Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Prezde is getting married sometime soon I believe.
    July 7th! That was the original reason for the press conference today and then McShane had to go and steal my thunder...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Shocked there is not more reaction in here ... this is only one of the ten greatest coaches in college hockey history!

Comment

Any insight whether Norwich will go with a top D1 assistant or maybe someone like Salve's Zech Klann who must be considered one of the top D3 coaches in the country. In any event I will miss the McShane run and the excellent job he did coaching Norwich hockey. Any coach with NAHL recruiting connections would be a plus.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
          Any insight whether Norwich will go with a top D1 assistant or maybe someone like Salve's Zech Klann who must be considered one of the top D3 coaches in the country. In any event I will miss the McShane run and the excellent job he did coaching Norwich hockey. Any coach with NAHL recruiting connections would be a plus.
          I think it’s tough to speculate who Norwich will go with until resumes start coming in. Multiple times today, it was said that getting the correct “fit” would be critical. Mike McShane was the right guy at the right time. Even another great coach probably wouldn’t have done what he did; it was a perfect fit.

They should take care to make sure they get this right. Norwich hockey is an elite program because of one man. He didn’t do it alone, but he picked the helpers. From 1909-1995, it was a mediocre program (ONE banner in those rafters pre-dates MM). It’s critical to get the right guy in there. I’m very pleased that Coach is going to play a big role in choosing his successor; no one else on the announced committee is qualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Shocked there is not more reaction in here ... this is only one of the ten greatest coaches in college hockey history!
            Couldn’t even get any speculation going after the press conference was announced! *even though I think everyone knew what the announcement was going to be

Comment

My first thought was Dominick Dawes (NU 04) at Stevenson. But, I heard he loves it there and isn’t going anywhere. We’ll see

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                Couldn’t even get any speculation going after the press conference was announced! *even though I think everyone knew what the announcement was going to be
                I love this forum as much as anyone...as evidenced by posting on it since I was 12. Unfortunately, the forum is dated and now everyone takes their conversation to Facebook and Twitter.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  It has to be Bill Beaney, enough with Golf!!
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                    I think it’s tough to speculate who Norwich will go with until resumes start coming in. Multiple times today, it was said that getting the correct “fit” would be critical. Mike McShane was the right guy at the right time. Even another great coach probably wouldn’t have done what he did; it was a perfect fit.

They should take care to make sure they get this right. Norwich hockey is an elite program because of one man. He didn’t do it alone, but he picked the helpers. From 1909-1995, it was a mediocre program (ONE banner in those rafters pre-dates MM). It’s critical to get the right guy in there. I’m very pleased that Coach is going to play a big role in choosing his successor; no one else on the announced committee is qualified.
                    Yes................this post says it all. I sure didn't see this coming............thought he would stay on for our 200th Celebration. We'll just have to wait and see. It will take a lot of work and some puck luck to find his replacement.

NU56
                    Old Member
                    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      July 7th! That was the original reason for the press conference today and then McShane had to go and steal my thunder...
                      Congratulations, Prez! All the best to you and yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        I love this forum as much as anyone...as evidenced by posting on it since I was 12. Unfortunately, the forum is dated and now everyone takes their conversation to Facebook and Twitter.
                        I recommend checking out the D1 boards; they most certainly still converse/speculate/crank the rumor mill. You know, all the fun stuff

Also, a couple of posts about Coach McShane on the UNH board

Comment

Could the wrong person be retiring? Geez, I hope this is done right and not in haste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
                            Could the wrong person be retiring? Geez, I hope this is done right and not in haste.
                            Care to elaborate?

Comment

Never been a big fan of AD; critical of his inability to build more than one consistently successful mainstream sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
                                Never been a big fan of AD; critical of his inability to build more than one consistently successful mainstream sport.
                                10-4,I am up there for the Homecoming football game the past few yrs and it's not pretty,but we will be there in Sept. anyway with my old guard dad..

Comment

Working...
                                X