Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I'm absolutely thrilled!
        I'm with you!
        Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Lost in all the McShane/Cam Ellsworth hoopla...

Kyle Thomas has signed a one-year deal with the Utica Comets of the AHL! Welcome back to the East Coast KT!

http://www.uticacomets.com/news/deta...v-to-ahl-deals
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• My first interview with new Coach Cam Ellsworth on "Score" on WDEV Radio tonight .. 9 PM

Comment

Would it be possible to stream the NU news conference today?
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                IT'S OFFICIAL!!
                According to College Hockey News.com .......they have a story confirming the above new Norwich Hockey Coach as just discussed. I found it on in the Div I hockey forum under the Lowell thread. Of course with all the "fake News" out there.............who knows what is true when we read the news??
                Especially when you are an old geezer.
                When you say "fake news" and enclose the term in quotation marks I'm going to assume that you are poking a little fun at the most egregious user of that term. That guy uses the term to reference the legitimate press, AKA the mainstream media or the journalists who produce usually truthful news at professional news organizations.

But I digress. College Hockey News.com had it right. Welcome to Norwich, Coach! We hope you'll love it in central Vermont and will continue your already-successful career at Norwich for many years to come. You have some WICKED big skates to fill.
                Go Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich Third Bencher View Post
                  When you say "fake news" and enclose the term in quotation marks I'm going to assume that you are poking a little fun at the most egregious user of that term. That guy uses the term to reference the legitimate press, AKA the mainstream media or the journalists who produce usually truthful news at professional news organizations.

But I digress. College Hockey News.com had it right. Welcome to Norwich, Coach! We hope you'll love it in central Vermont and will continue your already-successful career at Norwich for many years to come. You have some WICKED big skates to fill.
                  Just having a little fun. Having a little fun gets be more difficult in your 80's. I agree, it will be a difficult act to follow. Expectations will be high. Glad to not see all gloom and doom on this site with the change.

NU56
                  Old Member
                  Maybe the Oldest

Comment

What I am watching for is to see if Coach brings in a few more recruits, guys UML looked at and for whatever season didn't sign and are still available. He still has a month before the start of school and doesn't seem like the type of coach who will stand pat.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      What I am watching for is to see if Coach brings in a few more recruits, guys UML looked at and for whatever season didn't sign and are still available. He still has a month before the start of school and doesn't seem like the type of coach who will stand pat.
                      What does the roster size look like right now? Most incoming coaches honor the old coach's recruits. If he recruits more, that could send a negative signal, particularly if the expected roster is ~25 or so.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        What does the roster size look like right now? Most incoming coaches honor the old coach's recruits. If he recruits more, that could send a negative signal, particularly if the expected roster is ~25 or so.
                        It hasnt hurt other teams who do this...if he has the option of a potential star following him and a 4th line in and out of the line up guy....this is DIII where there is little to no transfer rules/consequences
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          My first interview with new Coach Cam Ellsworth on "Score" on WDEV Radio tonight .. 9 PM
                          Are these archived anywhere?
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            I believe (not positive) that the roster is currently full. Don’t quote me.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                              I believe (not positive) that the roster is currently full. Don’t quote me.
                              Heard Dillinger will rejoin the team or at least try out. Any truth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
                                Heard Dillinger will rejoin the team or at least try out. Any truth?
                                Melvin Purvis may have a thing to say about that.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X