Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
    Don't forget the MVP of the 2014 Olympics, Florence Schelling
    she was great. after thiessen (now primeau).. she reminded time & again what sound goaltending looked like.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Alright...time to exercise those Bentley demons and get 2018 off on the right foot. With 4 and 9 back, it's time for this offense to be what we know it can be and stop relying so heavily on our (stud) freshman goalie. Bentley is actually #37 in the PWR so these wouldn't be typical AHA "empty wins" in that regard.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Alright...time to exercise those Bentley demons...Bentley is actually #37 in the PWR so these wouldn't be typical AHA "empty wins" in that regard.
        Personally, I'd rather exorcise those demons rather than give them a workout. Good point re the PWR, which is absolutely critical considering the dismal HEA record vs OOC opponents.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Bentley playing us tough as always. They will be a force once their new rink is up & running and the recruits roll in.
          Meanwhile, regardless of outcome it is good to have Sikura & Davies back. 3-3 late in the 3rd.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

As someone already noted, NU has an easy OOC schedule and ties against Bentley just won't cut it. While it might seem too early to say this, every game is crucial from here on out in terms of PWR. I hate playing these games against AHA teams because we don't gain much from them if we win, in terms of PWR, but they can definitely hurt us, as it did last year.
            Last edited by Motorboaters; 01-05-2018, 09:45 PM.
            "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
              As someone already noted, NU has an easy OOC schedule and ties against Bentley just won't cut it. While it might seem too early to say this, every game is crucial from here on out in terms of PWR. I hate playing these games against AHA teams because we don't gain much from them if we win, in terms of PWR, but they can definitely hurt us, as it did last year.
              yes, that tying goal hurt. NU up 3-2 mid way through the 3rd, Falcons responded just 25 odd secs later... not sure if it was defensive breakdown or Primeau out of position...
              if we hold that lead, might have been enough. Bentley of course has been pretty good of late. Team just needs to be better tomorrow & convert on more of the chances, unlike tonight.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Maybe when this game was scheduled they thought it would be the opening of the new arena
                However, playing in front of 458 fans has to be a new low for any hockey east team

Comment

And, most of those 458 fans were rooting for the Huskies.

I was standing behind Primeau for Bentley's third goal and it looked like your goalie was screened. I thought that both goalies made several great saves. Looking forward to rematch at your place on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    ...Good point re the PWR, which is absolutely critical considering the dismal HEA record vs OOC opponents.
                    Down to 14-15, depending on which PWR version you look at. And HEA's continued dismal showing vs OOC teams doesn't help. For NU and other HEA teams, a tie is as good as a loss from this point on.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Any suggestions for parking near your arena, especially given the snowstorm and now windchill?

Comment

NU provides free game night parking in the garage located on Columbus Ave. it is probably a five to seven minute walk to Matthews from there. There is another garage that requires a fee next door to Matthews Arena on the corner of St. Botolph and Gainsborough St. Much closer. Check it out.

Comment

If I ever step foot in that rink again it'll be too soon. Not much to say, it was the same guys as always. As for the goals against, the first one I think 31 wants back. The third was just an awful play by the whole team. We score a goal, Bentley goes in 3 on 2, 31 makes a great initial save to bail us out, and they put the rebound in the other side. Nothing he could do.

As far as our shots, maybe it's just something about that rink, but I feel like despite the volume (we've put up 40 or so both of our last trips too) I only remember two or so notable saves by Pelino. The rest were either not that dangerous or we just didn't hit the net with the shot.

I also think Gaudette has some young-Roy level puck hogging going on. The number of times he skates up the middle of the ice and shoots the puck directly into the defenseman in front of him or the goalie is way too high. Especially if he's out there with 9 and 21 rather than some of the other linemates he's had over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            I also think Gaudette has some young-Roy level puck hogging going on. The number of times he skates up the middle of the ice and shoots the puck directly into the defenseman in front of him or the goalie is way too high. Especially if he's out there with 9 and 21 rather than some of the other linemates he's had over the years.
                            ... this is very true. i have noticed the same.
                            if he does not change, will only hurt himself long run; as that's the player you become.
                            use your teammates... the points are going to come easier than you think. hopefully better showing as a team, tonight.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Beat Bentley please. Cannot afford a loss in the PWR and not couting on more than 1 or 2 bids from HEA this season.

Funny how lately it's been goals that have been hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                                NU provides free game night parking in the garage located on Columbus Ave. it is probably a five to seven minute walk to Matthews from there. There is another garage that requires a fee next door to Matthews Arena on the corner of St. Botolph and Gainsborough St. Much closer. Check it out.
                                Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X