Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    Huskies did what they were supposed to do, dominate a weaker opponent. Interested to see how they do with Q in 2 weeks.
    before that.. hopefully they can put in a good effort vs RIT first (this wknd).. a team that managed to do last season what we haven't of late.. beat Bentley.. twice..
    Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      before that.. hopefully they can put in a good effort vs RIT first (this wknd).. a team that managed to do last season what we haven't of late.. beat Bentley.. twice..
      Go Huskies
      The game with RIT is their Home Opener/Homecoming/"Beanpot" type game all wrapped in one played in a 3 year old arena in front of 6,000 rabid Tiger fans clad in orange and black. That should arouse the animal spirits in the RIT players. If we take them lightly or as just another OC game, we'll find ourselves "chasing" the game. I'm sure their D will be prepared. They will have plenty of film of our offense, but I'm not sure we'll have anything on their team as they've not played a real game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
        The game with RIT is their Home Opener/Homecoming/"Beanpot" type game all wrapped in one played in a 3 year old arena in front of 6,000 rabid Tiger fans clad in orange and black. That should arouse the animal spirits in the RIT players. If we take them lightly or as just another OC game, we'll find ourselves "chasing" the game. I'm sure their D will be prepared. They will have plenty of film of our offense, but I'm not sure we'll have anything on their team as they've not played a real game yet.
        Hey NU Fans, an RIT fan here. Yes this weekend is our parent weekend known as BrickCity Weekend. The men's hockey game is played at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester home to the AHL team the Rochester Americans (Amerks). The place will likely sellout as it has for the past several years. Capacity is around 11,000. Orange T-Shirts will be given out and the place will look like a huge pumpkin patch with a large RIT student section and a very loud band. Pretty much every visiting team has found the event quite an experience for the players and fans. I hope some of you make the trip you will enjoy the atmosphere.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Hey NU Fans, an RIT fan here. Yes this weekend is our parent weekend known as BrickCity Weekend. The men's hockey game is played at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester home to the AHL team the Rochester Americans (Amerks). The place will likely sellout as it has for the past several years. Capacity is around 11,000. Orange T-Shirts will be given out and the place will look like a huge pumpkin patch with a large RIT student section and a very loud band. Pretty much every visiting team has found the event quite an experience for the players and fans. I hope some of you make the trip you will enjoy the atmosphere.
          I'll be watching on the stream but fully expect the passion and energy of the fan base to shine through the camera. This is going to be a good test for the Huskies in hostile territory.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

wow.. sounds like an awesome experience for any fan, thx.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I will be making the hour-long trip east for this one, hopefully I won't be the only NU fan there.
              Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

RIT preview: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...e-cross-arena/
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Also, according to Elliotte Friedman, Hockey Canada Olympic reps were at Matthews last season to watch Sikura. Apparently he is still very much in play for the Olympic team. The plot thickens..
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

From mar7967 in the RIT thread, free stream for Saturday. https://***********/RIT_SportsZone/s...46654271832064

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      From mar7967 in the RIT thread, free stream for Saturday. https://***********/RIT_SportsZone/s...46654271832064
                      Great!! Thanx.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Also, according to Elliotte Friedman, Hockey Canada Olympic reps were at Matthews last season to watch Sikura. Apparently he is still very much in play for the Olympic team. The plot thickens..
                        Any player going to the Olympics would definitely miss the Beanpot right? Could effect all 4 teams.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
                          I will be making the hour-long trip east for this one, hopefully I won't be the only NU fan there.
                          I'm three hours away, all set to go but work happens.
                          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

so when was the last time all y'all were 2 games into a season and still undefeated? heady times indeed
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              ..heady times indeed
                              hey, hockey gms have begun.. dont you have some young coeds to go look at ..or size up.. or whatever it is you do.. Harvey..

& Go Huskies!
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Hey, we like mookie. He's the between periods free entertainment on this board.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X