Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Just watched the replay and you are correct. It must be that the play bu UConn's #8 happened in a crowded space and that his pass only traveled a short distance before Davies picked it up with speed. Refs must have thought the puck went directly from the falling Gaudette to Davies. I also had a rules issue last night. When UConn hit the post from 150 feet away the Officials called icing on UConn. I always thought that if the puck went through the crease that icing was negated? Has that changed? Refs reviewed it and still ruled it an icing.

Comment

On the delayed penalty, play is not stopped until the non-offending team gains "possession and control" of the puck. I don't recall that particular detail but they had to have ruled that the puck merely glanced or deflected off the UConn player, which is not enough for possession and control. WRT icing on a puck touching the crease, that rule was changed some years ago.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Harper ruled out, Greenway at the Olympics, Carpenter and Krys both recovering from injuries, Crotty and Olsson both DNP last night with apparent nagging injury - NU should be heavily, heavily favored to end the drought Monday night.
        Please spare us the “Woe is us. We really don’t have a chance” That's BUBS That’s short for bu bull shirt.
        Your cubbard is well stocked, but feel that you need an excuse for losing that will also serve to cheapen the NU victory. bu won’t lose. NU will beat them. No sale, but nice try!
        Last edited by HHound; 02-11-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          I watched most of last night's game, but I was at a bar, so did not have access to the sound. On Northeastern's first goal, I thought there was a delayed penalty coming up on UConn. It looked to me as though a UConn player (#8) clearly had control of the puck and shot it back towards the blue line (where it was intercepted by a NU player (#4). Shouldn't the whistle have blown? Did anyone else notice this?
          There was a ton going on with that play. Gaudette gets tripped, there was a a possible touch from UConn, Davies got the puck and went to the net, was clearly tripped, UConn didn't touch the puck but the whistle was blown, the puck goes in the net. It honestly could have been called anywhere from no goal and a 5 on 4 NU PP to a goal and a 5 on 3 NU PP.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Olympic update: Kendall Coyne doing her thing – draws a penalty and the on the following PP scores the game winner on a one-timer after nice pass from Hilary Knight. Final – USA 3 Finland 1.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/unit...ts-finland-3-1
            Last edited by scorer; 02-11-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              If anyone has seen Filipe or Solow, please let the authorities know, they've been missing for the better part of 3 months now.
              Agreed. After watching Felipe early in his freshman year, there were signs he could develop into a carbon copy of Chris Kreider. Instead, he has morphed into a mirror image of Adam Reid. However, I have a feeling that he will come up big tomorrow night and be one of the heroes in an NU Beanpot victory. As the home team, bu will be trying all game to match lines with the Big 3, which could open up opportunities for the most athletic player on the other lines. He will be the X factor.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
                Agreed. After watching Felipe early in his freshman year, there were signs he could develop into a carbon copy of Chris Kreider. Instead, he has morphed into a mirror image of Adam Reid. However, I have a feeling that he will come up big tomorrow night and be one of the heroes in an NU Beanpot victory. As the home team, bu will be trying all game to match lines with the Big 3, which could open up opportunities for the most athletic player on the other lines. He will be the X factor.
                I wish I shared your optimism regarding Filipe tomorrow night.

Comment

So, blacks or reds Monday night?
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    So, blacks or reds Monday night?
                    I believe I saw your team's account tweeted last week they'd be wearing the black shirts.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Statistical look at the Terriers for tomorrow. Records and history be ****ed. The statistics indicate these teams are well matched up for this.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...stern-huskies/
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Statistical look at the Terriers for tomorrow. Records and history be ****ed. The statistics indicate these teams are well matched up for this.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...stern-huskies/
                        bu doesn’t stand a chance. even if there were no injuries and absences they’d have no shot

well matched mookie’s arse
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          bu doesn’t stand a chance. even if there were no injuries and absences they’d have no shot

Let's all feel sad for the team of 20 Chiefs and no Indians

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

It appears you've resigned yourself to BU losing while I've convinced myself that NU is going to continue the misery trend another year. It's a race to the bottom!!
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                              Let's all feel sad for the team of 20 Chiefs and no Indians
                              No one is asking for that. He’s just stating a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                No one is asking for that. He’s just stating a fact.
                                He's not stating any facts. He's just been drinking... again.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X