Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

You need to listen to George Commo and synch the away broadcast, a lot more enjoyable than listening to to homers from the other teams.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
      You need to listen to George Commo and synch the away broadcast, a lot more enjoyable than listening to to homers from the other teams.
      I actually thought he was pretty good. He just didn’t like Salvucci’s antics. Some of his gripes we justified, as Kevin if definitely the agitator in the lineup. The highlight was when he said “Salvucci is going full Razor Ramon” (former WWE “heel”). 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        I actually thought he was pretty good. He just didn’t like Salvucci’s antics. Some of his gripes we justified, as Kevin if definitely the agitator in the lineup. The highlight was when he said “Salvucci is going full Razor Ramon” (former WWE “heel”). 😂
        ...yet the dirty hit at the end of the second was ‘we will have to see, that might be a penalty.’

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          3 of the 4 forwards are back tonight.
          four goals and six points combined from the three players back in the lineup tonight. Good sign to see the team getting healthier and coming up with a big two points. Gives them breathing room for tomorrow's matchup vs. UMB.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            four goals and six points combined from the three players back in the lineup tonight. Good sign to see the team getting healthier and coming up with a big two points. Gives them breathing room for tomorrow's matchup vs. UMB.
            Was great to have them back! UMB will be ready, our home game against them was one of the best games I’ve seen this team play. They will need that game again today, let’s do this!

Comment

Another big win. I predicted a sweep (unfortunately not on here!), believed in a sweep, and got a sweep.

Big weekend for the boys.

Comment

• Big step towards getting home ice for the playoffs this weekend. What a game today vs. the Beacons in a tough place to get wins.

Four games left to play in league now and three points up on 2nd place Hobart.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Big step towards getting home ice for the playoffs this weekend. What a game today vs. the Beacons in a tough place to get wins.

Four games left to play in league now and three points up on 2nd place Hobart.
                  And thus the magic number is 6. Norwich finishes ahead of Hobart with any combo of points gained by NU and lost by Hobart totaling 6.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Had a chance to be in Boston for both games. A great weekend with this observation. Clearly, playing with the three Cadets who missed the Hobart game made a huge difference. However, Friday night at Babson I also cannot recall a Babson/NU game that was as aggressive by both teams. Both sides really went after each other. Saturday's UMass game in their barn was its usual head bangers ball but again the Cadets did not back down from any of the Beacon’s usual intimidation. Had the game not been as tight with one team leading by more than a goal--it might have turned into a brawl

Overall, this NU team seems to have made a huge step in the last few games by translating their individual talents into a team. Going forward, Hobart is still a worry and the USM team I saw here in Maine a few weeks back (and we play next Friday night) only lost that first game on a NU power play goal halfway through the 3rd period. There isn't an NEHC team that wouldn't love to spoil our hopes but we seem to be at the perfect place to bring the playoffs back to where they belong—in Northfield. Go get em Cadets.
                    Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 01-28-2018, 12:39 PM.
                    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Maybe playing away from Kreitzberg Arena won't necessarily be a bad thing for Norwich this season if they have to go on the road for the playoffs...

NU is 7-0-1 on the road and 7-4-0 at home.

Unbeaten in 16 straight, 13-0-3 in true road games with last loss coming to Skidmore on Nov. 18, 2016.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Thoughts about the 4 losses at home:
                        Banner Raising - Ugh, just a tough night for all emotionally!
                        NEC - outshot them 42-22, boys still finding their new teammates
                        UNE - outshot them 42-18 dominated them - hot goalie on a super hot streak.
                        Hobart - 3 high scoring forwards out of the lineup, tough go of it but we had our chances
                        It feels like this weekends sweep has the boys believing in each other, making plays and scoring when needed... like last year. That was a couple tough games on small ice. Last year when they lost to Skidmore after giving up 2 in the last 3 minutes and then losing in overtime, they pumped out 9 straight wins and then went on "the run". That loss was a turning point in the season. I think this sweep is a turning point! This is from a totally biased players dad though.

We'll see how tomorrow night goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
                          Hobart - 3 high scoring forwards out of the lineup, tough go of it but we had our chances
                          It feels like this weekends sweep has the boys believing in each other, making plays and scoring when needed... like last year. That was a couple tough games on small ice. Last year when they lost to Skidmore after giving up 2 in the last 3 minutes and then losing in overtime, they pumped out 9 straight wins and then went on "the run". That loss was a turning point in the season. I think this sweep is a turning point! This is from a totally biased players dad though.

Can't disagree with any of this.

Welcome to the board! We're happy your son is here. He's been a welcome addition and was a big part last year's playoff run.

Tomorrow is a tricky one. Plattsburgh beat NU earlier this year so this team will have that bad taste in their mouth. Plattsburgh has been a jeckyl and hyde team the last few years beating some of the top teams and then losing some head scratchers. I'm sure the Cardinals will be fired up to have their head coach back behind the bench for the first time in three games.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post

Couldn't agree more...I guess I have the same bias as a players dad haha. Hoping for a strong game tonight back at Kreitzberg. Students back, mild temps, no snow (from what I can tell)....can we pack the place PLEASE?

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                              Couldn't agree more...I guess I have the same bias as a players dad haha. Hoping for a strong game tonight back at Kreitzberg. Students back, mild temps, no snow (from what I can tell)....can we pack the place PLEASE?
                              Tuesday nights are tough. Definitely having some students show up will help.

I’ll guess around 1000 tonight.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Seems that the team is not too interested in this game; not in conference, rivalry is going south, save it for conference foes. Coach better put a fire under their asses. Getting used to losing is a terrible thing.
                                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Working...
                                X