Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930
Results 581 to 592 of 592

Thread: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

  1. #581
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    What does the roster size look like right now? Most incoming coaches honor the old coach's recruits. If he recruits more, that could send a negative signal, particularly if the expected roster is ~25 or so.
    It hasnt hurt other teams who do this...if he has the option of a potential star following him and a 4th line in and out of the line up guy....this is DIII where there is little to no transfer rules/consequences

  2. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    My first interview with new Coach Cam Ellsworth on "Score" on WDEV Radio tonight .. 9 PM
    Are these archived anywhere?

  3. #583
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    What I am watching for is to see if Coach brings in a few more recruits, guys UML looked at and for whatever season didn't sign and are still available. He still has a month before the start of school and doesn't seem like the type of coach who will stand pat.
    I believe (not positive) that the roster is currently full. Donít quote me.

  4. #584
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I believe (not positive) that the roster is currently full. Donít quote me.
    Heard Dillinger will rejoin the team or at least try out. Any truth?

  5. #585

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Heard Dillinger will rejoin the team or at least try out. Any truth?
    Melvin Purvis may have a thing to say about that.

  6. #586
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Melvin Purvis may have a thing to say about that.
    Clever, but I was thinking about his great grandson, Trent.

  7. #587

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,448

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Anyone notice that since he got married, Prez's post count is way down?

  8. #588
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Maybe my aging eyes just missed it somehow but has anyone else noticed that USCHO has not run a story on either McShane's reitrement or Ellsworth's hiring? What to hey is with that?

  9. #589
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,596

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Maybe my aging eyes just missed it somehow but has anyone else noticed that USCHO has not run a story on either McShane's reitrement or Ellsworth's hiring? What to hey is with that?
    Retirement story is on the DII/DIII page and was dated June 15. As for the new hire *crickets* (but they did have a story about "Big Al" hiring the UVM assistant, Wallach).
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  10. #590
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Retirement story is on the DII/DIII page and was dated June 15. As for the new hire *crickets* (but they did have a story about "Big Al" hiring the UVM assistant, Wallach).
    Missed the McShane story ... as to Ellsworth you have to wonder how they missed the departure of Lowell's Associate Head Coach.

  11. #591

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,448
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Missed the McShane story ... as to Ellsworth you have to wonder how they missed the departure of Lowell's Associate Head Coach.
    A lot of people miss Lowell on the drive to Nashua (and points north).

  12. #592
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    560

    Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

    New coach, full roster, and the kids here in El Paso are back to school as of today (absurd, I know). Time for a new thread?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •