Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

After Salvucci got chased, the team finally started to play as if the game was important.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
      After Salvucci got chased, the team finally started to play as if the game was important.
      I don’t normally comment, but that is another selfish play. I don’t think he is needed on the ice that badly. Time to move on
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

I agree Jerry, but at least the team finally decided that they needed to win this one.
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Good win. Will be interesting to see what, if anything, Coach McShane does with Salvucci

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            I agree Jerry, but at least the team finally decided that they needed to win this one.
            Yes, they picked it up the rest of the game. And they need to continue.
            Glad they killed that penalty, but already down a d-man for the game, and he does that?
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

I never thought I would see Salvucci act the way he has this season. He has always been a physical player but this season he has major anger control issues! His temper tantrum leaving the bench from a game earlier this season and now the slashing after the whistle? I am sure McShane will sit him for one more game this weekend. I almost wonder if he is deserving of the A on his chest because he is not supporting his team by forcing them to kill 5 minute majors or sitting in the stands. I am embarrassed as a fan by the way he acted and even though he was provoked, a better revenge would be to score or assist on a goal instead of playing goon hockey. Have some Norwich Pride man, and get back to smart hockey.
              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

An afterthought to the above post. Plattsburgh was playing very rough and baited Norwich repeatedly, pushing after the whistle, no call high sticks to the head and neck (I saw at least two) and holding the players on the ice after a hit, to say the least. But that is Plattsburgh. The refs should have cut this behavior in the bud during the first period. Again though, it does not justify Salvucci's behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  An afterthought to the above post. Plattsburgh was playing very rough and baited Norwich repeatedly, pushing after the whistle, no call high sticks to the head and neck (I saw at least two) and holding the players on the ice after a hit, to say the least. But that is Plattsburgh. The refs should have cut this behavior in the bud during the first period. Again though, it does not justify Salvucci's behavior.
                  Definitely agree here. No excuse for Salvucci and a rightful game misconduct but the refs lost control of this game well before that. There’s a difference between letting them play and allowing for goon hockey and D3 refs are flirting with that line.

I hope salvucci can get his anger in check because I love to watch him play.

Comment

I too like to see him play, he has so much potential. Hope he realizes this before the end of this season.

Comment

A decade ago, I attended a St. Anslem's game. A Cadet player took a cheap shot at an opponent that all the refs missed. McShane saw it and when the kid came in from his shift, the coach sat him down...for the rest of the game. A current player and I discussed the issue recently and he told me that McShane is tough as nails regarding penalties.

The one stat I've always look at is penalty minutes and over the years our kids have always been among the lowest in DIII. Right now just among teams in the NEHC we are in the middle of the pack--averaging over 11 penalty minutes a game. As I see it that means we are playing shorthanded and on defense for over half a period every game. This must change...and McShane will address it. BTY...for a team that is 10-10 Plattsburgh gave us another great game. I was surprised when I heard Puck Voice say that the Cardinals have scored 8 short handed goals so far this season.
                      Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 01-30-2018, 11:26 PM.
                      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                        A decade ago, I attended a St. Anslem's game. A Cadet player took a cheap shot at an opponent that all the refs missed. McShane saw it and when the kid came in from his shift, the coach sat him down...for the rest of the game. A current player and I discussed the issue recently and he told me that McShane is tough as nails regarding penalties.

The one stat I've always look at is penalty minutes and over the years our kids have always been among the lowest in DIII. Right now just among teams in the NEHC we are in the middle of the pack--averaging over 11 penalty minutes a game. As I see it that means we are playing shorthanded and on defense for over half a period every game. This must change...and McShane will address it. BTY...for a team that is 10-10 Plattsburgh gave us another great game. I was surprised when I heard Puck Voice say that the Cardinals have scored 8 short handed goals so far this season.
                        The only thing consistent with Plattsburgh is being inconsistent. Especially in net.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

William Pelletier has agreed to a contract extension with the AHL's Rockford Ice Hogs! He has seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points in 45 games played with Chicago's top affiliate this year. He ranks second on the team in +/- rating.

http://www.icehogs.com/news/?article_id=6002
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            William Pelletier has agreed to a contract extension with the AHL's Rockford Ice Hogs! He has seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points in 45 games played with Chicago's top affiliate this year. He ranks second on the team in +/- rating.

http://www.icehogs.com/news/?article_id=6002
                            cant beat that with a beating machine,nice job

Comment

Cadets gain a point with Babson tying Hobart.

Statesmen have UMB, who just lost to Skidmore in OT, tomorrow night. Beacons can either deflate or come out firing.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Just returned from the USM game...another cliff hanger. The boys certainly fired enough shots off (32) but only scored twice...but enough for the win. I cannot recall a game where we got off as many "almost goals" only to miss by inches...including a late minute attempt at an empty netter. We managed, for the most part, to stay out of "the box"...no doubt due to some McShane's remedial after practice coaching this past week. Obviously USM didn't get the memo and gooned it up...including a five minute major. I maybe wrong but it seems that all the games have had more rough stuff this season than I can ever recall. I also can't recall as aggressive forechecking by Norwich than what we've seen this season. BTY... I was told this was the USM goalie's first game...he did a superb job.

As I said earlier I sense the NU team is really coming together...I just wish we'd see a few more insurance goals rather than these 1 goal wins. I guess Skidmore brought their best game to UMass tonight...thank you ponies. And neither Babson or Hobart got much out of their game. It is clear that USM...Skidmore...and NEC....even with their current records are not to be taken lightly. We still have a lot of work ahead to bring the Conference Championship back home to Northfield.
                                Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 02-02-2018, 11:22 PM.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X