Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I know that I tend to have a tendency to look down on the ECAC - NE (or whatever they call it now), and Endicott's success last year in just missing out on the FF suggests that I need to rethink that. Salve has has historically been a really bad program, so that was definitely coloring my view of the game. Pressure is off now - no worries about going undefeated. Now the real work starts with the Boston duo coming in next weekend.

Certainly the recruiting landscape has changed a lot over the past 10 years. So many good players are out there and there are only so many spots to fill. Endicott has a nice campus and great on-campus facility and a good recruiting team, which is why they were good day one, much like Adrian was 10 years ago. In Salve's case, they have had solid recruiting the past 6 years so and beat Trinity the year after they won the championship and Endicott last year in addition to winning the ECAC Northeast a few years ago, so while they are not at the consistent caliber of the Norwich's, Hobarts, Trinity's of the world, they have made a steady climb over the last 5-6 years. In respect to campus living, Salve's campus in Newport, RI is very hard to beat, if they had a rink on campus they would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
      Certainly the recruiting landscape has changed a lot over the past 10 years. So many good players are out there and there are only so many spots to fill. Endicott has a nice campus and great on-campus facility and a good recruiting team, which is why they were good day one, much like Adrian was 10 years ago. In Salve's case, they have had solid recruiting the past 6 years so and beat Trinity the year after they won the championship and Endicott last year in addition to winning the ECAC Northeast a few years ago, so while they are not at the consistent caliber of the Norwich's, Hobarts, Trinity's of the world, they have made a steady climb over the last 5-6 years. In respect to campus living, Salve's campus in Newport, RI is very hard to beat, if they had a rink on campus they would be even better.
      I was told Norwich recruited eight of the players that are currently playing for Salve...if that gives you any idea how far the program has come.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I was told Norwich recruited eight of the players that are currently playing for Salve...if that gives you any idea how far the program has come.

And I am sure all eight of those players were talking to D1 programs at some point. D3 Hockey is very good hockey for sure

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          Are there pictures posted anywhere of the banner ceremony last night?

I've been checking the different media outlets, and while I haven't seen any pictures, I did come across this in the Times-Argus:

"Jack Billings and Evan Schmidbauer scored first-half goals for Salve Regina before Danny Eruzione extended the lead to 3-0 in the third quarter."

First-half goals? Third quarter? How do sports writers in Vermont not know basic hockey terminology?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
          The NU Alumni Monthly email said it was on our Facebook page, but I haven't checked it.

NU56
          Old Member
          Maybe the Oldest

Comment

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d0&oe=5A780E9C
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                nice
                Indeed. Thanks Prez!
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know I'm lurking. Been quite busy!

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                    Just wanted to let you all know I'm lurking. Been quite busy!
                    Your posts have all disappeared?!
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Your posts have all disappeared?!
                      And my name changed! Hmmm...

Comment

sounds like Fake News

Comment

Game Day! Hope that crowd last week wasn't just there for the banner ceremony. Should be a fantastic weekend of hockey, Go Norwich!

Comment

Tim Costello has Norwich winning tonight 4-3. Any comments from the younger, but more experienced members? Sorry I missed anybody looking for me after the Homecoming parade.

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                              Tim Costello has Norwich winning tonight 4-3. Any comments from the younger, but more experienced members? Sorry I missed anybody looking for me after the Homecoming parade.
                              Going to be a battle. UMB scored 15 goals last weekend. They'll be hungry to make up for two losses last year.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Did you end up creating a new account by accident?
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X