Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    I find it hard to believe Castleton did not generate a shot on goal in any of the overtime sessions. Who tracks shots at NU? Helen Keller?
    How’d you know?! And somehow I was still convinced the puck was gonna find its way into the Norwich net...seemed like one of those games. Was there at the game and if there was a shot it wasn’t a memorable one...then again...not many were in this game. But I’ll take that last shot any day

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      I know it is they way it is, but I think teams should have to qualify for the playoffs. Letting a team that finishes last in the regular season participate in the league championship tournament seems wrong to me. I know NU won this time, but I still remember that UMB debacle.
      A conference “playoff” where everyone makes it is no kind of playoff at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
        I find it hard to believe Castleton did not generate a shot on goal in any of the overtime sessions. Who tracks shots at NU? Helen Keller?
        You probably should’ve watched the game then

Comment

I know it is they way it is, but I think teams should have to qualify for the playoffs. Letting a team that finishes last in the regular season participate in the league championship tournament seems wrong to me. I know NU won this time, but I still remember that UMB debacle.
          This will be the last year of that. Next year it will be 8 of 10 like it used to be.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
            A conference “playoff” where everyone makes it is no kind of playoff at all.
            Only the top six make the playoffs in SUNYAC. 3- 6 play a quarter final round and the 1-2 host the semis. Earning the last playoff spots almost always comes down to the last night of the regular season.
            Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-18-2018, 08:55 AM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Only the top six make the playoffs in SUNYAC. 3- 6 play a quarter final round and the 1-2 host the semis. Earning the last playoff spots almost always comes down to the last night of the regular season.
              Much better. Maybe I’m greedy, but I’d love to see just the top 4 get in. Play a conference “final four” at the top seed’s rink Friday/Saturday. Wrap up the whole thing in one weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                Much better. Maybe I’m greedy, but I’d love to see just the top 4 get in. Play a conference “final four” at the top seed’s rink Friday/Saturday. Wrap up the whole thing in one weekend.
                6 has been deemed to Give the #1 the easiest route to the final (most times)

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  This will be the last year of that. Next year it will be 8 of 10 like it used to be.
                  The "used to be" was 8 out of 8, because St. Mikes, and St Anselm were excluded.

In the days of the old 20 team ECAC East, 10 teams made the playoffs, but NESCAC teams could decline, because they couldn't play in both the NCAA and ECAC playoffs.
                  I'd rather see something like the SUNYAC system.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The "used to be" was 8 out of 8, because St. Mikes, and St Anselm were excluded.

In the days of the old 20 team ECAC East, 10 teams made the playoffs, but NESCAC teams could decline, because they couldn't play in both the NCAA and ECAC playoffs.
                    Good point. Brain fart there. Was also thinking about the women too as at least one or two of the women’s teams were left out once the non-Division III teams were pulled out.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Good point. Brain fart there. Was also thinking about the women too as at least one or two of the women’s teams were left out once the non-Division III teams were pulled out.
                      The SUNYAC system almost makes it like pre-playofs the last couple games of the season and every game has meaning.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        The SUNYAC system almost makes it like pre-playofs the last couple games of the season and every game has meaning.
                        Don’t hate it at all. Certainly gives more meaning and it rewards the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds with byes.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

The bottom 2 of the NEHC & NESCAC should play a weekend NIT
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The bottom 2 of the NEHC & NESCAC should play a weekend NIT
                            Never happen - one of those teams might be Castleton.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Never happen - one of those teams might be Castleton.
                              Castleton will join the LEC hockey conference when it forms and the NEHC will take in fellow GNAC member Anna Maria as Castleton's replacement.

So, no problem!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. This year has not been a stellar year. We will need a "given night" if we have to play the buzz saw of Hobart again. They seem to have stolen NU play book.

Comment

Working...
                                X