Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Did anybody else totally lose the NSN feed last night? It just spun for me for about 10 minutes, and when I closed NSN out and came back it still did not work.
    Mine was fine for the entire game

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Well, I did see todays game - still a lot of work to do. Hobart is a quality opponent, but getting outshot 14- 5 in the first period is not a good recipe for winning. The boys have to keep learning. Fortunately UMB and Babson did not have great weekends either, so the league lead is intact.
      Last edited by NUProf; 01-20-2018, 09:56 PM.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Well, I did see todays game - still a lot of work to do. Hobart is a quality opponent, but getting outshot 14- 5 in the first period is not a good recipe for winning. The boys have to keep learning. Fortunately UMB and Babson did not have great weekends either, so the league lead is intact.
        Hobart played well and NU was missing four forwards. I’d like to see the 3rd game with both teams healthy.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Hobart played well and NU was missing four forwards. I’d like to see the 3rd game with both teams healthy.
          +1

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Yes! Had to keep reminding myself this last night. Cadets battled hard through the game and didn’t give up which was heartening to see. Had some nice penalty kills and big O had one of the best saves of his career. Hope we can get a highlight of that somewhere. Looking forward to the next Hobart game when we can show them what our full squad can do. Thank you NEC and Southern Maine for the slight cushion still!

Comment

Big weekend with what is historically the toughest road trip of the season. The Cadets have a chance to, with a sweep, make it a two-horse race with Hobart down the stretch.

UMB worries me since they were blown out in Kreitzberg early in the season. I doubt McShane will let the boys overlook them, but no doubt they're looking to make a statement. And while Babson put up a fight at Krwitzberg, they have been really inconsistent this season. They have some great wins and some bad losses. But I expect they'll show up to play as usual.

Edit: Also, what's the injury status?
              Last edited by NU Pastime; 01-25-2018, 10:50 AM.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                Big weekend with what is historically the toughest road trip of the season. The Cadets have a chance to, with a sweep, make it a two-horse race with Hobart down the stretch.

UMB worries me since they were blown out in Kreitzberg early in the season. I doubt McShane will let the boys overlook them, but no doubt they're looking to make a statement. And while Babson put up a fight at Krwitzberg, they have been really inconsistent this season. They have some great wins and some bad losses. But I expect they'll show up to play as usual.

Edit: Also, what's the injury status?
                Good chance a few of the boys are back this weekend. Not all I believe though.

Certainly a tough weekend. Hoping for 2 points, anything better is gravy for me.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Good chance a few of the boys are back this weekend. Not all I believe though.

Certainly a tough weekend. Hoping for 2 points, anything better is gravy for me.
                  If only two need to beat Babo
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Josh Vertenes via USPHL 5'9" 175lbs forward...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Josh Vertenes via USPHL 5'9" 175lbs forward...
                      3 of the 4 forwards are back tonight.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

...well you don’t see that from Babson often

Comment

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen this many pucks go out of play in a single game

Comment

Guess salvucci just needed to sit for a few games.

Comment

Big win

Man, the Babson play by play guy DOES NOT like Salvucci. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                                Big win

Man, the Babson play by play guy DOES NOT like Salvucci. Haha.
                                Had to turn it on silent long before I could hear that 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X