Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Jim is just a wonderful human being. When in his presser and asked what/who he thought of when the buzzer hit, he talked about George Makris and Jack Grinold and how much each of them meant to NU athletics and to him personally. Talked about how the team had a lot of good people looking down on them today. Just makes you realize how much he loves this school, the people associated with it, and how humble he is.

I was wrong about him. Have said this before, but will state it again.. he was/ is the right man for the job.

With the HE Championship in '16 & now this, thus far '18.. continued success to him, the program, our kids & the U.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      Jim is just a wonderful human being. When in his presser and asked what/who he thought of when the buzzer hit, he talked about George Makris and Jack Grinold and how much each of them meant to NU athletics and to him personally. Talked about how the team had a lot of good people looking down on them today. Just makes you realize how much he loves this school, the people associated with it, and how humble he is.
      This!
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Zach Aston Reece with his NHL goals #1 & #2 tonight for Pittsburgh..

way to go & thx to the NU twitter feed for some nice video of it as well. Way to go ZAR!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Last night was one of the best sporting events that I have been present for. The atmosphere in the building was great, had to have been about 65-70% NU fans. Just awesome to finally see, I have been to the beanpot almost every years since 1986. So happy to finally see it, so happy for JM. I was one of the guys on this forum that defending him back in his early days. Nobody complaining about him anymore. Lets win so more!

Comment

My recap of the Beanpot, both the game and what the win means for the University beyond just a game. I'm very proud of how this came out. Hope you all enjoy http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...hip-1988-2018/
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              My recap of the Beanpot, both the game and what the win means for the University beyond just a game. I'm very proud of how this came out. Hope you all enjoy http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...hip-1988-2018/
              nicely done & thx for the videos as well.. icing on the cake.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Zar on playing alongside Sidney Crosby.. (plus getting assist from him).. pretty special.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/as...me/c-295961022

(thx to numhockey for the link)
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I just want to say that I loved the photo your team's Twitter account posted with Jack Grinold's nameplate in front of the Beanpot. Nice touch.

Comment

• Short week after emotional Beanpot Monday. Much like UConn, we are catching UVM playing some of their best hockey.

4pts would be ideal but 2 is more likely. Anything less & there goes our 'at large' NCAA bid. We have the players to get it done.. just need to play smart 5x5 hockey with everyone doing their job. Feels good knowing there is goalie back there that gives you chance, gm in gm out.

Hoping for strong wknd & hopefully Coaches have them ready to go. Go Huskies.. stretch run!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

unrelated note.. this kid wahlstrom first commits to maine, then changes mind & commits to harvard.. now changing his mind again..
                      too many cooks..
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        unrelated note.. this kid wahlstrom first commits to maine, then changes mind & commits to harvard.. now changing his mind again..
                        too many cooks..
                        Reports are he's going to either BU or BC. Kid must like Beanpot droughts
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                          Reports are he's going to either BU or BC. Kid must like Beanpot droughts
                          ha! and all's we want is a 4pt wknd..

edit: uvm playing really well of late..no easy gms
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            too many cooks..
                            Perhaps he has suffered a common "Poison Ivy" League fate: Recruited two years before he is scheduled to arrive, the recruit hears from the Admissions Department that "Although you have worked hard and received admirable grades, you just don't fit the profile of the kind of student we are looking for". That occurs with the kind of frequency that borders on regularity. For example, last year at this time NUJ was competing with Notre Dame for Zach Solow's linemate. He had long been ticketed for Cornell.

I'm sure that no Ivy coach would over-recruit knowing that there would be some "melt" among their incoming litter. Nah. No way.

Hopefully the boy makes better and faster choices with the puck on his stick! Doesn't he know that he should come to NU if he wants to win a Beanpot?
                            Last edited by HHound; 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I just want to say that I loved the photo your team's Twitter account posted with Jack Grinold's nameplate in front of the Beanpot. Nice touch.
                              Jack was the universally recognized Dean of Boston sports information directors and the unchallenged Czar of the Beanpot press box for many years. He was highly respected by the always jaded press corps, which gave him the nickname "Five O'clock Grinold" because NU always could be counted on to be playing in the (then) 5 o'clock consolation. Times have changed.

Thanks for the comment.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Umass vs. BC giving us something to follow on this Thursday night. Let's go minutemen!

Comment

Working...
                                X