Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I don't know enough to speculate. But we can talk broadly. So McShane was a former DI head coach before coming to Norwich. I don't think anyone would make that move today, but an assistant very well could if the pay is there (which I hear it is). Do we think that they'd prefer to pull someone with DIII coaching experience or pull someone from a DI coaching staff if possible? What other routes are there that they might look at?
    Don’t forget, Coach McShane wasn’t coaching immediately before coming to Norwich; he was consulting for Ottawa. A D1 head guy in a similar situation might consider it (for example, someone like a Tim Whitehead*).

I’m guessing we end up with either a current D3 Head Coach or a D1 Assistant.

*I realize Whitehead is currently coaching at KUA
    Last edited by KrbFlint; 07-01-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      I don't know enough to speculate. But we can talk broadly. So McShane was a former DI head coach before coming to Norwich. I don't think anyone would make that move today, but an assistant very well could if the pay is there (which I hear it is). Do we think that they'd prefer to pull someone with DIII coaching experience or pull someone from a DI coaching staff if possible? What other routes are there that they might look at?
      I remember the reaction when we got McShane to come to NU. It was like "We got McShane? Seriously? Why does he want to come to Norwich? He won't stay very long." That was a hire of a lifetime. Because of the reputation that Norwich hockey has developed, I hope we can get lucky again - but I don't want Krug. As was once said by kashmunnie EOM.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        I remember the reaction when we got McShane to come to NU. It was like "We got McShane? Seriously? Why does he want to come to Norwich? He won't stay very long." That was a hire of a lifetime. Because of the reputation that Norwich hockey has developed, I hope we can get lucky again - but I don't want Krug. As was once said by kashmunnie EOM.
        At this point, I wouldn’t call it “getting lucky”. The prestige of the program now makes it an extremely desirable job.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          At this point, I wouldn’t call it “getting lucky”. The prestige of the program now makes it an extremely desirable job.
          By "lucky" I mean a high quality guy who isn't taking the job as a stepping stone to someplace else

Comment

By "lucky" I mean a high quality guy who isn't taking the job as a stepping stone to someplace else
            I get it. I still think, based on conversations I’ve had, this is more of a destination job.

Comment

Word on the street is that interviews are starting very soon...

Comment

Which street? Main Street? Harmon Drive? Mill Hill?

Comment

Which street? Main Street? Harmon Drive? Mill Hill?
                  Elm Street
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

From the job posting:
                    Code:
                    Application Instructions:
                    Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application:  https://norwich.interviewexchange.com

Applications will be accepted through July 6, 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      From the job posting:
                      Code:
                      Application Instructions:
                      Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application:  https://norwich.interviewexchange.com

Applications will be accepted through July 6, 2018.
                      Specifically, I have heard that candidates (finalists?) will be on campus next week

Comment

Specifically, I have heard that candidates (finalists?) will be on campus next week
                        Any word on who those finalist might be?

Comment

Belated congrats to Prezde and Mrs. Prezde on their nuptials.

She's a Patriots fan and Prezde suffers with the Bills. This should be interesting.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Belated congrats to Prezde and Mrs. Prezde on their nuptials.

She's a Patriots fan and Prezde suffers with the Bills. This should be interesting.
                            The wife ALWAYS wins....fact
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Yes, Congrats Prez!

Originally posted by NU2020
                              Any word on who those finalist might be?
                              And it's only been three days, but this question deserves a bump.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                                Yes, Congrats Prez!

And it's only been three days, but this question deserves a bump.
                                Goal is to have this wrapped up by mid to late next week. Stay patient. It’s coming soon.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X