Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nujack View Post
    Was if Ostepchuk or Aubrun? Did they slip in Ostepchuk after the empty netter while I wasn't looking?
    It was Aubrun. I don’t have a problem with the stick slam. Sal’s weaknesses have been discussed at length, so all I’ll say is there’s a reason he isn’t wearing the “C”. He’s a good kid off the ice, so I hope he can mature emotionally sooner rather than later.

Speaking of Aubrun...he is a STUD.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Yes, Aubrun played well... and I didn't mind the stick slaming at the end of the game much but I did notice it and raised my eyebrows.... very un-Norwich like but probably just a bit of frustration. Not something we want the younger players in the stands to see... do it in the tunnel or behind closed doors if you must.... or preferably not at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        It was Aubrun. I don’t have a problem with the stick slam. Sal’s weaknesses have been discussed at length, so all I’ll say is there’s a reason he isn’t wearing the “C”. He’s a good kid off the ice, so I hope he can mature emotionally sooner rather than later.

Speaking of Aubrun...he is a STUD.
        Hobart's goalie put on a clinic, but Aubrun arguably made the more impressive saves. He might like to have that first goal back (off another turnover inside the defensive zone, of course), but he was left out to dry on that second one. Three Norwich players behind the net and a lonely Statesman standing in front of the goal unchallenged.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
          Whole team looked extremely rattled in the third period. The Salvucci penalty, unnecessary scuffles, even Ostepchuk slamming his goalie stick and nearly breaking it as time expired. I'm not one to judge emotional players normally, but doesn't show what I'd expect from a Mike McShane-coached team. Especially at a military school.
          The salvucci penalty was extremely bad. We all agree. A stick slam is nothing. Even got trolls on uscho I see, back to under your bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
            The salvucci penalty was extremely bad. We all agree. A stick slam is nothing. Even got trolls on uscho I see, back to under your bridge.
            The stick slam was frustration. Salvucci's actions were inexcusable
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
              Whole team looked extremely rattled in the third period. The Salvucci penalty, unnecessary scuffles, even Ostepchuk slamming his goalie stick and nearly breaking it as time expired. I'm not one to judge emotional players normally, but doesn't show what I'd expect from a Mike McShane-coached team. Especially at a military school.

Comment

• We have been playing a very, very good team that deserves to represent NEHC in the NCAA playoffs. I wish them well. As for NU, last weekend we caught a glimpse of next years crop of sophomores who will lead what should be a strong offense. Tonight Tommy Aubrun proved he's ready to step into goal to anchor defense. As for Kevin...what a sad way to end an otherwise great career.

BTW...we still have NU hockey contenders for an NCAA crown. I watched the NU women shut down UMass Boston today as they move in to the NCAA playoffs. Loaded with talent...they deserve our support. Go Cadets
                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                  We have been playing a very, very good team that deserves to represent NEHC in the NCAA playoffs. I wish them well. As for NU, last weekend we caught a glimpse of next years crop of sophomores who will lead what should be a strong offense. Tonight Tommy Aubrun proved he's ready to step into goal to anchor defense. As for Kevin...what a sad way to end an otherwise great career.

BTW...we still have NU hockey contenders for an NCAA crown. I watched the NU women shut down UMass Boston today as they move in to the NCAA playoffs. Loaded with talent...they deserve our support. Go Cadets
                  Amen, sir. I’ve been spending my weekends watching both teams. The ladies may win the whole thing. There’s a strong possibility that the women’s final four will be at Kreitzberg too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                    We have been playing a very, very good team that deserves to represent NEHC in the NCAA playoffs. I wish them well. As for NU, last weekend we caught a glimpse of next years crop of sophomores who will lead what should be a strong offense. Tonight Tommy Aubrun proved he's ready to step into goal to anchor defense. As for Kevin...what a sad way to end an otherwise great career.

Mark has a very good team ranked #1 in the East. They should get the #1 seed in the East, and exactly how the bracket breaks down is anybody's guess. It's possible they will host a playin game between the two lowest seeds in the East on Friday and play the winner of that game on Saturday. If the playin game goes west, NU would face the lowest seed in the East on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                      As for NU, last weekend we caught a glimpse of next years crop of sophomores who will lead what should be a strong offense. Tonight Tommy Aubrun proved he's ready to step into goal to anchor defense. As for Kevin...what a sad way to end an otherwise great career.
                      Agree Downs is good but I wouldn't read too much into the 5 freshmen scoring against UMASS. There is work to do up front. The UMASS goalie fell apart after an 8-1 start. They rank in the bottom of the conference in net.

Comment

It is frustrating to have the season end short of the Conference title, the NCAA berth, and the 20 win plateau. But 19-7-2 with this young a team ain't chopped liver! Downs is a great piece to build around. The other frosh and sophomores had strong years and the recruiting trail looks promising.
                        Good luck to Hobart ... the better team ... at least THIS year.
                        And finally kudos to the fans ... the crowds were great all three tournament weekends topped off by a crowd tonight that was the biggest at Kreitzberg in five or six years. AND THEY WERE LOUD! ... all the way down until the empty netter.
                        My 20th season ... our 20th at Kreitzberg ... can't wait for 21!

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          It is frustrating to have the season end short of the Conference title, the NCAA berth, and the 20 win plateau. But 19-7-2 with this young a team ain't chopped liver! Downs is a great piece to build around. The other frosh and sophomores had strong years and the recruiting trail looks promising.
                          Good luck to Hobart ... the better team ... at least THIS year.
                          And finally kudos to the fans ... the crowds were great all three tournament weekends topped off by a crowd tonight that was the biggest at Kreitzberg in five or six years. AND THEY WERE LOUD! ... all the way down until the empty netter.
                          My 20th season ... our 20th at Kreitzberg ... can't wait for 21!
                          Amen to that George. Thanks for another year doing all you do for us. Been listening to you call Norwich games since I was about 10 years old. You are indeed part of this tradition and a huge asset to the hockey community here. Was a fun season, sad to see it end and I sure as hell wanted to see that crowd erupt from a goal...next year guys!

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                            Amen to that George. Thanks for another year doing all you do for us. Been listening to you call Norwich games since I was about 10 years old. You are indeed part of this tradition and a huge asset to the hockey community here. Was a fun season, sad to see it end and I sure as hell wanted to see that crowd erupt from a goal...next year guys!
                            Agreed. Really great that we have a talent like George to keep us up on the NU Hockey program. Realistically, with all the turnover from the championship season, what this years team did was special. No whining, fans. Hobart won fair and square, and good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Agreed. Really great that we have a talent like George to keep us up on the NU Hockey program. Realistically, with all the turnover from the championship season, what this years team did was special. No whining, fans. Hobart won fair and square, and good luck to them.
                              Amen to George also. I am proud of our young team, great effort and a good season, especially since they are so young. However, not so proud of Salvucci's actions at the end of the game. No place for that at any time. Observing from afar (streaming the games out here in Colorado) I would say his actions were not a surprise. His influence on the team will not be missed next year. Too bad, a talented player, leaving the wrong legacy. I look forward to next year and to following the ladies the rest of this season. As others have said, thank you George, it is a pleasure listening to your professional broadcast of the games.

Comment

I also tip my hat to George. You have quite the treasure over there. I much prefer to tune in to the Norwich broadcast when the Cadets play Middlebury if I cannot get to the game, as he gives a very thoughtful, balanced, and knowledgeable presentation. Very professional and insightful. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X