Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    I agree with you 100%. This year has not been a stellar year. We will need a "given night" if we have to play the buzz saw of Hobart again. They seem to have stolen NU play book.
    I think we all might be guilty of overstating Hobart’s handling of Norwich this year. They’ve played three times: a tie, a beat down, and a very competitive 1 goal game (including a highly controversial goal - it didn’t go in!). As we all know, the only decisive win came when the Cadets were missing multiple players. I think these two teams are pretty evenly matched. If we’re fortunate enough to see Volume 4, I expect one heck of a hockey game. I’m hoping both teams take care of business.

If Hobart can win three in Kreitzberg, they’ll deserve the championship*

*the real championship (only because the NEHC holds a conference tourney, which is lame)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      I agree with you 100%. This year has not been a stellar year. We will need a "given night" if we have to play the buzz saw of Hobart again. They seem to have stolen NU play book.
      Not a stellar year? 18 wins (and counting) and ANOTHER regular season title ... all this after losing 10 seniors off last years championship team. Not stellar my butt!

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2017-18 Season Thread: Defending the Crown

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Not a stellar year? 18 wins (and counting) and ANOTHER regular season title ... all this after losing 10 seniors off last years championship team. Not stellar my butt!
        Some people are spoiled. I'm hopeful that this team can step up in the next two games. Pool C is out the window, so to keep going need to win twice.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Hear Hear. We know they can play well enough to win the semi and finals of the conference title, now they just need to believe in themselves and play like they can. Shake of the mistakes and learn from them. You can if you believe you can.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
            Hear Hear. We know they can play well enough to win the semi and finals of the conference title, now they just need to believe in themselves and play like they can. Shake of the mistakes and learn from them. You can if you believe you can.
            “I will try”

r

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              Whether it’s fair or not, the standard around here is higher than other places. Based on the Norwich standard, so far, this year hasn’t been “stellar”. To me, a stellar year here is a trip to the Final Four. So, there’s still a chance this year could turn out to be a stellar one. That said, if the Cadets falter in the NEHC tourney, I don’t think you could reasonably call this year, by the Norwich standard, a stellar one.

Does that mean we panic? Heck no. This team is loaded with young talent, and a couple d men away from being an absolute juggernaut for the next couple of years.

I have faith that they’ll get it done and take the AQ.

Comment

Well said. I agree totally with you. We can't drink the cool aid to much. They have posted a great season and have been fun to watch. As you say by Norwich Standards not a stellar year. Nailed the NEHC for the crown yup. If we wake up in Lake Placid, Some one get Kurt Russell on the phone, It will be our time.

Comment

I'd like to thank all you posters for your comments and opinions on this thread. I don't get much of a chance to talk Norwich hockey, or any hockey where I live, so this thread livens up my NU hockey experience. Of course the streaming of the games is great. We also must not forget Derrick's outstanding job that he has done with Norwich sports. I worked in the news business all of my working life and I can tell you we are so fortunate to have him here at Norwich. You have no idea how much time he has to put into his excellent work. Remember the "Miracle in Ice" at Lake Placid (I was lucky to be there) and the new curling golden miracle. This team seems to be living up to the "I Will Try" motto which is more than many division 3 teams do. I agree with you guys who believe next year's team will be even better.

NU56
                  Old Member
                  Maybe the Oldest

Comment

+1. So wish I could be up North and attend the Norwich game(s) to support them, but Florida weather is much easier for me, (I get cold when it is 60 degrees now). I too am grateful for the excellent work Derrick, George, Cory and NSN do to keep Norwich alive in my home and heart. And to the posters here, bravo! Great topics, analysis and humor that makes me feel I am closer to my old home in Central Vermont. This senior class are the last of the players I have actually seen on the ice in Kreitzburg and had the pleasure of meeting a few of them. However, through the media, I feel I know the "new team" just as well and have a connection with them as if I was in Northfield for every game.

I urge all who are in driving distance to attend the games and cheer on this talented group of men. The crowd can make the difference! Their motto is "I Will Try", as fans, our motto should be "I Will Watch"! (As a side note, I have watched/listened to every game in the past years online thanks to Norwich, WDEV and NSN!)

I am sure the team does not want the season to end early and frankly neither do I. "I Will Watch" tonight and hopefully won't annoy my neighbors for cheering too loudly when the Cadets win the game!

LET'S GO NORWICH
                    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                      Amen to that Puck Voice. Given the seasoned talent we lost from last year's club...and replaced by an equally talented group of fresh talent...I am proud of how those youngsters have developed and matured....regardless of how the season ends. Let's just relax and enjoy. Good luck Cadets with UMass Boston.

Oh...and Puck Voice thanks again to you, Cory, and your entire WDEV/NSN team for another great season of outstanding broadcasting.
                      Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 02-24-2018, 12:21 PM.
                      Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                      Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's been an awesome ride here for eight years. Go Cadets!
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Playing Norwich hockey tonight! One more boys!

Comment

Looking good so far. I predict that NU vs. Hobart is going to become a big thing in the NEHC. Finish it out today and look forward to seeing the Statesmen back in k'berg

Comment

On the way to stellar?

Comment

Exactly how it should be. Top two teams in the league meet in the finals with a trip the the NCAAs on the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X