Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Interesting...I exclusively use chrome for NSN and had had next to no issues ever.
    I also use Chrome with no issues. Occasionally, I use Safari if I have my wife’s MacBook, no real issues there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Interesting...I exclusively use chrome for NSN and had had next to no issues ever.
      Chrome works fine on my phone.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I like hockey. And I like NU's chances this Saturday.
        I echo that sentiment...and to assure an international audience...I've come down to Mexico (on the fun side of the Wall)...to watch the game with Juan and Jose...who just love it when Puck Voice screams....GOALLLLLLLL! Seriously, this team is giving us a great ride...and good luck going forward against "Camp HoHo" (a.k.a their version of "Wick" to the Hobart alum in my family).
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Time for a goal! Need a win to have a chance to defend the crown! Let's go, Norwich!

Comment

What a tense game.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

And so it ends. If you get 4 shots at a team during the season and the best you get is a tie, that's a pretty clear signal that they are the better team. It was a good run, and there's no excuse. Hobart was the better team - deserves the NEHC title. Congrats to them.

Comment

As an Oswego student I've seen a good amount of Norwich but not a ton. I've seen a lot of comments here about Salvucci's antics and his attitude. He had a terrible penalty at the end of the game on Hobart's Jonas Toupal after the empty net goal that earned him a five-minute major. IN HIS LAST GAME. What's the deal with him?

Comment

Congrats to Hobart. Winning three times in a season in Kreitzberg is one helluva accomplishment. Hopefully this young Norwich team learns and grows from it.

And as a sidenote, Salvucci's hit at the end is possibly one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. A shameful end to a great career.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                    As an Oswego student I've seen a good amount of Norwich but not a ton. I've seen a lot of comments here about Salvucci's antics and his attitude. He had a terrible penalty at the end of the game on Hobart's Jonas Toupal after the empty net goal that earned him a five-minute major. IN HIS LAST GAME. What's the deal with him?
                    He cannot control his emotions. Teams know that and use it against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                      He cannot control his emotions. Teams know that and use it against him.
                      Is he commissioning? Because his temper has been embarrassing for the program this year, but big picture wise it could cause him some serious problems going forward if he doesn't get it under control (speaking as someone who had a terrible competitive temper as well).
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Whole team looked extremely rattled in the third period. The Salvucci penalty, unnecessary scuffles, even Ostepchuk slamming his goalie stick and nearly breaking it as time expired. I'm not one to judge emotional players normally, but doesn't show what I'd expect from a Mike McShane-coached team. Especially at a military school.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                          Don't understand that at all. Up until this year, he seemed to be pretty level headed. You don't get a letter on your sweater on a McShane coached team without having demonstrated good leadership in the prior seasons. Since I have been away from Norwich long enough, I don't have a lot of insight into this young man, but some of his antics in the last few games are not flattering

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            And so it ends. If you get 4 shots at a team during the season and the best you get is a tie, that's a pretty clear signal that they are the better team. It was a good run, and there's no excuse. Hobart was the better team - deserves the NEHC title. Congrats to them.
                            +1 Well done by them and well deserved. That Hobart goalie was lights out. Very disappointed with Kevin Salvucci's poor sportsmanship, both in general this season and at the cheap shot at the end of this game.... too bad ... a talented kid that needs to learn to control his emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                              Whole team looked extremely rattled in the third period. The Salvucci penalty, unnecessary scuffles, even Ostepchuk slamming his goalie stick and nearly breaking it as time expired. I'm not one to judge emotional players normally, but doesn't show what I'd expect from a Mike McShane-coached team. Especially at a military school.
                              Was if Ostepchuk or Aubrun? Did they slip in Ostepchuk after the empty netter while I wasn't looking?

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                                +1 Well done by them and well deserved. That Hobart goalie was lights out. Very disappointed with Kevin Salvucci's poor sportsmanship, both in general this season and at the cheap shot at the end of this game.... too bad ... a talented kid that needs to learn to control his emotions.
                                When you lose fair and square, you take it with class and congratulate the winners. That is one of the basic lessons one hopes that college (university) athletics should teach to participants. I'm very disappointed in his behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X