Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

I agree Coby is talented, best out of this years class? What happened to Ian Williams?

Comment

• Originally posted by nascoo View Post
      I agree Coby is talented, best out of this years class? What happened to Ian Williams?
      I don’t know what happened to Ian Williams, but I hope someone can tell you. Since you asked twice in three minutes, I’m guessing you really want to know!

Just busting your chops 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by nascoo View Post
        Been battling injuries and sickness all year.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I hate having to "only" get one point to secure home ice. If Norwich wants an extended season they need to play playoff hockey from this point forward. I sure miss the 6 or 7 goals that we used to put up with regularity in past seasons.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            I sure miss the 6 or 7 goals that we used to put up with regularity in past seasons.
            Don't sound like an Oswego fan
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Don't sound like an Oswego fan
              bygone era

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                bygone era
                So they all graduated and went on to other things? That was the culture on the Oswego threads for quite a while. (We only won 3-1 against ... horrible performance change ...)

I am more of the opinion that not allowing goals is the better way to win. If you keep the puck out of the net, it is hard to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  bygone era
                  D3 is becoming more competative. Very few gimmes any more !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    thanks for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      As they use to say about the NFL, e.g. On any Sunday the best can be beaten by the worst team. I now fear a Southern Maine or NEC as much as any other team in our Conference. Tonight against Hobart is a must if only for psychological reasons and to prove we are able to beat anyone in the NEHC. Go get 'em Cadets.
                      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                        As they use to say about the NFL, e.g. On any Sunday the best can be beaten by the worst team. I now fear a Southern Maine or NEC as much as any other team in our Conference. Tonight against Hobart is a must if only for psychological reasons and to prove we are able to beat anyone in the NEHC. Go get 'em Cadets.
                        Off to a good start

I guess the question is whether this is because the lesser teams have stepped up or if the talent has become diluted to the extent that the top teams are having a harder time recruiting dominant teams.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Off to a good start

I guess the question is whether this is because the lesser teams have stepped up or if the talent has become diluted to the extent that the top teams are having a harder time recruiting dominant teams.
                          You posted a bit too soon... its been all downhill since 1-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Off to a good start

I guess its a combination of both plus we seem to seeing more DI players who are looking for more ice time dropping down to DIII. Hobart has a kid from St. Lawrence and NU with two from Air Force. Meanwhile, at the end of the 2nd we went from a solid team effort to a disaster. Hope we can do something in he 3rd to at least tie up this game. No doubt Hobart is organized, disciplined and playing their game. Go Norwich...
                            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

While we'll still probably get home ice, do we want it?

Prez pointed out before the record at Kreitzberg v the record on the road. And with against Hobart it's 0-0-1 @Hobart (with NU carrying the play) and 0-2 @Kreitzberg.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Every lead pass was just out of reach...passes bounced over Cadet sticks...clears were weak and went right onto Hobart sticks...Cadets couldn’t get good wood on juicy rebounds...it just felt like it wasn’t meant to be tonight...

I felt like Norwich left at least 5 goals on the ice tonight...

On the second goal, I immediately said there was no way it went in. The angle coming off was wrong. Talked to the goal judge after the game (light never went on) and he said it absolutely did not go in but official never even looked at him. I thought for sure they were gonna wave it off, but it stood. To me, that was critical.

Oh well. A missed opportunity for sure. Gotta come out flying tomorrow. Given the results this year, going on the road might not be the worst thing in the world...

Comment

Working...
                                X