Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Did you end up creating a new account by accident?
    Maybe? But my join date didn't change...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Going to be a battle. UMB scored 15 goals last weekend. They'll be hungry to make up for two losses last year.
      The Beacons didn't get the memo

Comment

Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Now that game was much better!. Though scoreless in the first period and apparently only getting 4 shots on goal (is that really correct??), I thought Norwich really controlled the majority of the game and had much better passing and puck control than last week. Love the lines as they are right now and super impressed with the freshman. The defense could really be the NUMBER 1 in the nation and the fore check was powerful. I could be just "goal struck" right now, but I can't help being impressed. What does everybody think?
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

UMB now has 15 goals in their last three games, after being smoked by Norwich 5-0. BTW, Babson was beating Castleton UNIVERSITY 3-0 last I heard.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Couldn't watch last night, but based on the write-up it's encouraging to see a lot of contributions from the new guys. All 5 goals were scored by freshmen or sophomores? Bodes well for the future.

It's a good day to be a Norwich fan, at least to start out. Cadets play Babson in hockey at 4 and MIT in football at 5:30.
            Last edited by NU Pastime; 11-04-2017, 03:33 PM.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              UMB now has 15 goals in their last three games, after being smoked by Norwich 5-0. BTW, Babson was beating Castleton UNIVERSITY 3-0 last I heard.
              Do you mean Castleton State College?
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Formerly Castleton State Teachers College. Haven't figured out how they became a University and still part of the Vermont State College System. Johnson and Lyndonville are still colleges and part of the system. As is Randolph,(Vt Tech) I believe.
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Formerly Castleton State Teachers College. Haven't figured out how they became a University and still part of the Vermont State College System. Johnson and Lyndonville are still colleges and part of the system. As is Randolph,(Vt Tech) I believe.
                  Marketing. It's title inflation. There are several colleges that have renamed themselves as Universities.

Actually in Europe and Canada "college" means high school, and people don't "go to college", they "go to university."

Of course there are in New England a couple schools that are universities in the traditional American sense of the word that call themselves colleges - Dartmouth College and Boston College. Dartmouth is for historical reasons, and BC is because BU already took the name "University"

Comment

What just happened? With 2 minutes left, I was told I had to buy access to the video. Prez?

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      What just happened? With 2 minutes left, I was told I had to buy access to the video. Prez?
                      No clue....never heard of that.

Gotta love the way this team keeps coming on in the second and third period of every game this year.

Including the two exhibitions, Norwich has outscored its opponents 18-1 in the final 40 minutes of games....impressive streak if they keep this going. As long as they don't fall behind too much in the very slow starts they've had..it bodes well.

Another tough weekend next weekend going to Skidmore, who has given Norwich fits the last 3-4 years, as well first trip to the Cooler in Geneva vs. Hobart.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Lyndon and Johnson have combined into Nothern Vermont University
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          No clue....never heard of that.

Gotta love the way this team keeps coming on in the second and third period of every game this year.

Including the two exhibitions, Norwich has outscored its opponents 18-1 in the final 40 minutes of games....impressive streak if they keep this going. As long as they don't fall behind too much in the very slow starts they've had..it bodes well.

Another tough weekend next weekend going to Skidmore, who has given Norwich fits the last 3-4 years, as well first trip to the Cooler in Geneva vs. Hobart.
                          Cooler = Coldest ❄️☃️⛄️🌬🌨
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Perez have learned anything about the proposed Hobart skating rink to be funded by the college or town. There was talk of the project last year but haven't heard an update. Maybe some news will surface this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by cvfan View Post
                              Perez have learned anything about the proposed Hobart skating rink to be funded by the college or town. There was talk of the project last year but haven't heard an update. Maybe some news will surface this weekend.
                              A dollar and a dream. But something that needs to be done to see the continued success of the team(s). I Just find it embarrassing that you have to dress your team in two locker rooms and stand at the entrance to both room to talk to your teams. But it is what it is....see everyone Saturday (for a little bit at least).

I will send out some information about grub spots ect later in the week. Get there early and hit up some wineries. It will help keep you warm.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                                Lyndon and Johnson have combined into Nothern Vermont University
                                Is their new nickname the "Presidents"?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X