Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    No Sikura, Davies or any college players named to Team Canada. Hopefully they (and Gaud) play with a little extra chip on their shoulders the rest of the way.
    would have loved them to go... (but selfishly), am happy for our Huskies squad regardless and less disruptions hopefully lead to good things down the stretch. Go NU

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    Caught just my second Prep game of the season today. Belmont Hill @ Thayer. 4-4 Tie. NU commit Aiden McDonough had 2G, 1A. McDonough looked good all game long. One goal was a roofed backhander from in tight
    after a deke on the goalie. The second was a pinpoint wrister from about 30 feet out, just inside the far post, as the goalie was moving across to confront him. Also looking very good for Thayer was Jay O'Brien (2G 2A, PC commit). Two freshmen to watch: F Sasha Teleguine and D Nolan Hayes. Belmont Hill has no D1 commits currently, but they hung with Thayer all game. Goalie Connor Hopkins (Jr) was more than capable. Sophomore D Michael Brown has good size already (6'2, 205) and can play, too.
    It's good to hear that Aidan had a productive day. He seems to be ranked as a step behind his linemate, O'Brien. Jimmy knows him well as they both live in Milton. I expect that he'll adjust to Juniors and D! faster than Armstrong, who was productive at AOF when he had Harper to assist him. Thayer has been kind of disappointing this year. DK if they are a one line team or have a porous D.
    I saw the USHL game earlier this week. I came away with the feeling that, after an adjustment period, Tyler Madden will play more of a Sikura style game rather than a Gaudette type. I'd have been thrilled with either. I'm glad he has signed his LOI!

Blog preview of the Maine series: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...mitch-fossier/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    It's good to hear that Aidan had a productive day. He seems to be ranked as a step behind his linemate, O'Brien. Jimmy knows him well as they both live in Milton. I expect that he'll adjust to Juniors and D! faster than Armstrong, who was productive at AOF when he had Harper to assist him. Thayer has been kind of disappointing this year. DK if they are a one line team or have a porous D.
    I saw the USHL game earlier this week. I came away with the feeling that, after an adjustment period, Tyler Madden will play more of a Sikura style game rather than a Gaudette type. I'd have been thrilled with either. I'm glad he has signed his LOI!
    It was clear yesterday that O'Brien is a superior skater than McDonough. Also clear was the improvement in Aiden's game. A step faster, some good work controlling the puck in tight spaces, and worked hard on both sides of the game. Thayer's record is a bit down but off my viewing yesterday, they have 3 solid lines and 6 or 7 defenseman, too. Their goalie is well regarded but is young. It appears that he just needs time.

New goalie added to the roster, elevated from the club team. Makes me think Ruck's injury status is more serious than we thought. Was last reported he'd get re-evaluated 3 weeks from now. http://gonu.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5179&path=mhockey
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    One thing I've noticed for a few years now is that most of Maine's goals come on the counter. It's rare to see them have the puck in the zone for very long and score unless it is on the PP. For someone who likely hasn't watched Maine very much this year it was a decent preview.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Maine has always had a tough time playing at Matthews. 1 win will be difficult.....2 next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Maine has always had a tough time playing at Matthews. 1 win will be difficult.....2 next to impossible.
    Maine will win a gm this wknd. NU will have to play above & beyond to prevent that. Having said that, Go Huskies

Beanpot or Bust

NU needs to play strong every night. No let ups. Our schedule isn't exactly great the rest of the way.. To maintain our RPI where it is, we'd need to go something like 8-3-3 the rest of the way in the regular season, everything else remaining the same.

Big series. It's at home, let's make it tough for Maine to play.

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    NU needs to play strong every night. No let ups. Our schedule isn't exactly great the rest of the way.. To maintain our RPI where it is, we'd need to go something like 8-3-3 the rest of the way in the regular season, everything else remaining the same.

Big series. It's at home, let's make it tough for Maine to play.
    Merrimack fan here. Please sweep Maine. No way MC will catch NU, but Maine remains in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    One thing I've noticed for a few years now is that most of Maine's goals come on the counter. It's rare to see them have the puck in the zone for very long and score unless it is on the PP. For someone who likely hasn't watched Maine very much this year it was a decent preview.
    Thanks! I fully understand numbers don't always tell the whole story but for an audience that doesn't watch opponents on a regular basis I find it gives a good sense of what to expect.

2016 Hockey East Overlords

College Hockey Ranked has a cool feature that lets you project out the likelihood of being at various pairwise positions based on your results. It looks like we need 3 points this weekend to stay in the top 13. We've been skating by lately (tie at MC, narrow win against AIC, 3 points against Bentley) so it's time to make some moves.

I'll say it again... Swayman's not easy to score on. Unless you make him move... (which means moving the puck)... he doesn't give you a whole lot.
    Make him move & you've got your chance.

Here's hoping NU plays it smart. This ain't no Bentley or AIC match up (with due respect to those teams).
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win the Hockey East Championship.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    I'll say it again... Swayman's not easy to score on. Unless you make him move... (which means moving the puck)... he doesn't give you a whole lot.
    Make him move & you've got your chance.

Here's hoping NU plays it smart. This ain't no Bentley or AIC match up (with due respect to those teams).
    I think a split would make both teams reasonably happy. It should be a fun series between two decent teams.

Random thought, the Pats run started on a Saturday night when Maine and Northeastern were playing. Could it end the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think a split would make both teams reasonably happy. It should be a fun series between two decent teams.

Random thought, the Pats run started on a Saturday night when Maine and Northeastern were playing. Could it end the same way?
    The USCHO-Hockey East maven bloggers have spoken. Connolly has us splitting a pair of 3-1 games, While Hendrickson expect Maine to sweep. Both expect us to lose tonight. I suppose they are entitled to their misguided, poorly considered opinions.

We skate at Matthews fairly often, but tonight is my first game seeing Northeastern play at home - because our boys are featured in the Squirt intermission scrimmage! Black Bears vs. Huskies, right? Should be fun, and maybe the Crimson will have a good night without us.

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    good for him. hopefully at some point (if feasible), would be good if he could button up his education as well.

in other news... with the up & down weather forecast for Sat with the flash freeze and what not... tomorrow's 5pm NU- Maine game will be aired live on cable, on Nesn Plus for what its worth.

... and congrats to the women's team for beating a very strong, highly ranked BC squad today, 4-2.
    Whether they sweep the Eagles with another W tomorrow or not, this a good win for the program.

Men' hockey... your turn. let's go Huskies!

Thread Information