Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

See you in Lowell tomorrow night NU. Kinda wish the game was at Matthews as I could hit Conor Larkins for more tater tots smothered with chili and cheese like a couple weeks ago. But we'll be at the Worthen for pregame a few blocks from the Tsongas past City Hall on Worthen Street a few hours before the game tomorrow night, stop on by if you're coming up (note: Lowell Beer Works totally blows now and no one has really been going there before games since they remodeled, menu is horrible with few options and no burgers or anything so save your money and look elsewhere).
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• box says 4700 odd tix sold. not bad considering the attendance woes overall. Homecoming & all, we'll take it. Nice atmosphere & energy in the Doghouse as well tonight. Barn got going some.. great to see the fans, all around.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        box says 4700 odd tix sold. not bad considering the attendance woes overall. Homecoming & all, we'll take it. Nice atmosphere & energy in the Doghouse as well tonight. Barn got going some.. great to see the fans, all around.
        Funny how a full barn leads to quick starts...need more of that. Should be a similar crowd for BC next Saturday I'd imagine.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Saw it LIVE in a full barn with old profs, alumni and pals that stretch some 3 + decades and all I can say is if happiness were people, I would be China tonight! Awesome boyz! Best homecoming in decades! Also luv the freebie husky hats with the camouflage for Veteran's Day! Nice touch! The camo home uniforms are a one in done but I get it!
          Last edited by RossiRules; 11-10-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            If the reason 14 is out is what I heard it was, it's literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.
            Regardless of the reason, as one of the top 4 defenseman when you sit out for two big games against a cross-town rival and the offense does great scoring 10 goals and the defense plays great allowing only 2 goals, that is not good for you.

Maybe the coach won't notice.

Comment

One of the best doghouse crowds in years and hands down the most dominating NU win over a quality opponent I've seen in a long time. Not much more needs to be said. Enjoy it tonight, and repeat tomorrow versus Lowell.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                See you in Lowell tomorrow night NU. Kinda wish the game was at Matthews as I could hit Conor Larkins for more tater tots smothered with chili and cheese like a couple weeks ago. But we'll be at the Worthen for pregame a few blocks from the Tsongas past City Hall on Worthen Street a few hours before the game tomorrow night, stop on by if you're coming up (note: Lowell Beer Works totally blows now and no one has really been going there before games since they remodeled, menu is horrible with few options and no burgers or anything so save your money and look elsewhere).
                I'll be at the game. Maybe I'll pop into the Worthen too now that you recommended it.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorer View Post
                  Regardless of the reason, as one of the top 4 defenseman when you sit out for two big games against a cross-town rival and the offense does great scoring 10 goals and the defense plays great allowing only 2 goals, that is not good for you.

Maybe the coach won't notice.
                  also, lets not forget... team got outshot, but Primeau was solid all gm. Nice W for the freshman & overall good response by him (last couple gms) after the Quinnipiac outing. Way to go
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    also, lets not forget... team got outshot, but Primeau was solid all gm. Nice W for the freshman & overall good response by him (last couple gms) after the Quinnipiac outing. Way to go

Primeau played very well and hopefully he will continue to improve as the season progresses. It a definite plus to have 2 goalies capable of starting or substituting as needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorer View Post
                      Primeau played very well and hopefully he will continue to improve as the season progresses. It a definite plus to have 2 goalies capable of starting or substituting as needed.
                      +1
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

What a fantastic game overall. Couldn't ask for a better Homecoming game.

While I thought Primeau looked infinitely better than he did in his last appearance at Matthews, I thought the overall team defense was more responsible for keeping bu in check. Primeau had a couple big saves, but I thought he left a bunch of rebounds in dangerous spots. The defense was there and took care of them. Bu had very little net-front presence all game. The forwards were very active in the defensive zone and everyone was blocking shots. Good game for Primeau no doubt, but great game for the defense.

Comment

Another fun game. Six goals without Sikura in the lineup, defense worked hard, Primeau solid in the net. BU just doesn't look like a dangerous team. Was surprised to see Cockerill not dressed again. I had thought that last weeks benching was the Staff's response to his poor play the previous week. A second game makes me wonder if it is more than that. Are the lines for tonights game available yet?

Comment

• all UML here in the 1st.. Huskies look winded. let's get something going team!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

That was ugly. Thankfully it's 1-1. Regroup for the 2nd

Comment

• much better first few mins here in the 2nd. lots of chances.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X