others receiving votes" category. The ratdogs ought to be snarling come Friday night.)

Sikura now not headed to the pre-Olympic tournament and is "day-to-day" with an UBI. Feel awful for him. Hopefully it's truly day to day and he can be back soon.

Beanpot or Bust

feel bad for him. Wonder how he picked it up. Hopefully not concussion related. They'll classify anything as an upper body injury these days.

not that it makes losing Sikura for the wknd gms any easier..

http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/06/hock...ntact-penalty/
    Last edited by northeastern; 11-07-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Beanpot or Bust

Anyone have any more information on Sikura's injury? I haven't seen anything about it except on message boards

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    not that it makes losing Sikura for the wknd gms any easier..

http://www.uscho.com/2017/11/06/hock...ntact-penalty/
    Was it Sikura who was hit? I couldn't tell from the bu broadcast and they didn't mention who the player was.

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    Anyone have any more information on Sikura's injury? I haven't seen anything about it except on message boards

Was it Sikura who was hit? I couldn't tell from the bu broadcast and they didn't mention who the player was.
    i am not sure if it was Sikura. was just mentioning that as we'd be without him for the wknd gms.
    regardless & if it was him.. a speedy recovery for his upcoming trip.

The player hit by Olsson was Lerario. Sikura's injury has been reported as a slash and upper body injury, so I'm thinking hand/wrist/arm?

just went back a few posts & read that he is not headed on the trip... sorry o missed that; that is a bummer! get well soon, Ryan & Dylan.

Between the Olsson hit, Harper concussing Ruck and the slash on Sikura, I'd imagine this game on Friday is going to get pretty chippy. "We Want Blood Night" volume II in the Doghouse?

P.S. Still the only time I can remember a college player getting booed every time he touched the puck. What a great atmosphere that night...JVR was such a punk.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

#GaudetteForHo8ey

Beanpot or Bust

That was one of my favorite games I ever attended, and one I always think back to with fond memories of being a student watching games.

Recap of the first game: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...s-down-bu-4-1/

Apparently student tickets are down to SRO only, and both the Dog and Donghouse have sold out. It's shaping up to be a good atmosphere. Hopefully the crowd and teams don't disappoint.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

All Hail

I guess the old saying, "Win and they will come" still holds some validity in this age of FANG (Facebook/Amazon/Netflix/Google) that gives today's student generation plenty of reasons to stay home instead of trekking to a sports arena.

Sweep bu and showing up at hockey games might actually become a "thing" again.

I guess the old saying, "Win and they will come" still holds some validity in this age of FANG (Facebook/Amazon/Netflix/Google) that gives today's student generation plenty of reasons to stay home instead of trekking to a sports arena.

Sweep bu and showing up at hockey games might actually become a "thing" again.
    I would almost guarantee the attendance boost is more related to homecoming than the record of the team at this stage. Homecoming always has a good turnout no matter how poor the record it (and it has been pretty poor around homecoming lately)
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    I would almost guarantee the attendance boost is more related to homecoming than the record of the team at this stage. Homecoming always has a good turnout no matter how poor the record it (and it has been pretty poor around homecoming lately)
    Good point. I hadn't made the homecoming connection but the prospect of a full barn (or close to it) would seem to exceed even homecoming expectations. Latest email I've received says that "only a limited amount of tickets remain." Speaking of emails, I'm also perceiving a step-up in communications from the Athletics Dept., which is something many of us have been advocating for awhile.

Good point. I hadn't made the homecoming connection but the prospect of a full barn (or close to it) would seem to exceed even homecoming expectations. Latest email I've received says that "only a limited amount of tickets remain." Speaking of emails, I'm also perceiving a step-up in communications from the Athletics Dept., which is something many of us have been advocating for awhile.
    What a wonderful opportunity for the team to show well and to hook up with some folks who wouldn't normally attend. An exciting and satisfying (successful) experience is the an important ingredient in the "secret formula".

I, too, have noticed a pickup in communication from Athletics related folds. Unfortunately, most communications have been about either donating (Gone there. Do that.) or ticket pitches (ditto). Mike McLaughlin ghosts a game summary for JM after each game. It's free and worth your trouble to drop him an email with your address.
    Last edited by HHound; 11-08-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Thread Information